Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

israel is bad and palestine is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

So does Palestine exist or not? I am confused.

as with most things, it depends on if you ask a white person https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_the_State_of_Palestine

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/939509935423057920

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Every man should have, whether he's ever bothered to articulate them or not, things he's willing to die for.

However, if your list of things worth dying for included " to protest that a nation I hate, has moved its embassy from a random city in another nation I hate, to that nation's capital city", well, perhaps you should have been thinking a bit harder about things worth living for instead of increasing the "yeah, I'd get killed over that" list.

haha where'd you find this i didn't see it on the IDF twitter

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

magnavox space odyssey posted:

I thought neonazis loved Israel and pointed to it as a successful ethno state

yeah nazis have been wishing they could get away with the poo poo israel does here for years

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/996011689127694337

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

dti

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Reverend Dr posted:

This has been going on all day, but it can't break through because Trump Roseanne made a racist tweet.

https://twitter.com/lummideast/status/1001465151676174336

hamas terror tunnel

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I still really want to know what the gently caress a hamas terror tunnel is

is that just how they smuggle in food from the outside world since gaza has been under siege for most of its existence

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

*note that this clashes with the official political rhetoric, which presents the PA as Nazis 2.0 for racist reasons. it's hard to tell how many people are trumpeting the rhetoric as rhetoric and how many people actually believe it

america is currently falling apart because it started electing a lot of the people who actually believed in the bad faith propaganda instead of realizing it was a con so I can't wait for this to also happen in Israel

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

btw israel is currently bombing the gently caress out of gaza and there are talks of a large scale operation. I guess bibi wants a victory lap after passing the apartheid law.

things are real rough right now. israel has closed off the main commercial entry into gaza for long enough for people to start running out of gas

e: for a few days now

https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1019338311398240256?s=19
https://twitter.com/MuhammadSmiry/status/1019214573134663680?s=19

and now they're getting into bombings

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 21:27 on Jul 20, 2018

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

they figured out nobody is going to stop them from genociding gaza so they're just gonna starve em out

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's to stop Hamas going out in their terror boats to murder noble Israeli families (of fish, to feed themselves)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/1028275111974121472?s=19

Terror balloons!!!!!!!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

they won't let them leave because most of them want to return to their homes, which are now in israel, and that can't be allowed to happen

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Grondoth posted:

how can an israeli court rule on a Palestinian village

https://twitter.com/yoskesh/status/1036925377879449600?s=19

looks like an israeli village to me

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

etalian posted:

Israel is basically when a whole nation of MAGA chud type people take over a whole nation and also have a similar thin skinned persecution complex.

maga chud people are a direct evolution from white settler culture, which has never gone away

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/Gil_Hoffman/status/1062663543324098561?s=19

what is going on

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Kurnugia posted:

Isn't memri tv supposed to be pro israeli propaganda. this guy is badass

much of it is badly translated on purpose to portray arabs as bloodthirsty maniacs and their programming as deranged propaganda, so yes. this is from a kid's show with a Mickey Mouse named Farfour broadcast on palestinian TV

quote:

Several commentators, such as CNN's Arabic department, have claimed that the transcript of the April 13 show (2007) provided by MEMRI contains numerous translation errors and undue emphases.[90] Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for the Guardian newspaper (UK), wrote in a blog for the newspaper that in the translation of the video, showing Farfour eliciting political comments from a young girl named Sanabel, the MEMRI transcript misrepresents the segment where he asks what she will do, by attributing a sentence said by Farfour, ("I'll shoot"), to the child while ignoring the child's actual reply ("I'm going to draw a picture").[90]

Whitaker further criticized MEMRI's translation. He and others commented that a statement uttered by the same child, ("We're going to [or want to] resist"), had been given an unduly aggressive interpretation by MEMRI as ("We want to fight"). Also, where MEMRI translated the girl as saying the highly controversial remark ("We will annihilate the Jews"), Whitaker and others, including Arabic speakers used by CNN, insist that based on careful listening to the low quality video clip, the girl is variously interpreted as saying, "The Jews [will] shoot[] us"[90] or "The Jews are killing us."[91] Other sources have also pointed out that MEMRI's translation "I will commit martyrdom" should more accurately have been "I'll become a martyr" – a passive statement rather than an active/aggressive threat.[92]

CNN's Glenn Beck had planned to run MEMRI's translation on his radio programme but was stopped by his producer. Beck then invited Yigal Carmon, a former Colonel of IDF Intelligence and founder and President of MEMRI, on to the programme where Carmon denounced CNN's Arabic translation.[90]

MEMRI defends their translation of the show, Yigal Carmon declared, "Yes, we stand by the translation by the very words, by the context, by the syntax, and every measure of the translation."[91]

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

like "america first", but a bit more explicit

its a nearly direct translation of "Deutschland, deutschland über alles" lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hezbollah terror tunnel is my favorite donkey kong country 2 level

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

How much damage can he go before he goes to prison and who takes over after?

it's been sounding like he might immediately start a war in his next term, or at least another intifada, which will be his excuse for why he can't go to prison

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it just shows that liberal capitalism can easily coexist with genocidal fascism with no real contradictions, a real vision for the future

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

posting itt to say death to america and death to israel

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anybody who posted in this thread three years ago should click on the ? button and check their post history to see how many posts they remade in the last week.

i did this and it ruined my day, nothing has changed

the bitcoin of weed posted:

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

How much damage can he go before he goes to prison and who takes over after?
it's been sounding like he [Netanyahu] might immediately start a war in his next term, or at least another intifada, which will be his excuse for why he can't go to prison

amazing how obvious this still continues to be

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If they can't get the bill passed so they can elect a prime minister directly, then they'll have to go into a 5th round of elections to see if Netanyahu stays in office. Which he probably will.

They've been investigating this dude for corruption for at least 3 years now and somehow he's still the head of government

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jimong5 posted:

This is always the thing that bothers me the most about how "the Arabs kicked the Jews out", like they realize Islam came from Judaism and it stands to reason that proto Muslims were Jewish, right? Muslims didn't just crawl out of a hole somewhere.

Settlers seem to think all historical warfare follows what they know, which is moving in and killing everyone and removing the old population someplace else so the invaders can pretend they're adventurers taming a wild frontier, rather than different nobility coming in to exact tribute and taxes and conscripts but otherwise mostly leaving the same people in place. The basic assumption is that when the arabic invasions happened the entire population of Syria Palestina or whatever the romans called it fled to Europe forever, I guess?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

regarding the resistance group hamas, you absolutely do gotta hand it to them

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Calling the Gazan resistance brigades a "rag tag militia" is seriously selling them short. They have decades of experience in urban guerilla fighting, sophisticated weapons, serious military training. Do they have the material capabilities of the IDF? Not even close, but they're definitely a cut way above some regular slobs who were given assault rifles and pointed in the right direction.

case in point: the IDF tried going into gaza with helicopters and got shot at with anti-aircraft weaponry, which is not something a fighting force has access to unless they're very well organized

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

wish i could read this but the site is completely unreachable haha

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I hope that fat rear end in a top hat from the viral house thief video is feeling unsafe right now

i think that guy was in Jerusalem and idk if anything has happened there yet

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

there's no defense system in existence against massed rocket barrages. iron dome will shoot down maybe 10% of those maybe less and since it does this by firing its own rockets will probably friendly fire in the process like the ukrainians that shot their own apartment tower with an interceptor missile

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

seeing all the weak colonizer bullshit every american politician is peddling in response to this really makes me hate this stupid country :d2a:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

last time the IDF tried to walk into gaza they got rinsed. the IDF has terrible morale and very few of them are willing to die for this bullshit project, it's all fun and games when you're shooting teenagers armed with rocks but a whole different experience going up against a motivated enemy fighting for national liberation. lots of parallels to the tet offensive here

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lol i wonder if the israel/saudi deal is gonna tank from this

given the timing that very well might be one of the political objectives for hamas

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

I'm in one of those "I've waited too long and now I'm afraid to ask" situations. Can someone explain why exactly the US is so far up the rear end of Israel and defends and supports all their bullshit so uniformly and in lockstep? I have my theories and things I've heard but none of it seems to add up to the sheer brick wall of support for Israel from the US government.

israel is a breakaway white supremacist settler state in land the europeans would very much like to be in control of, in the same way the united states was for north america

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Death By The Blues posted:

A clip meant for the next Adam Curtis documentary footage from the rave/music festival where you can see the Hamas paragliders in the distance before they attacked

https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/status/1710841364710064445

Korean Boomhauer posted:

im at the combination music festival and war zone

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

hamas put out a statement "we're not afraid of that aircraft carrier"

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711072459863040053?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

what are they even gonna do with it, start bombing settlements? israel has plenty of planes already and they're specifically only bombing gaza

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

smarxist posted:

free al saqr, actually, promote him to admin for the duration of the third intifada, thank you.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Popy posted:

i need these globe emoji losers to make up their mind on who is behind the hamas attack russia or iran

i think they've settled on iran op https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/iran-israel-hamas-strike-planning-bbe07b25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i can't stop thinking about the apartheid rave