Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hey now "apartheid" doesn't automatically mean bad. the US was friends with South Africa for decades and they were an apartheid state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i promise i am very owned

posting in DnD will do that

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

elon musk's family couldn't have made their fortune without the apartheid, so who is to say if apartheid is good or bad?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

T-Paine posted:

why does d&d still exist

D&D is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In D&D you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Incrementalism like Zeno's paradox" is the D&D motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

you can only probate posts under 2 weeks old now because i would find years old posts from ppl in fyad and chain probate them and the freaks in charge didnt like that

unsurprised the mods don't like things older than 2 weeks

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Office Pig posted:

does blinken have brain damage

he has spent a career in government and is now the secretary of state. brain damage is both a requirement and an outcome

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

Israel is a fascist state

Netenhayu is another Hitler.

him giving speeches defending hitler make a whole lot more sense

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

Defund, Disarm and Abolish Israel.

I want every loving urban campus liberal saying this by summer or I'm gonna flip a poo poo.

i don't support anyone who endorses violence

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

is it violence to defend yourself?

it is when the actor is the state and/or the victim is not considered to be human

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

Israel is a person?

not just a person, but the only person who believes in democratic freedoms in the Middle East

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Popy posted:

obama can only get it up by dronestiking teenagers

lmao he publicly stated he had to kill people to look tough for domestic policy reasons

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just remembered the Vela Incident

The Carter administration worked hard to discredit the Vela Incident since one of Carter's policy planks was nonproliferation. He shouldn't have bothered given what happened in Iran later on.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

do Israel and south africa have any sort of connection ?

oranges and nuclear weapons development. lunatic settlers too

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/477625354182733824

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/485177896550817794

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

fits my needs posted:

wtf is antiracism training

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/503921202344517632

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/485182686953504768

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/485178154588585984

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/485178719125114880

https://twitter.com/cvaldary/status/485181237959880704

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

looks like ben is going to win his reelection

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

The last 3 days has shown Isreal is a nation of crisis actors.

this is prime red meat for the base. bibi is going to keep on turning that racism dial unless he is thrown out of government

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Innocuous posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/12/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-palestinians-netanyahu.html

lmao at this "analysis" that notes how this violence completely fucks up the opposition's ability to unite and end netanyahu's government yet can't connect the dots

I'll laugh hard if Netanyahu is able to con Benny Gantz again

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

There is no evidence to suggest that the Palestinians want their own state. None. In fact, there is ample evidence of the exact opposite. Rejection of offers at Camp David under Bill Clinton, of offers by Prime Ministers Olmert and Barak. And of course the ongoing unwillingness to sit down at the negotiating table. My analysis is that the Palestinians believe that by appealing with their "victimization narrative" to the rest of the world, they will generate global pressure on Israel to make some sort of concessions without negotiations. In fact, the ONLY way the Palestinians will ever achieve statehood (if that is what they desire) is by showing Israeli voters that they, the Palestinians, seek coexistence.

One can only wonder why, after all these years, they refuse to see reality.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

AOC wasn't even at the capitol building the day of event

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

remember when Bibi said Hitler didn't actually want to kill any Jews but the big bad arabs forced him to, lmao

Leave Mr. Netanyahu alone. Suggesting he is causing or worsening the violence is a cowardly act (given that the violence precedes him, will continue after him, and is unrelated to him).

Sitting far away, with no skin in the game, and no rockets raining upon their heads - armchair critics in the US and Europe usually have a lot of advise about peace. Rather rich from people who perpetrated world wars, engaged in every crime against humanity, supported every criminal land and mineral grab in the third world, continue to supply arms, and exploit people. What you are looking at in Israel - much as no one likes it - is the best case scenario. No democracy (Israel) can negotiate with an organized crime racket (PA). All IDF can do is play whack-a-mole, regardless of its horrifying details.

I strongly recommend the apologists and second guessers in the west, who seem to know all about what Israel (and Netanyahu should do), go live in Gaza for a few years, try not just to make a living there, but also try to act out their own advice about building community and fostering an interest in peace and prosperity. When you return with success, we will be very happy to listen to you. Meanwhile, lay off Netanyahu.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Seriously what the gently caress..... I'm not defending or supporting israel. Why is everyone such a dick for no reason?

people have really really hard times with reading comprehension but not such a hard time with getting mad online for no reason

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

the word "war crime" is an appeal to an authority that does not exist. it's worth calling out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZ9oFhaXd8

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

im pretty sure any consequences that actually come to israel will come in the form of pissing off muslims and arabs in general with their blatant and open war crimes, which is probably starting now that there's massive streams of pissed off people breaking down the fences from both lebanon and jordan

careful now, calling things war crimes is a controversial appeal to authority

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

now this is intersectionality

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

now that you mention prince i was just reminded of sinead o'connor (palestinian supporter btw) recently revealing that prince invited her over his house to congratulate her on having a big hit on a song he wrote and when she got there he kept ordering his butler to bring her soups that she didn't want to eat and then trying to start a pillow fight with her but had a heavy object in the pillow with which he chased her out of the house and then got in his car and chased her as she ran away pulling up to her, getting out and chasing her on foot around the highway.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the war might not have been a smashing victory but it is probably enough for bibi to hang onto power

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mostly Lurking posted:

hahah god drat. I stopped liking TYT way back but I never thought Cenk would retreat to mainstream media BS on Palestine. Those Clinton Bucks must be some good stuff.

During the 2020 election season, one of the few people Bernie Sanders formally endorsed was Cenk Uygur.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

smarxist posted:

people like cenk think all i/p conflict is based on zealots fighting over "the invisible sky man" and then also will write a complaint letter to their HOA about a neighbors gaudy trashcans

material conditions play NO PART in my end of history fantasy land

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hahahahah

quote:

Sen. Sanders placed a hold on State nominees in response, but lifted the hold today

how brave and principled this man is

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

QUEER FRASIER posted:

yep. his campaign was a great preview of what his presidency would’ve been like: a giant mismanaged waste of a lot of good peoples’ time, effort, and money

hey now, a bunch of consultants and ladder climbers made fat stacks AND got progressive cred for badass hustling in future roles

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Oddly enough, praising or excusing the crimes of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis in general can get you all sorts of credibility and support in Israeli politics. Benjamin Netanyahu, for example, has defended Adolf Hitler so many times and with such passion that it isn't even newsworthy anymore.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

He literally said that Hitler was fine and cool with jews until some Palestinian guy gave him the idea of the final solution.

Hitler, the misguided visionary who was deceived by the grand mufti. In conservative circles, this historical take is not looked upon with disfavor.

Totally loving nuts

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

What does "crack ping" mean?

"crack ping" is the sound of your brain breaking

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

you down with OPT?

YEAH YOU KNOW ME

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

I was thinking "so settlers need to make a 30min drive for their ice cream? Who gives a poo poo" but I should have known that they'd throw a tantrum over minor inconveniences

iirc, more than one government in Israel has come to power by catering to the minor inconveniences of the settlers

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Didn't Mossad hire Otto Skorzeny at some point?

They did!

Otto worked for them because he loved the action and because the Israelis promised to lean on Simon Wiesenthal to get him to take Otto off of the list of holocaust perpetrators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the Knesset is melting down again the ruling coalition just lost another member and now holds a minority of seats

it lost one right winger a few weeks ago for "betraying the jewish character of the state" and this time it was an arab who is leaving over the journalist killing

is that Benjamin's theme song I hear starting up?