Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

from the graun article on the protests:

quote:

While protest camps within Gaza were set up a few hundred metres back from the heavily fortified barrier, large crowds marched on Friday towards the fence and started throwing rocks. Ten men with bullet wounds were seen being carried away on stretchers. All had been shot in the legs.
oh just shot in the legs for throwing rocks, that's okay then

quote:

Hours before demonstrations even started on Friday, the first fatality occurred. A Palestinian farmer was killed and a second Palestinian was wounded by an Israeli tank shell, according to Gaza’s health ministry.

Witnesses said the man was working on his land, but an Israeli army spokesman said the two suspects were “operating suspiciously”. Gaza’s health ministry later said three men were shot dead during clashes.
oh huh. did the tank shell aim for their legs as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

meanwhile the belgian national news network has found out exclusive info that literally no other news network is going with: the farmer they blew up was crossing the border!

probably to terrorise israeli crops

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

wonder where they got that info, because witnesses said his body was found half a mile from the border
crawled back terroristishly in a hamas propaganda effort

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jose posted:

i'm the person filming who is completely incapable of keeping the 1 guy in view the entire time
extremely normal takeaway

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Plutonis posted:

the only way israel will ever get in trouble is if they destroy a western country's embassy or something
i mean they've attacked western ships, killed western citizens, did a bunch of messed up stuff with mossad including breaching the sovereignty of western countries

not a lot of consequences tho

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i think the travel ban's been lifted just yesterday. i was supposed to see her speak at our marxist party's yearly festival here in belgium (other guests: ché's daughter and allende's grandson), but she had to skip it due to the ban. she sent a lovely video message, though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/1443554470198120450

:magemage:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

Everyone in the IDF should be killed

Eliot Higgins should be loving shot in both knees

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

love watching oafs post

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

dti

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

Every single member of the IDF should be killed

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

they're not just going to get their Right to Return

they're also going to get Right to Repair
john deer revealing they don't just have an option to remotely deactivate their tractors when they detonate these

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Was kinda anxious about how my party was going to position itself, considering that basically every other Belgian party lusts for Muslim blood. But it's another common PTB W, hell yeah:

Belgian PTB leader Raoul Hedebouw posted:

The images are terrible... In response to the attack launched by Hamas from Gaza yesterday, the Israeli army unleashed yet another round of its firepower. Once again, the region is ablaze and the worst must be feared for the coming hours and days. Our thoughts are with all the innocent civilian casualties, on both sides.

But let us be clear: the war that Benjamin Netanyahu and his government say they are declaring today against the Palestinians has been ongoing for more than 75 years. At the root of the problem are Israeli apartheid and occupation, the injustices and daily violence that have been committed with impunity all along.

"The unlawful acts are committed first and foremost by Israel, which has maintained a military blockade for 16 years, which under international law is tantamount to aggression. More generally, there is the occupation of the Palestinian territories, with colonisation that is only increasing, with a whole series of repressive measures against the Palestinian population, including the destruction of homes," François Dubuisson, professor of international law at ULB, rightly explained on RTBF yesterday.

The situation is worsening with the current Israeli government composed of far-right forces. The events of the past year clearly showed that: the raids on the holy sites of the Al-Aqsa Mosque, the increasing colonisation, especially of Sheikh Jarrah (East Jerusalem), the 247 Palestinian deaths since the beginning of the year (before this weekend), the murder of journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, the repeated attacks by Israeli settlers on the village of Huwara and the attack on the Jenin refugee camp. On 28 August, the NGO Human Rights Watch published an alarming report strongly condemning the record number of Palestinian children killed with impunity by Israeli occupation forces.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu now declares, "We are going to turn Gaza into a desert. I tell all Gaza residents to flee." But where should they go when they have been locked up for 16 years in an open-air prison of only a few square kilometres?

No one can understand the situation or propose a solution without considering this reality. US and European countries' support for Israel is also part of the problem.

Instead of supporting Netanyahu in his war, we should call for an immediate ceasefire and urgent de-escalation. Especially as the conflict threatens to spread throughout the region.

There must be a way out of this tragic spiral of violence: ending the occupation is the only way to achieve a just and lasting peace.

he even included the image:

feels good to be part of a party that doesn't suck rear end

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Red and Black posted:

Can't help but think that all hope died with Ariel Sharon. Despite his past, late in his life he somehow became the only person with the required popularity and, at least as far I could tell, the will to make the enormous changes Israel would need for any deal to be reached. In an alternate timeline where he lived another term or two all this poo poo could be over by now or at least on the path to it instead of this endless death spiral. The idea of any concessions by Israel is now even more dead and buried than he is. It can really only end violently now.
you do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to ariel sharon

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

germany too. the nazi countries united once more.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Isizzlehorn posted:

Zelensky starts sweating uncontrollably somewhere and doesn't know why
probably the usual

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i hate every western journalist

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

speng31b posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

SAD thread about this thread has been activated. Since this affects posting itt now's your chance to get all your metaforums posting opinions heard.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4044223&pagenumber=5&perpage=40
i will not read that thread, nor respect any decisions that come from it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

video game mods barely possess higher brain function, they shouldn't be allowed to mod the politics forums. it's like giving a toddler or a reasonably smart dog a gun.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

speng31b posted:

the video games admin guy is good and is trying to do his best but the politics of politics posting is pretty loving stupid lol. props to the posters who kicked off the latest sad thread they really timed it right to maximize the psychic damage to whichever admin got stuck with that one since all the politics admins got put to pasture
im not blaming him, in the same way i wouldn't blame the toddler or the dog in the analogy. his tiny mind needs to be protected from politics.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

speng31b posted:

yeah slow mode is dead now
im gonna double post

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

dti

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i am filled with rage

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

im so loving tired of having a bunch of ghouls come up with the most wild and obvious bullshit in response to the hospital attack and all the "sensible" types and every western journalist going "well we just have to hear them out, them's the rules"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

national news network is going with "it's looking more and more like it was a stray Palestinian rocket because both bellingcat and geoconfirmed said so"

i loving hate these people

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

what's this wrinkly old gently caress going to get the world into now?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

e: ^^ that's fair

webcams for christ posted:

I mean I do not have any context, but it seemed like in this exchange she was teeing off pretty easy questions and letting Hamas speak for themselves with articulate answers

do you think this interview was meant to make Hamas look bad?
yeah, it felt more like giving them a chance to defend themselves against some views which undoubtably are doing the rounds.

except when she essentially basically did a version of "will you condemn hamas?" when she asked him to apologise lol

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

hamas take my energy

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

DiscountDildos posted:

https://x.com/ballesteros_312/status/1718019197366669344?s=20

"A ceasefire would not help the residents of Gaza" is an astounding thing to say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv1urfDXs-o

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
keep up the barrage

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/Elad_Si/status/1718218256308191697

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Pookah posted:

I've been hearing a lot of online chatter lately about how life in Gaza would be so much better if the people would oust Hamas somehow and elect a more co-operative government.
Learning a bit recently about what life is really like in the West Bank for Palestinians (and other non-Israelis), has really emphasized for me why that argument is complete bullshit .
you can safely ignore people who talk like this because if your understanding of this "conflict" doesn't start with the premise that israel wants to genocide or at the least ethnically cleanse the palestinians, your opinions are worthless

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

put yer dicks back in your pants, lads

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

netanyahu: im gonna do a genocide
western media: what could this possibly mean?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

mcclay posted:

is there a link to the Al jezerra article talking about the Israeli mech column getting hit by rockets? not a link to the video, just the article talking about it
reading playboy for the articles rear end motherfucker

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I have to believe this, that most people still have a general sense that the position put forth by the media must have some validity. Because I really don't see how it's otherwise possible for a regular person to look at this situation and come to any conclusion other than Israel has no right whatsoever to exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgcqB8-AxE

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Buddykins posted:

if the us does get involved, which i highly doubt will happen, what would that mean? the us would be loving ostracized - everyone is against what israel is doing, loving EVERYONE.
drat, imagine basically every non-western country hating the USA. sends shivers down my spine.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

speng31b posted:

stfu about forums meta stuff for a little while this thread is about Palestine.
palestine... free it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it should be easy not to post the nazi account, seeing as he's just reposting things either from non-nazi accounts that you can also post or he's posting the things that have been thread staples for years like pedosrael.jpg

seems hard to do for some of you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

listen to Arab voices...
hinkle's a nazi, tho, not a grifter. his own selfish reasons are nazism. he hates hilter 2 but loves hitler 1

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)