Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tom Guycot posted:

I have a loose theory in my head about why the propaganda seems to be kind of falling flat compared to the effort put into it. Everyone always says people are super easy to manipulate, and they can be, but I also think people have an incredible instinctual impulse to read people really really well, and people also seem to have an incredibly strong instinctual revulsion to crocodile tears and whining for attention. People seem to just grind thier teeth on some deep level at emotional manipulation on an individual basis, and it feels like anyone seeing the talking heads pounding on thier message just give off a huge whiff of bitch made losers doing emotional manipulative whining that people can just sense.
I do think that the way people act online still doesn't translate 1-to-1 to real life. People have a natural aversion to people who just pout and complain all the time. I also think that maybe people are weary of the "I'm the most miserable, wretched, oppressed uwu smol bean in the world, you're not allowed to get mad at me" act, after years of seeing it from every party to every imaginable controversy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hello, my Bibi,
Hello, my galbi,
Hello, my ragtime TzaHal

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Who's posting for Israel? Did they hire people who were rejected from TPUSA, or people who were rejected from Clinton's presidential campaign?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Father Wendigo posted:

BREAKING: Entire tank battalion destroyed after truckload of delivery pizzas revealed to be anti-tank mines in pizza boxes, delivery driver a Hamas agent in a Dominos uniform.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
They can have Poland and Hungary, for a start.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
hosed up that people keep saying the fighters' Adidas tracksuits are knockoffs

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Some time over a decade ago, I heard some Israeli on NPR saying "We also have a claim to that land, it's called the Bible." I thought that was extremely bad and sounded totally crazy and yeah I'm an anti-Zionist.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's a pop culture myth because it sounds right enough to anyone who doesn't know better, and it allows them to just say "it's complicated/religion" and stop having to think about it
Yeah, that's my read. We can look at a bunch of nations and peoples whose modern history is defined by imperialism, and say "Oh those savages have been murdering each other over their silly superstitions for thousands of years, not our problem, nothing we can do."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
We have unconfirmed reports that Hamas has assassinated Lt. Col. Accurate Rifleman.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
https://x.com/BenSaloff31554/status/1640915307790233600?s=20

Is this Krav Maga?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Beth-El no

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
There's no reason for the people who run US news networks and newspapers of record to find solidarity with foreign journalists, because they're not journalists

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

tristeham posted:

Robespierre was right
Yes. He was the guy saying that all these conspiracies are bullshit and no, we should not invade Austria

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I agree with whoever said that they know their propaganda is ridiculous, and the goal is get everyone consumed with debunking every stupid little lie instead of looking at the big picture.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Lord of Pie posted:

These dumb motherfuckers can't even do a copypasta right
Let's not lose focus here: his manicure is excellent

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

lmao no he wasnt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ZJn0cTASo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Do you have a little humanity in you? Would you like some?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

paul_soccer12 posted:

in the canadian civil war my grandfather noscoped himself in the back of the head with a record 40,000 km shot. he was posthumously awarded the medal of truth
The bullet actually traveled backwards in time because of the international date line, brother.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Yeah, while everyone's wondering why their government supports evil things, let's bring up Dutroux. And whoever the Brabant killers were, I'm sure they had mothers...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

RC Cola posted:

If every single Palestinian was killed or forced into the desert they would just move the goal post and talk about how it needed to be done. Just some nice 10,000 paragraph essays about why genocide is good actually from the calmest of Hitlers
That's the plan.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Oregon Trail doesn't give you enough characters for Dangerous Sniper

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I like how the other thread has gone from "Is Israel deliberately targeting civilians" to "Is it ethical to kidnap a baby to stop Israel from killing civilians"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Genocide may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get a free house, so it's impossible to say if it's good or bad.
Elected officials greetings! Oh boy!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

the pimple 19 year olds were all promoted to LtCol out of infantry training, OP. there's no Neuremburg Defense in an army where literally everyone is an NCO/batallion level officer lol
I would actually really love to see some statistics on e.g. what percentage of the IDF is officers, the distribution at different ranks, etc. if anybody knows where to find that stuff.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
https://x.com/MargBarAmerica/status/1732852644052353401?s=20

Whose love is given to Israel
Shall look on Harris' face in hell,
Whilst those whose love is great and wise
May view Refaat in Paradise.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Dixon Chisholm posted:

calling my rabbi to see if i have to circumcise my drat cat... he sees my number and takes a long pull of manischevitz
They make vapes now?!?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Al! posted:

[90s cereal commercial] i GOTTA have my gore

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Karach posted:

Canada itself is an untenable contradiction.
I thought LaRouche was dead?!?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
https://x.com/MSF/status/1735273893042999786?s=20

Has Israel killed any MSF members who aren't Palestinian? I'm wondering what the reaction is going to be if and when, probably when, they kill two dozen doctors from half a dozen developed nations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

i bet the israeli hostages were on their knees surrendering and yelling who they were like that Israeli cop that got wasted the other week
Perhaps, but did they condemn Hamas?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I think she's just genuinely unhinged. Her Substack is just one meltdown after another. The question is who's paying her to do this.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Cis women have ovaries instead of testes, dummy. Their souls are just somewhat smaller.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

FWIW the IDF released some stats earlier this year about 2001 kids , According to which:

For Jewish men:
68% enlist
Out of those, 51% are combatants and 8% become officers

For Jewish women:
55% enlist
Out of those, 12% are combatants and 8% become officers

These also came with various comparisons between different cities/regional councils/local councils and their stats. Here's one for example:

The columns for this table are, from right to left
1. The city's rank (this is a top 10 of "big" cities)
2. The city's name (number 1 is Modi'in, number 10 is Petah Tikva)
3. What percentage of the (male) population in that city enlist
4. How many of them are combatants
5. How many become of them officers
6. The city's overall score based on the previous factors
Thank you for this! It would seem like Israel actually has a less top-heavy force than the US (18% officers) but I'm guessing officers stick around while many of the enlisted won't continue to serve, so...I really have no idea.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
"Die in battle, your dick will finally work" is a hell of a recruiting slogan.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
They should create a system where medals and promotions earned by IDF soldiers go to those ultra-Orthodox guys who don't serve.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol Zionist parents are loving insane. lock them up in asylums until they die
I agree, send them all to Israel

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It's also just funny that a Jewish army getting tummyaches is like a Chapo Trap House joke come to life.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

These guns are not being made for a guy who is under fire, so a magazine is an extra luxury and introduces a bunch of complexity, given their limited access to machining tooling. easier to just have him single load it from ammo he keeps in a pouch or case. They can focus all of their effort on the bolt, the chamber, and the barrel, which is all they technically need. These guys sit and wait for their chance, shoot, and regardless of whether they kill an IDF soldier or not, they need to move because the IDF still has more resources to call in airstrikes or lob tank rounds in his general direction.
I'm also not a gun guy, but aren't these .50 rifles? I don't see why you'd need or want a box mag for that.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I've never understood "The war would be over tomorrow if the other side surrendered" as a propaganda line. Yes, but they're not gonna, so what point are you trying to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
At least they're used to wearing diapers.