Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Terrorist": there's that word again. One man's "terrorism" is another man's fight against oppression and Apartheid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

100% supportive of Palestinians. gently caress Israel. If your "right to exist" depends on the occupation and oppression of another class of people, then...I dunno. Maybe your ugly little apartheid state shouldn't exist.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Oct 8, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Honky Mao posted:

Wait. Is this true

It's what I heard people whispering in the liberal coffee shop I visited earlier.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The ruling class can't seem to decide who the designated evil enemy should be. They were trying to drum up distrust and hatred of China because of the scary social media app; that didn't work, so I guess they decided to settle on Iran.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Oct 8, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Activate Klobuchar? What is she, one of the Final Five?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's insane to me that Israeli military leaders can openly talk about their opponents as "animals" they're going to starve, and yet all the blame for war crimes and death goes to the Palestinian """terrorists""".

On a good day the corporate media sucks poo poo. When it comes to Israel is openly genocidal.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Very much like Ukraine, none of the superpowers give a gently caress about the civilians on the ground; it's all about maintaining our ugly little empire and sticking it to our perceived enemies.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The "high ground":

Substitute "Black Lives Matter" with "Hamas".

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hedges is almost always good on these issues, at least as far as I've ever seen. I'd trust his or Richard Wolff's analysis over any other corporate media mouthpiece.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 16:08 on Oct 9, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Make yourself feel better, Summers: go be wrong about some economic indicators.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Palestinian Lives Matter.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Beeftweeter posted:

it is absolutely disgusting but not particularly surprising

i guess one bright spot is that everyone i've talked to about this irl so far has been surprisingly anti-israel and have been also extremely disgusted by the dehumanizing jingoistic coverage

Same. I - thankfully - have not heard anything about Israel from my friends and family, pro or con. It's setting up an interesting dynamic where the only people who really care are Zionists, evangelicals and establishment politicians of both parties.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Glad to see Tux the Penguin on the right side here.

Zodium posted:

swelling with patriotic fervor :denmark:

:yeah:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Dunno...imperial propaganda being almost immediately debunked like that seems significant to me, but I'm probably not cynical enough.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I hope this buffoon blows aid to both countries, though I'm far less opposed to aiding Ukraine than I am Israel.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Grem posted:

It makes no sense. 100% of the countries we support are transactional, we give x to get y. Except Israel. We've proven we can install friendly Islamic leaders, what the gently caress is the purpose in supporting Israel now?

To evangelicals, bringing about the promised apocalypse.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Israel has the right to defend itself!" I yell increasingly louder over news reports of Israel's human rights abuses towards Palestinians.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

About the most milquetoast statement Markey could have made and it still wasn't enough for these psychos. gently caress Israel and Jake Auch, whoever the hell he is. And AOC too, while we're at it. Imagine being such a careerist loser that Nancy Pelosi reduces you to tears.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Lord of Pie posted:

Auchincloss is both a spook and Kennedy-adjacent, sort of a succ singularity

They had to parachute him in there after ol' wet lips tried to primary Markey and bit it

Oh yeah....I forgot all about that. If it comes from the dem establishment, it's gotta be succ.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/asadabukhalil/status/1711781727298019756?s=20

I completely forgot that Hezbollah in their first two years managed not only to blast 350 american troops in one go they also found, captured, and tortured the station head of the CIA in lebanon.

Good.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Unconfirmed reports that Hamas shot a baby in Reno just to watch it die.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Those were Borg babies Hamas killed to save themselves from assimilation.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

boo boo bear posted:

https://twitter.com/BenGoldsmith/status/1711481684544127182

there should be some sort of award for achieving this level of excellence in shitposting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrxPpjBASPA&t=38s

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Gaylor Moon posted:

annnnnnd I just lost a friend (that converted to Judaism just recently) that I've had for 10+ for not supporting Israel. Ugh. This sucks. :smithcloud:

She literally tried to tout the the r*pe and beheaded baby poo poo at me. I sent her the story saying that the baby beheadings hasn't even been confirmed; sent a clip of Palestine territory\land getting smaller and smaller and smaller but she just up and blocked me.

Admittedly; I don't know much about this conflict, and have been trying to learn and read up like crazy. I'm sure there's the "two sides to this" bullshit propaganda.... but... legit most "intelligent" people friends I describe as comrades have not a single good thing to say about Israel and their reign of terror over the years.

Israel's cause is so unimpeachably just and good that they can't handle anyone questioning the wisdom of their genocidal actions, a true mark of being the 'good guys'.

e: I don't mean to seem callous about losing a friend. A lot of my family friends are pretty conservative religious people, and I've been lucky enough not to have to hear their infuriating Israel opinions on social media....yet. Losing friends always sucks.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Oct 10, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/thesiriusreport/status/1711763978840416544
https://twitter.com/thesiriusreport/status/1711770016058605817

egypt giving no fucks just going to truck in food, water, medicine and other aid through their border

It does seem like this is really exposing both Israel and the US empire as paper tigers, and that a lot fewer people give a gently caress about Israel this time around aside from psycho politicians and bloodthirsty press people. I'm not familiar enough with the history of Israel's conflicts to know for sure, though.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Starsfan posted:

Media people always complain about increasing hostility from the public and how nobody believes the media anymore when the product they produce is a pipeline of raw sewage directly into your house 365 days a year

Trump was right about the media.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

How antisemitic.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

more Democrats condemning the pro-Palestine rally in NYC
https://twitter.com/RepBowman/status/1711801731124703423

There has not yet been any condemnation of the counter-rally that demanded the death of all Gazans

"Shocked and disgusted!" Bowman's monocle pops off of his eye.

Setting aside the apologism for genocide, I don't know what it is about these freaks that they all talk like Victorian era fops collapsing on their fainting couches.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I hope Biden gets kicked out on his "kishkes" in November 2024.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hilario Baldness posted:

If it hasn't happened already, Tlaib will have probably receive death threats by the end of the week, she'll be asked to resign by Democratic leadership

It will be seen as her fault, she's "too controversial" and will be blamed for the death threats she received. That's 100% how I expect for this to go.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Clip-On Fedora posted:

To me, the fact that no token opposition whatsoever is being allowed in the west, and that several governments have already started threatening jail time for anyone with Pro-Palestine sentiments seems to be a sign that things are going really, really bad for Israel.

It certainly shows the righteousness of the Israeli cause that they would have to crack down so hard on anyone who dares go against state propaganda.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Terrorist" attack. Bernie sucks.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

The banning of al-Saqr fits into a trend we are seeing in Western media today

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1712137753469796700

Tlaib is still receiving criticism for refusing to condemn the alleged beheading of 40 Israeli babies. Right wingers are demanding her deportation or exile.

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1712139535176372683

Head of the Labor Party in the UK affirms Israel's right to collectively punish the people of Gaza

https://twitter.com/SanaSaeed/status/1712073791847739658

Discussions in the Canadian media of criminalizing Palestinian solidarity

There was also something about cracking down on pro-Palestinian demonstrations and rhetoric on college campuses, which bodes well for the pro-Israel effort, of course.

e: Also nthing the very simple idea that if you're from another part of the forum and don't like the content of this thread....just don't read it. Close the tab, go about your day. Is that really so hard?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nonsense posted:

Israel is going to get away with all of this, oh well

I don't think there's anything Israel could do to not get away with it, honestly.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Al! posted:

you could literally have shown joe anything. a picture of pumpkins, some loose string, a very much alive baby, and then later on tell him what he saw and he'll act like he remembers. its a great prank we do it with drone strike targets all the time

Pictures of his dead family...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This conflict is bringing all the motherfuckers out of the woodwork:

https://www.politico.eu/article/henry-kissinger-germany-let-in-way-too-many-foreigners/

A ghoul party. Appropriate that this is happening in October.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Clearly those beheaded babies had information leading to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

e: The worst censorship is self censorship when you're too afraid for your job to take a strong public stance against apartheid.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 02:18 on Oct 12, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

gently caress you. "Terrorism" it is, then. Free Al-Saqr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Spaced God posted:

They don't need to get killed every professor at Harvard business was calling for these people's names so they can be blacklisted. They'll live their life poor and unaffiliated to Harvard which is a fate worse than death for these people

Right. People have been saying "this is October 2001" or "this is 2003" all over again, and in some ways that's definitely true. But it's probably going to be another Red Scare where anyone who stands up against the consensus on Israel will be blacklisted for being """antisemitic""".