Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
The discourse in my city's discord is ... not good

quote:

This is a conflict that’s been going on for over 50 years. Palestine is in deep poo poo because of their own leaders who are so corrupt, they have stolen millions and millions of dollars over the years that was supposed to be for aid for their own people who are actually starving. They consistently deny people from entering Israel for medical aid despite Israel being willing to receive them. I could give you a dozen examples right now, but I’m simply too exhausted. The media reports the extremism, and even that is it’s often wrong, and it’s always sensationalized. I get my news from sources in Israel directly, from unbiassed journalists. The sources that (another user posted amnesity international and human rights watch as sources) mentioned above ARE biased, as is the UN, who continually bring resolutions against Israel but none against Iran, China, North Korea, etc. I guess it also helps (hinders?) that I lived there for eight years a long time ago. I’ve always leaned hard to the left in terms of wanting to live in peace, as most people do. Israel has given up so much land in exchange for peace and it never happened. Israel withdrew from Gaza decades ago, and trying to protect itself from rockets being launched from there, yet why does the world still think that Israel is occupying it? Gaza is launching rockets, Israel is using the iron Dome… Of course the Rockets are exploding. The media lies. The fact that they would literally use their own people as collateral to prove a point. For martyrdom. suicide bombers families get a stipend for life, so it literally pays for them to blow themselves up. That money comes directly from US aid that is supposed to go towards infrastructure. Did you know that they celebrate in the streets after the bombing? They hand out candy and sing and dance to celebrate the death of Jews?

Now, we can talk about what’s going on right now is sheer loving chaos, with literal hand to hand combat going on between Arabs and Jews all over the country… Jewish mobs and cops (Israeli version of American racist cops) breaking into Palestinian homes… Palestinian mobs beating up Jews in a synagogues, rockets being launched on Israelis homes (not in the Territories, in Israel proper)… My heart is breaking, I can barely be on social media. Please remember these are extremists, and the rest of Israel and Palestine are sitting huddled in their safe rooms holding their children weeping in fear.

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 19:20 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
IGN deleted its pro Palestine tweet. LOL

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Jel Shaker posted:

and they deleted the donate page! oh dear

Apparently they might be re posting with "more precise language". We shall see.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

here is the text

cucked IGN employees posted:

To the management of J2 Global and Ziff Davis, and the corporate leadership of IGN:
We, the undersigned employees of IGN, are appalled by the recent management decision to subvert our editorial autonomy and remove our post directing aid to the Palestinian civilians currently suffering a humanitarian crisis in Gaza, the West Bank, and Jerusalem.
In our original post, we offered our readers ways to support charities that help injured and sick children, supply educational resources and food assistance to victims, and provide emergency medical relief for those wounded or displaced by the conflict. We feel these efforts should not be controversial. All humans deserve access to these basic rights, and it is important for those with means to offer aid in times of humanitarian crisis.
Our original post was shared by thousands of people, and because of IGN’s size and reach, we were able to serve as a leader for much of the rest of the industry to also help support those whose lives are torn apart by this conflict. We were proud to be part of a team at a site that was able and willing to offer this level of visibility to such critical humanitarian support efforts.
This decision to take down the post was made a day and a half after it was published. The takedown took place in the early hours of the morning on a weekend with no communication to its initial authors, the general IGN staff, or to the public as to why it happened. IGN’s editorial team has guidelines about updating content deemed needful of changes, something that we’ve done multiple times in the past — but wholesale removal of pieces without posting an explanatory statement is expressly against our usual policy.
Finally, more than twelve hours after the issue was first flagged to the broader team in our internal Slack, our staff received a late-night email from IGN leadership (well after reasonable working hours for the IGN Global team) with the same statement that was to be published publicly on the IGN Twitter account an hour later. There was no indication in the initial email that it would also serve as our official statement on the matter.
While we are glad to see a sizeable donation being made to Save the Children, we feel the decision to remove the original article and social posts, as well as the subsequent statement from management, is not only actively harmful to IGN’s public reputation and its employees, but also highly disrespectful to much of its content team and broader staff. The statement inaccurately ascribes the retraction to those “across IGN” rather than to the members of our upper management team who made the decision, giving a public impression that the decision was made by the editorial staff, despite this being a choice we did not make collectively and which many of us do not agree with.
Following an IGN-wide meeting this morning, we have come to understand that this was a clear instance of corporate overreach and demonstrated blatant disregard for the most basic standards of journalistic integrity and editorial independence. The business interests of a publication’s ownership and its editorial staff should stay separate at all times.
Importantly, we feel the latest statement dangerously turns what was a matter of supporting innocent civilians facing a humanitarian crisis into a harmful case of “both sides”-ism. Helping children and civilians harmed by the horrors of war should be uncontroversial no matter who the two sides are, and is in keeping with IGN’s ongoing efforts to highlight causes that are important to our team — such as our support for Black Lives Matter last year and our more recent celebration of AAPI Heritage Month and joining the call to end AAPI hate. The victims here deserve the same support.
We recognize the concerns expressed by upper management, but are nonetheless gravely disappointed by the lack of respect shown to our content team and broader staff in this matter, and expect our leaders to take responsibility for their decisions.
We, the undersigned, are calling for an all-hands meeting that includes IGN upper management and anyone at J2 Global or Ziff Davis who had a hand in the decision, by the end of the week, in which we would like full transparency about the reasoning and process behind the post’s removal. We ask that the management body responsible for the decision accept that responsibility publicly. We ask that management recognize IGN’s editorial authority and autonomy with regards to what it publishes, regardless of whether that work is news, reviews, features, guides, video content, or promotion of initiatives our staff feels are important, such as issue awareness or charitable support. While we want to make sure all voices on our team — IGN management included — feel able to weigh in on what we say as a site and how we say it, we are adamant that corporate leadership does not get the final word in editorial decisions.
Finally, we ask that management work with our staff to re-publish the piece. We are open to doing this through a process that incorporates management feedback and concerns about how its content is perceived, but we firmly believe that we must be allowed to advocate for humanitarian causes freely across all our channels.
We are a team of creators who love what we do and take pride in our work, which has previously enjoyed the support of — and freedom of unnecessary interference from — our parent companies. We would like that relationship to continue to be a positive one. It is our hope that management recognizes its errors this past weekend and is willing to work with us to ensure that IGN can continue to stand as a trusted publication, unconstrained by interference from corporate interests, and able to freely inform its audience about opportunities to support important and meaningful causes around the world.
Sincerely,
bunch o names

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Haw haw, this IGN poo poo got legs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide..._source=twitter

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

LOL literally went to protected status like 2 minutes ago.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1395506759435915265?s=20

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Radirot posted:

is this the end for Netanyahu?

No

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Americans will forget this like they forgot that Trump was the president.

Rest of the world might might dogpile a bit quicker next time

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
I thought the point of continual surprise on just how dogshit the NYT is was over.

They suck.

They always have sucked.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
And they flame out so hard because they know that deep down they are bad people.

It all makes sense.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
White Phosphorus - Iron Dome your powers are dwindling, should I bring forth a small Palestinian child?

Iron Dome - No WP I can sense a family being kicked out of their house that they owned for generations now, it will be enough.

White Phosphorus - uhh.... I already crushed a daycare.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
J.J. McCullough is a piece of poo poo.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

She's Jewish?!?!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

smarxist posted:

Lindsey Graham is basically a prostitute

Those ladybugs need to eat, how dare you.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Ah gently caress shes a gelfing

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

etalian posted:

Israel wants to be the world depicted in hit film Starship Troopers, like how in the dystopian future everyone speaks good American.

"Im from Tel Aviv and I say kill 'em all!"

"yes yes, we know"

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Jun 2, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Is that bad?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Surely the UN will take Bibi's declaration of war and use that to hold him to account for any war crimes committed.

Those leaders that espoused rules based international order will get their time to shine!

Well better sleep soundly knowing all is right with the world. Good night thread.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Down to gently caress? what the gently caress exxon

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

toggle posted:

yeh how is gal going?

Posting pictures of kidnapped people and sharing #bringthemback.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Keep getting the youtube block thing so I unblocked it for like 20 seconds to see what they'd serve me.

IDF ads.

This feels like a Verhoven pastiche of genocide fomenting.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Just use the ublock cheat to erase his existence from your browsing experience.

Doesnt work for the apps but hey.

Also he should get better bits if he doesn't want that poo poo to happen to him. gently caress his stupid poo poo.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

RandomBlue posted:

AJ reporting it was one of the heaviest nights of bombardment so far with dozens of airstrikes. Source is I just watched it on AJ's live channel on youtube.

Don't worry it'll stop for 5 hours.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

the most ethical man on earth

Either way the children are hosed.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Lpzie posted:

we're entering Hitler 2

Hitler as well

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
I just think Israel would never shut the gently caress up about it if Hamas had missiles capable of killing 500 people

:shrug:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Sancho Banana posted:

So now they're not even saying it was a rocket, but DEBRIS from a rocket that exploded in mid-air? And then landed, presumably through a window, INSIDE the hospital and hit some conveniently placed stash of explosives and ammunition and blew them up, and that caused a strong enough blast to demolish the building in one, big, singular explosion with no secondaries? Am I getting it all right?

Rube Goldberg was Jewish.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Busy Bee posted:

This thread moves quickly so not sure it was already discussed but didn't Seymour Hersh release an article recently talking about how Israel is going to use a JDAM soon to penetrate deep into the ground and that it will be a significant explosion?

I only recall him saying a MOAB.

But could be wrong

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
I wonder if that raver girl was there....

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I dont think ive ever seen a forum with less critical thinking than dnd

I used to think they were out of place on a comedy website. I am happy to say I was wrong.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
weird how that cruise missile thing just kinda blew over.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Al! posted:

make Threads a documentary

Many people are saying this

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
The pro-zionists constantly mentioning rape is very weird.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
You think Biden and the white house will be telling everyone the status of those 4 trucks they told everyone about that was such a huge win for them.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Unhinged Zionists on twitter are just posting torture video clips and calling people retards a when losing the argument.

Really winning the hearts and minds.

Aint no Hamas ever call me a retard

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret

Death By The Blues posted:

Now the US is telling their citizens not to go to Iraq

Vacation cancelled

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
We got a form letter at work to eat and sleep better if we are impacted by "current events".

Better than the alternative I guess.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
Can't believe they are recycling the terror tunnels/compounds, they're just so loving lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wedge Regret
LOL a 2 state solution after this.