Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the ds9 episode waltz but it's an israeli guy gradually going insane about the palestinians

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This poo poo thinking is called Realpolitik and is how the Middle East got trapped in the poo poo scenario it is in today.

Britian and America didn't want the Ottoman empire taking over, so they supported violent fundamentalist tribesmen who went on to found the nation of Saudi Arabia, which treats women, homosexuals, atheists, and other "blasphemers" much the same way Israel is treating Palestinians, except with more bloodshed.

But America and Britian didn't actually like Fundamentalists, they just knew that the Ottomen would've done far worse if they didn't stop them.

America also didn't want Iran gaining too much influence over the Middle East, so they supported their own "leftist" party in the form of the Ba'athists of Iraq against Iran, unsurprisingly that weird guy who ran Iraq went on to use the chemical weapons America gave him on his own citizens. And then America killed him because they don't like other people playing with their toys. His name was Saddam Hussein.

But America never thought Saddam was good. They just knew that the Iram was capable of causing more harm to the middle east, with their children strapped to dynamite, than people who also strapped children to dynamite did.

But he probably wouldn't have been blessed with the power of chemical weaponry in the first place, if it wasn't for the fact that just a few decades before, Iran had this weird guy named Mohammad Mosaddegh, who had the daring idea to nationalize his countries rich supply of Oil. America and Britian didn't want that. So they gave weapons to The Shah and some local Islamic Fundamentalists who forced him to live the rest of his life in prison.

But America and Britian didn't think that The Shah was good, or even fundamentalists, they just knew that an old man doing something that would objectively benefit his countries lives would cause more harm to his country than a dictator who would imprison people just for disagreeing with him.

Iran's leftists weren't happy about this, so they sided with fundamentalists who overthrew the government, who then used the power vacuum to declare themselves the rulers, and turned it into a country where sexism ran rampant, education was poor, and the supreme leader could impose death penalties (with very weak foundations within Islam itself) on people living outside of the country just for writing books he didn't like.

But the leftists didn't knew this would happen before hand, they just "knew" that fundamentalists wouldn't cause as much pain as the Shah.

Just like how Great Britian gave pardons to Italian fascists to prevent Communists from gaining major power in Italy after WW2, leading to the Years Of Lead, which saw neofascists and anarchists killing people in the streets. Just like how America giving pardons to Japanese war criminals lead to racism and unfettered capitalism remaining popular in Japan to the point of declining birth rates. Just like how stalin "befriending" hitler lead to the later betraying the other. Just like how Churchill and Mcarthur allying with him lead to Britian and America's idiotic decisions during the Cold War. Just like Russian leftists siding with the Bolsheviks lead to the violent Third Russian Revolution, which saw many killed and the rise of the idology of Tankism. Just like how Leon Trotsky siding with stalin lead to him getting stabbed in the head with a pickaxe.

Just like how Jewish people who thought they could avoid getting killed by the nazis by yelling at and beating slaves, ended up being known as Kapo, and were just as likely to be gased for looking at a superior wrong as the ones they betrayed.

No. Supporting Hamas and the other idiotic groups who give Palestinians and Arabs a bad name is an vile idea, even if we have "good intentions" behind it. It'll just lead to the same exact discussions we're having here, a few couple decades from now, but with Palestinians swapped out for "Homosexuals" or "Jews" or "Feminists" or whatever.

Ironically, the fact that people seem to think that supporting Hamas is the ONLY option for opposing Israel's violent genocide is proof of the Government's propaganda working. Why can't we support the dozens of leftists, activists, and actual loving Palestinians, who very much DO NOT like the Genocide going on, without supporting an violent miltary group like Hamas?

Like, I doubt any of the homosexuals who live in Gaza are treated very well by either party. What makes you think supporting the ones who want to kill them for their sexuality rather than their nationality is what they'd prefer?

Yet, we pretend to act like Hamas' solution won't just be putting out a fire with flame throwers, but also, that it is the only option. Almost like the Israeli government wants us to believe that the only people who oppose them are insane militant brown people. We know they're wrong, yet we constantly fail to support the people that'd prove them such.

It's banal.

Support the Ctizens, not the Authority. Otherwise we'd be causing the stupid circle of bullshit to continue. No more.

he is truly one of the stupidest posters on the forums. otoh his probe for making 30 posts in 30 minutes about starfield is very funny.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

TheNamedSavior posted:

You unironically support putin.

you are truly one of the stupidest posters on the forums

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

SplitSoul posted:

He gave me a 12'er for backseat modding for saying "Don't everyone speak all at once" when he announced they wanted an IK for the Scandithread and then nobody posted for nine straight days. :lol:

hahaha gently caress

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Vote independent. None of the current ruling parties in Israel support ending the Genocide, there's no point. An workers revolt over the entire country would do more towards saving the Palestinians than voting for some rich jackass would.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

quentin tarantinowicz

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

that is an excellent use of $8

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

this guy rocks but im still gonna root against england

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

looking at that gif and noticing for the first time that your approval rating after nuking israel remains at 3%. glad to know there are still at least 10 million cool americans.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i googled the motherfucker who wrote this and he doesnt even live in israel lmao. california!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i say swears online posted:

gently caress man i definitely would have guessed english as a second language because i was correcting typos while going through it with stuff to bold

i just found saw a video of him talking and he has an american accent, like he sounds as fluent in english as i do just from talking. maybe he wrote that op-ed in hebrew and they just machine translated it into english.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yup

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im going to destroy israel

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thats a big mistake, he needs to fire minister goofus

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

every so often i remember that netanyahu went to high school in philadelphia

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

israel is a bad land

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

elaborate on that

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

exceedingly grim news out of gaza the last few days

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cuck university of new york

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

unfortunately so does the judiciary, just slightly less

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lmao jesus

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

war is bad and, consequently, israel should surrender

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

john shitterman

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thechosenone posted:

Does anyone think iran and other relevant countries will let the Taliban come in to help? I feel like it would be the best case scenario for Palestine, but is it even realistic at all?

what in tarnation

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

FlapYoJacks posted:

I hope Palestine conquers Israel and steps on their neck for 100 years just as they have done to the Palestinians.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

do not post poo poo like this itt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

repeating my call for the idf to peacefully surrender and end this awful war

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

err posted:

People in this forum told me she was antiwar

only an extremely stupid person could believe this

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

also lol at teh thread title

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Nix Panicus posted:

I endorse the current title except for calling Hamas a terrorist group. They are Freedom Fighters and should be referred to as such

on the other hand

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

theres going to be a lot of people "hatereading" this thread and postint screenshots of the "unhinged cspammers" into their discords tomorrow :D :D

i disapprove of what they post but i will defend to the death their right to post it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

praying for a peaceful outcome to this war (israel surrenders)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thinking about in world war z how the israeli government invited all the palestinians into israel to save them from the zombies for some reason lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

genericnick posted:

Didn't Israel end up with a ton of covid vaccines they couldn't get anyone to take while the Palestinians had none? I can only assume they handed them over in a gesture of goodwill. Not looking into this further.

that they didnt give away those vaccines should be enough proof that the shot works and isnt a secret sterility plague lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bullet-involved wounding

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

in my headcanon the idf has surrendered and peace has returned to palestine

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

qasem soleimani is smiling at me, occupier. can you say the same?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Echo Chamber posted:

shared on instagram, not twitter

shes right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

norman finkelstein ftw