Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Nix Panicus posted:

Iran demonstrated that even with advanced warning and full regional support Israel cannot protect its military assets from attack using a fraction of Iran's weapons.

The myth of Israeli invincibility has been shattered. They're vulnerable and everyone knows it now. Thats a hell of a thing

Iran put out over a hundred ballistic missiles against the unknown capabilities of the Arrow II/III; Iranian strategic planners were evidently expecting a penetrative saturation attack and this did not pan out. More to the point, it had never even been in question by any side that an actual maximum effort BM attack by Iran would be devastating - but with the performance of Arrow here that's not so much now, which if anything only emboldens the Israelis.

But this is all moot because Iran knows the Israeli response to a maximum effort attack would include a nuclear barrage. Nobody's looking to shatter that "myth".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Leandros posted:

They could also have shot exactly the amount they needed to display their ability to penetrate Israeli AD, without raining death. We don't know.

Well Iran knows how much they need for sure now, if Israel decides they want to keep this farce of a tit for tat going in hopes of roping the US in.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Flournival Dixon posted:

Netanyahu has very little to do with any of this in any meaningful way, basically every opinion poll ever done in Israel shows like 95% of the population thinks Palestinians are subhumans who should be exterminated. Netanyahu's only real purpose is to be the face of the current government, he's not making any decisions that anyone else in power in Israel wouldn't make.

Not that it makes a moral difference, but Netanyahu's got such an exemplary record at playing the game I wonder if he's even genuinely ideologically motivated or if it's pure psychopathy.

But don't make the mistake of discounting him as a pure figurehead seeing as he effectively had Rabin assassinated in '95, which paved the way to the current Israeli political landscape.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

lol does he?

Motherfucker is not only out of jail but still in power, isn't he? That's 20+ years of zionists unable to find anyone more emblematic of their creed to band around.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Flournival Dixon posted:

I guess that's fair but it's hard for me to imagine a way that Israeli politics turns out that isn't something like this, I dunno how else a settler colonial apartheid state is going to shake out when it's empire declines and fails and loses interest and capability of doing the heavy lifting and oppression work. I once saw a guy say that the Butcher of Baghdad was actually going to be the guy who ended Israeili apartheid and genocide if only he didn't have a stroke or whatever it was that happened to him and I just dunno if that's how it woulda gone.

Sharon was probably the last chance for peace and it was all because he was afraid of Israel ending up multicultural like South Africa, so he genuinely pushed for a working two state solution to safeguard the ethnostate dream up until karma got him.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Don't get me wrong, under no circumstances should you "gotta hand it to" Ariel loving Sharon.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Weka posted:

Please post the evidence of Hamas targeting civilians on Oct 7

You're right, I was wrong to generalize when I said Hamas on those posts 6 months ago since there are multiple Gaza militant factions and it'd be unrealistic to expect good discipline in all of them.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Joe said he personally saw every dead baby head so maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Rip Testes posted:

Will the US, UK Jordan and Saudi Arabi help intercept the Israeli strike inbound for Iran to limit damage and subsequent escalation?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1780360447494967376

The mighty suzerain isn't even being told what the vassal plans.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

gently caress israel.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

shirunei posted:

:toxx:

Iran does not have nukes.

They should.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Pink Mist posted:

why does israel want america involved directly, it seems like they’re crushing palestine just fine anyway

They want to minimize precious ashkenazi casualties, and can't do that if they've got to watch out for Hizbollah/Iran jumping in if they step too hard on the genocide pedal.

Plus direct American intervention further legitimizes/obfuscates their actions.

VoicesCanBe posted:

Because they're losing in Gaza

Yes, they are causing genocidal destruction and killing tens of thousands of Palestinians, but they are also completely failing at degrading Hamas' military capabilities.

Also yeah they can't hope to destroy the ability to operate of a disaggregated group with protected leadership split across 3 different nations. The best they can hope for without a regional war (really, even with a regional war) is occupy and genocide Palestinian territory.

Conspiratiorist has issued a correction as of 03:59 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

AnEdgelord posted:

just as I wouldn't trust the western interception rate from iran's attack I would take everything iran says about intercepting this attack with a grain of salt as well, its simply in the interest of the attacked party to overplay how good their defenses are if for no other reason than to assuage public fears

There's the diplomatic off-ramp of Israel saying "we hit them back" and Iran saying "didn't even feel it."