Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
just saw the news and welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KreaseChan/status/979875000734937091

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

megalodong posted:

Pallywood strikes again!
That reminds me of this party I went to a few years ago. Afterwards I went to hang out and drink beer and chill with these two Israeli students at their place next door. One of them grew up in Russia and was a Spartak Moscow hooligan, moved to Israel, did his stint in the IDF, got out and went to college.

Anyways he showed me this "Pallywood" video compilation on his laptop. There were a few times when it looked like staged stuff was happening but other times... uhh... not. So I'm here sitting next to this guy watching Palestinian kids get shot, and any time one of them got hit he'd start going HAHAHAHA and anyways it was really disturbing!

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 13:42 on Mar 31, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/982371564376162304

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well the smoke contains carcinogens and other pollutants so firing into the crowd is really an environmental protection measure in accordance with Israel's laws and its multi-lateral responsibilities to combat climate change.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/memeclasswar/status/982442667849207810

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

He has been the president of the Islamic Association of South Australia since its establishment in 2016.[2][6][7][8] The Association holds no legitimacy in the Muslim world, and there are no known members aside from Tawhidi himself. Tawhidi is known for giving himself glamorous titles, such as "The Deputy of The Grand Shi'a Islamic Jurisdiction"[9]. However, these titles do not exist, and never have existed in the Muslim world. He claims to have received advanced lessons from Ayatollah Sadiq Shirazi.[3][8][10] He has also written infrequently for The Huffington Post since January 2016.
I'm the Grand Mufti of Vitty's Sports Bar and I say Israel did nothing wrong.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RBrulin/status/1092431185056288769
https://twitter.com/RBrulin/status/1092437837591601156
https://twitter.com/RBrulin/status/1092441879831080960

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
rich, pro-israel jews in NYC donate to campaigns but bernie sanders (who is jewish) is one of the few politicians who doesn't feel like he needs to kiss their rear end and take their money, which is why he's hated

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

uh, also that whole soak-the-rich thing that affects capital across all religion and ethnicity
of course

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
anti-semites are the real useful idiots -- they are total idiots. they are instrumentally useful for the israeli state now to the point that being pro-israel and anti-semitic do not necessarily contradict each other. it's also why some of the scariest stuff is directed at jewish activists against the occupation:

https://twitter.com/jvp_pdx/status/1047486414164639744

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Psy-Group had more success pitching an operation, code-named Project Butterfly, to wealthy Jewish-American donors. The operation targeted what Psy-Group described as “anti-Israel” activists on American college campuses who supported the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions movement, known as B.D.S. Supporters of B.D.S. see the movement as a way to use nonviolent protest to pressure Israel about its treatment of the Palestinians; detractors say that B.D.S. wrongly singles out Israel as a human-rights offender. B.D.S. is anathema to many ardent supporters of the Israeli government.

In early meetings with donors, in New York, Burstien said that the key to mounting an effective anti-B.D.S. campaign was to make it look as though Israel, and the Jewish-American community, had nothing to do with the effort. The goal of Butterfly, according to a 2017 company document, was to “destabilize and disrupt anti-Israel movements from within.” Psy-Group operatives scoured the Internet, social-media accounts, and the “deep” Web—areas of the Internet not indexed by search engines like Google—for derogatory information about B.D.S. activists. If a student claimed to be a pious Muslim, for example, Psy-Group operatives would look for photographs of him engaging in behavior unacceptable to many pious Muslims, such as drinking alcohol or having an affair. Psy-Group would then release the information online using avatars and Web sites that couldn’t be traced back to the company or its donors.

Project Butterfly launched in February, 2016, and Psy-Group asked donors for $2.5 million for operations in 2017. Supporters were told that they were “investing in Israel’s future.” In some cases, a former company employee said, donors asked Psy-Group to target B.D.S. activists at universities where their sons and daughters studied.

The project would focus on as many as ten college campuses. According to an update sent to donors in May, 2017, Psy-Group conducted two “tours of the main theatre of action,” and met with the campaign’s outside “partners,” which it did not name. Psy-Group employees had recently travelled to Washington to visit officials at a think tank called the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, which had shared some of its research on the B.D.S. movement. In a follow-up meeting, which was attended by Burstien, Psy-Group provided F.D.D. with a confidential memo describing how it had compiled dossiers on nine activists, including a lecturer at the University of California, Berkeley. In the memo, Psy-Group asked the foundation for guidance on identifying future targets. According to an F.D.D. official, the foundation “did not end up contracting with them, and their research did little to advance our own.”

Burstien recruited Ram Ben-Barak, a former deputy director of Mossad, to help with the project. As the director general of Israel’s Ministry of Strategic Affairs, from 2014 to 2016, Ben-Barak had drawn up a plan for the state to combat the B.D.S. movement, but it was never implemented. Ben-Barak was enthusiastic about Butterfly. He said that the fight against B.D.S. was like “a war.” In the case of B.D.S. activists, he said, “you don’t kill them but you do have to deal with them in other ways.”
i.e. harassment, death threats, slander, gently caress with your bank accounts, and sending bulky men wearing creepy bird masks to follow you around

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:46 on Feb 11, 2019

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DEA posted:

That photo is pretty creepy. But why is the masked guy standing there? Hundreds of students probably walk out of the campus at that exit. Was the bird-mask guy just sitting there waiting for his target to come to then stand up when he arrives? Or was the bird-mask guy following his target and jumped in front of him and stood to his right?
they show up at pro-palestinian events

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1095329033984851969
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1095330299423191040

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/steketeh/status/1125653589165318144

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chuka Umana posted:

Remember when the Trump admin was opening the new embassy on the anniversary of nakba and the protests were actually sympathetically covered by the media to own Trump?
i wonder if they ever showed the protesters with posters depicting trump's decapitated head looking like a pig's head stuck on a pike with "lord of the lies" written on it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zisky posted:

being an American Jew really sucks sometimes, and that's entirely separate and yet (for some people) intrinsically linked to how much Israel loving sucks

This probably isn't the right thread for that idea, but I don't know where else to put it.
jews speaking up is a good thing. the likudnik project wants jews to identify with israel as an identity so if anyone criticizes whatever the government is doing that is therefore attacking a jewish identity. and there are creepy far-right people in the U.S. who desire the same thing

Zisky posted:

Birthright also seriously fucks with the brains of a lot of young people that don't know any better.
a couple of years ago there was a young guy who showed up at my group's meeting wanting to know what our position on israel was about. he was into this labor zionism thing (ship has sailed, dude) and had his birthright shirt or whatever. i told him it was an apartheid state and he got offended, but i had also recently met a jewish activist for palestinian causes who was beat up by israeli cops in israel and had menacing phone calls sent to her parents back in the U.S., so

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

paul_soccer12 posted:

im still skeptical that iron dome has ever successfully shot down anything. seems just like a way to inflate the threat from the gaza rockets by going ya sure there are never any actual casualties from these attacks but imagine how bad it would be if we didnt have this gigantic bloated military tax dollar giveaway protecting our brave settlers
i think that's part of it, but i was looking at this where hamas will spam cheap rockets through bespoke MLRS. i wonder if that just overwhelms iron dome which allows the rockets with the heavier payloads to get through

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1392204034036092928

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Oyak posted:

Golda Meir once said, "We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children."

Think about that for a minute. I know I did very frequently, because my former office's secretary had that quote framed on the wall.
an oppressor rarely says "i hate you" but "why are you making me hate you"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this guy is the loving worst

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

smug n stuff posted:

This seems to make sense given the information we have: they've got tanks and artillery firing into Gaza, and they might send troops in soon, but they haven't yet.
It does seem like the IDF is wording things to lead people to believe that they're full-scale invading, though. Sincere question, why would they do that before actually invading?
takes longer to gear up for a ground invasion.

my guess is that it's "reconnaissance by fire"* where they drop a lot of artillery, drive some tanks around and make a lot of noise and then use media psyops to create the impression of an invasion. it's a feint. goal being: provoke hamas into mobilizing, giving the israelis some clue about their disposition. they probably also had UAVs up watching. also if hamas fighters expose themselves they risk getting droned.

*just the military jargon term for the tactic but people actually get killed this way

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It should go without saying that destroying an entire village as a strategy of counter-insurgency is literal Nazi doctrine.
hobsbawm:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Seriously what the gently caress..... I'm not defending or supporting israel. Why is everyone such a dick for no reason?
i think they're just angry and confused

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this is good. i'm glad we can be patient with each other while remembering to stay true to our mission

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

So I guess I never looked into it, but what is the US’ strategic goal in such unconditional support for Israel? Just so we can have a friendly place to park military bases? So stir up the Muslims and give them a target that isn’t US forces? Or we just felt bad for opposing the Nazis and wanted another genocidal regime to support to help make up for it?
i think the most important thing is economic as there is a lot of interlinking between the U.S. and israeli economies in terms of tech, biotech, pharma and the military-industrial complex.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Didn't some carter admin guy say it was important to keep the mideast in turmoil because it's the nexus of Africa, Asia, and Europe
israel also does a lot of proxy dirty work like assassinations and sending mercenaries around

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Italia doing the lords work again.
livorno is a pretty red city

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UexB1T8j4yY

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Potentially. Qassams are fairly easy to make, and they've been using real missiles sparingly. If they've been stockpiling for years they could have tens of thousands of rockets, and can keep making more.
they're dug in so deep that there's nothing the israeli army can do about it. they can't win militarily. they can only terrorize the civilian population to appease the likudnik meatheads

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

How often does dershowitz' keyboard autocorrect palestine into pal epstein
exquisite

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i just imagine the birthright trips as like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcDWMb6uins

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also please take this rest stop to text your parents in new jersey and tell them to please send monies

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

In it, they relocate all the Jews to Manhattan and basically build a wall around it.
the baruch of new york, he's a numba one

and he has captured the president

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SurgicalOntologist posted:

One of the insidious things about the birthright propaganda tour that I wasn't expecting was how they use sleep deprivation. All the activities are mandatory and you are on the bus at 7am (or 4am on the day you hike Masada) and at the hotel at 11pm, and of course that's when the partying starts. They corral a dazed, sleep-deprived busload of people (including the IDF soldiers that join each birthright trip mainly to facilitate the partying it seems) to whatever nationalist tourist site where you see a rousing video of the declaration of independence or whatever. Then we get back to the bus and I'm like "gently caress that was boring but at least I got a nap, am I right?" and I look around and half the group is all teary-eyed or even bawling with the emotion of it.
max blumenthal here talking about his birthright experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8BDn_d-v4g&t=3298s

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 16:14 on May 20, 2021

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
thinking about going off and blasting a few rounds into the air to commemorate this victory over the zionist entity but someone might call the police

https://twitter.com/TheNationalNews/status/1395521543975882756

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AlQastalps/status/1395529358325043210

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'd interpret this more as a sign of the sea change forcing their hand rather than giving any credit to Trevor Noah for doing the right thing. Liberals who watch the Daily Show don't really need convincing, they're already primed for whatever the tv man tells them to believe, and the tv men are all pissed off about the AP getting bombed.
visiting my parents over the weekend, my centrist-liberal father was really pissed about israel bombing the AP building. not that them blowing up that particular building was what pushed him over, he has been DTI for awhile, but it's an anecdotal point

punk rebel ecks posted:

"Pro-Israeli Demonstrators"? I thought they were the Proud Boys.
i saw something about that and they looked like JDL guys. saw one guy flashing a kach flag, so yeah

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
yes, i'm sure these guys were interested in peaceful dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V02UsZUzVI