Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

We're better than the bad forums. We let disgusting retards frolick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

goddam you are a boring poo poo

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So, let's just say Israel doesn't have to go in to cause this genocide.

Turning the taps off to 2,000,000 people is going to kill 100,000 within a week *of today.

Let's do some math here.

2,000,000 people drinking .5L is 1,000,000L per day, which is 250,000 US gallons of water per day.

.5L seems extremely low for what people are prolly drinking seeing as the options are very limited and people are moving around quite a bit from the being actively ethnically cleansed.

So it's probably far higher and far quicker. But three days of no water is going to kill you and very likely faster than that.

The stock of water is probably somewhat still existent but if people are drinking sea water I am curious to know how much water reserve was just destroyed.

Either way. We are looking at a horrifying crisis, and an extremely extremely desperate group of people that may do something like mass storm the Israeli border, or the Egyptian one potentially.

We could see people machine gunned down trying to escape.

Literally the world is going to be a dark dark loving place to live as people have to reverse course from supporting this holocaust speedrun

:gb2gbs:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

osint ghouls gently caress off

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Losing my mind to this attack on a hospital.

Losing my mind at the insanely obvious disinfo campaign in response.

Losing my mind to people I know believing OSINT bros with names like Zionist Supporter 88.

God help us. Allah save the Palestinians. DTA. DTI. May all those murdered find peace, and may the survivors take justice.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Zudgemud posted:

Nope, I just can't see how staying in a hospital and hoping to not get murdered by IDF who explicitly said they will murder you and all your patients if you stay there is a better outcome than evacuate as much as possible. I get that it is probably literally impossible to evacuate most patients and staff to other less bombed areas of Gaza under the circumstances because Gaza is not safe anywhere. But that does not really change the premise of stay and get murdered or try to evacuate somewhere else where you can at least help with basic first aid to prevent even more death.

jfc just think for like a second what a hospital evacuation entails wtf is wrong with you?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Zudgemud posted:

Then do not evacuate those patients, you have obligations to all your other patients too and if you and they are dead you cannot help them either. And you can't do poo poo for the thousands of other victims either.

I know this, this is indeed a very, very bad thing that normally should not be done, and for a doctor or nurse it can be emotionally impossible or traumatizing too but the alternative is worse because the IDF sure as gently caress are gonna murder you and ALL your patients. The medical staff are not the ones murdering the patients, the IDF are. You can't save everyone but you might be able to save some, at least temporarily, and medical professionals are really loving useful when trying to save the hundreds to thousands of victims that is being produced by Israel daily.

As for where to evacuate people, who knows, but not all of the Gaza strip is being bombed at once so try to move to some place where the IDF is not explicitly saying they will bomb, and then move when that place also becomes too dangerous.

evacuate these forums you piece of poo poo

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Autisanal Cheese posted:

There was the one main one and now suddenly three or four more have popped out of the woodwork in the last page or so

who gives a gently caress? i dont wanna hear about their nazi poo poo in here

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

This may be what Israel was looking for by attacking the hospital. Create something so horrifying that it draws Lebanon, etc. into the conflict. At that point Biden throws in as well, and with direct US military support (as in boots on the ground), Israel has the cover it needs to invade Gaza.

there is no plan. just blind hate and vengeance

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

this is good to see

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

I’m not sure how a cease fire is actually beneficial to the complicated situation at hand. These are two militaries at war. Hamas wants to hide and just restart again.

Hamas is unapologetically hiding in hospitals and schools and behind civilians. Always has been. Israel has made the intent to wipe out this network in northern Gaza by making it untenable for all civilians before the clean up operation. Hospitals are defying this under a shroud of righteousness, but can also be interpreted as effectively a form of defiance and protection for Hamas since they are known bad actors. You can’t claim a creed when you know your actions are delaying what the other party has made clear is an inevitable. ‘Do no harm’ doesn’t mean knowingly put hundreds people at exponential risk to have a slight increased chance save a couple.

The WHO can put out statements all they want, but they aren’t helping the situation. Israel clearly wants civilians gone so they can access the hidden networks and shoot anything that moves on sight. Hamas is doubling down on taking advantage of the situation at the expense of Palestinians.

The difference between other wars and this one is the overt willingness to use it’s own citizens as fodder to advance the war effort that Hamas employs. Armies that actually defend the will of the people wouldn’t stoop that low on such a large scale.

Now whether Israel knowingly let the yon kippur attack ‘surprise’ them and used their own citizens as fodder to reignite the conflict and this not be a story of incompetence is a whole other conspiracy chat. But that’s attributing incompetence to covert malice, which is rarely true. Hamas using citizens as shields is a strategy, not incompetence, hence the simpler argument to make.

this SYQ almost got me the first time around

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

smarxist posted:

i keep forgetting who hitler 2 is

is it biden or netanyahu?

imagine the most slowest and greyest possible fusion dance

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

This is a completely unfounded opinion I've pulled out of my rear end but I think Biden is like actually personally invested in whatever the gently caress it is he's trying to do in the middle east right now. I think he's experiencing that moment of lucidity terminally ill people get right before the end

listen here jack i i uh i i uh want to leave a legacy like a like like a stain that wont wash out your leg hairs uh people should people should look take a look at that uh um stain that legacy and uh say you know who left that there? that was corn pop i mean me. that was um me

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

who cares what those nazi dimwits say ffs

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel needs a "humanitarian pause" to relax their muscles and have some sippies after wailing on a toddler for 8 straight rounds.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

sabbath bloody sabbath

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

making an artillery man drool

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

not gonna lie ive rarely felt such impotent rage as over the last few days

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I just don't see how anyone could look at this situation and not want to see Israel defeated militarily

politically too

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

evilmiera posted:

The replies to that is just pure garbage, so I will have to ask again, what's a good extension to block blue ticks again?

get banned and never return to there

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

i dont think anybody likes the bit fizzy

Bad News for Ohtori Akio

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

saudi arabia is taking israels side and allowing america to set up american anti missile defences to protect israel from houthi missiles

https://x.com/shaykhsulaiman/status/1719923900652384366?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

its as i said, arab regimes are israeli clients, the only way to save palestine is the physical removal of these regimes

a very outside chance they will just take the money and then just never staff that poo poo

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

What’s the reason for the reluctance of the rich countries like SA/Egypt/etc not taking a stronger stance against Israel? Just too captive to US economic interests?

a gilded prison is still infinitely better than ever having to answer to your people considering the decades and decades of secret police and bootheel diplomacy theyve given out over the years.

they have bills to pay once they let any cracks show theyd be lucky to merely get the gaddafi treatment

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

gooning goons goonering

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Al! posted:

new nakba who this?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

counterpoint: everyone should be cheering on hamas and celebrating their wins against the zionist occupying war criminals

dont be too hard on speng. SAD is like the UN and the pressure would make anyone lol i cant finish the sentence

bad shoot
bad

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Zodium posted:

turn this into the gbs ukraine thread and die

we let war crime gigolo post here but al saqr posting venom at arab leaders is somehow kicked down man its all wrong

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

it's the play-by-play video reports that are too much, not the posts about how Arab dictators and Hezbollah are all cucks and useless

i get that and i also get his especial enthusiam for any sort of change in his part of the world and theres other play by play dudes who could have been pinged to send up the signal other than him and i will stop the posting about posting now

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Maya Fey posted:

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1722969513363116273

Listen to this thorough and comprehensive historical analysis by @HillaryClinton on the current war against Hamas.

there is nothing on this earth that could make me click that

and im sure its somehow worse than i am imagining

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

evilmiera posted:

So, translated from Trumpish, he's against a ceasefire?

hes saying let them fight and ill back the winner when one becomes clear i think

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

gently caress all of this

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ardennes posted:

It is about the US throwing its weight around, Netanyahu in the end as beholden to the US as is Zelensky, the US has gone around to intimidate the region so they can send a "message" to the rest of the world in Gaza.

Al Shifa is part of that message.

if this sort of massacre is meant to cower people im not sure how thats playing out

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ardennes posted:

They are confident the world will obey them or else.

i dont know that israel will enjoy the 'or else' part of this ultimatum but i dont see a way they can back down at all now. i also dont see how they get stopped unless it spills over into a regional war. thats probably a more likely thing than it was a week ago i think.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

rgocs posted:

So, Israel showed some supposed photos of a "tunnel entrance" in the hospital, right? And then some people said it's a fuel depot, or whatever. (Yes, I agree that even if there were to be a base, it does not remove the responsibility of not harming civilians).

However, there are correspondents in the hospital giving live reports. Why don't they just, you know, walk over to the supposed tunnel with their cameras and show what it actually is? Voila there, no base, piss off... now they have no excuse to attack it, or come up with another one that can be equally disproved.

Is it because:
A) yeah, it actually is a tunnel to "Hamas HQ"
B) gently caress you Israel, fight your way here and find out, waste away your international PR points.

israel wont believe any info gained that way. you cant satisfy them except by dying with extremely incriminating documents on your corpse

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

quote isnt edit

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

is there any hospital anywhere without any underground areas? theyve all got tunnels running under them for pipes and access etc most will have a couple of computer rooms too

our media is so bad

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I'm confused by calibanibal's role in this thread

he posts good

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Being completely honest I don't see how this can be resolved without the state of Israel, as it is, being allowed to continued. There's no other path forward to prevent an ongoing genocide, Israels government has shown itself to be completely incompatible with basic humanity it revels in abject human suffering and death and has been so focused on doing so to such a degree it has no capacity for anything else. Every action it takes is derived from a starting point of how to kill and torture a group of people more than before.

they seem to be taking considerable losses against an improverished opponent too, the US has all sorts of things there to stop other militaries getting too involved but could they actually intervene heavily enough to stop all the neighbours? it seems clear that rn israel would struggle mightly if even one near peer were to join against them, let alone a coalition

the answers to that question is where i guess ww3 starts coming into it at worst

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

:laffo:
this fox will guard these hens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Confusedslight posted:

Just holding up a flag with the words "in the name of love" in front of ruins is some psycho poo poo.