Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The man is a loving genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGZEab9P6kk

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/938984454743134208

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/840111496050823172

From what I get I wonder if there will be a multiplayer mode hwere you steal the baby devices from other players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Norman Reedus was wearing the dog tags from the first trailer at the awards show I thought that was neat.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I heard one theory that the baby pods might be tied to player respawns. Which is why the dude threw it to Reedus when he knew he was getting got.

Other ideas:

-Denying (Ala DOTA2) the kill might be a mechanic in order to prevent something with the enemies. Could be simple as just captured allies turn against you like they were zombified, or something else. Which is why the dude killed his friend and tried to kill himself, granted this could also just be thematic "Better to die than deal with the enemy" because they're just that bad.

-"Life" might be treated similar to how "Heat" was used as a resource in the Lost Planet series. The only proof towards that is the "Don't even breath" bit when the invisible dudes are around. They clearly don't "see" the characters, and even though Reedus also says to be quiet, the robots reacting to their presence make plenty of sound that doesn't draw their attention.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kojima is the coolest person in vidoe games

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
kojima is a genuis madman and i could not give less of a poo poo about the possible gameplay

Fungah! posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
its incredibly powerful to not be treated like some idiot baby and being challenged as an audience [literal baby gives me a cooing thumbs up]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

its incredibly powerful to not be treated like some idiot baby and being challenged as an audience [literal baby gives me a cooing thumbs up]

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Expect My Mom posted:

kojima is a genuis madman and i could not give less of a poo poo about the possible gameplay

I do but I also know it will be good because every Kojima game I’ve ever played has excellent gameplay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Death Stranding? Who cares. Metal Gear Survive is mere months away.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MGSV, which is probably the weakest MGS entry, still has masterful gameplay

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Death Stranding is Metal Gear Solid 5

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Death Stranding is Silent Hills

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the motif thats all curled up crabs and human palms grabbing stuff is extremely my poo poo. cant wait to see what it means

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

*remembering that konami killed a kojima-directed silent hill and hosed up the swan song to metal gear solid in the same year*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the motif thats all curled up crabs and human palms grabbing stuff is extremely my poo poo. cant wait to see what it means

the tanks in the second trailer that were made out of human bones and covered with octopi and barnacles were so loving good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope when they finally release this they never show any gameplay in any trailer and then it just comes out

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

In Training posted:

I hope when they finally release this they never show any gameplay in any trailer and then it just comes out

The game will play you.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fungah! posted:

the tanks in the second trailer that were made out of human bones and covered with octopi and barnacles were so loving good

Do you think the soldier that showed up on top of the car and shushed before zooming up was Mass Mikkelson’s character?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

'Twould be epic, I reckon

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
If we accept that the baby pods are tied to the idea of respawning, I wonder why Del Toro was so concerned with the baby he was carrying. Whose consciousness was in that baby?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Do you think the soldier that showed up on top of the car and shushed before zooming up was Mass Mikkelson’s character?

I do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love that they're doing the single take camera again and getting more wild with the possibilities of unedited cutscenes

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

If we accept that the baby pods are tied to the idea of respawning, I wonder why Del Toro was so concerned with the baby he was carrying. Whose consciousness was in that baby?

I don’t accept that. I think they are using the infant as a way to counteract the rapid aging that happens when the monsters show up. The guy trapped is younger and ages to a super old man rapidly.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Im excited for this game. I like not having my hand held and having the information released in piecemeal form, with each release making no loving sense

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Only 1 copy is ever made, and you can play it exclusively, right here at the 2019 Game Awards

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Pablo Gigante posted:

I do but I also know it will be good because every Kojima game I’ve ever played has excellent gameplay
this too. every metal gear game has been cool and fun and i refuse to be cynical about this

Fungah! posted:

*remembering that konami killed a kojima-directed silent hill and hosed up the swan song to metal gear solid in the same year*

when they revealed that junji ito was also working with them on silent hills, i destroyed my monitor

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

100%. also guillermo ws wearing a pin with the Bridges logo that was on the car

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

dude, you should take care of helpless infants no matter what, i shouldnt have to tell you this

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Liquid Drink posted:

I don’t accept that. I think they are using the infant as a way to counteract the rapid aging that happens when the monsters show up. The guy trapped is younger and ages to a super old man rapidly.

That makes sense. If that’s the case, I wonder why the fetus gave a thumbs up. That’s pretty higher conscious for a fetus. Maybe they aren’t human fetuses but some kind of organic technology. That seems pretty Kojima-like.

Also, it could have given a thumbs up because Kojima thought it would be funny to have a baby give a thumbs up. Who knows

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’m wondering what the deal was with the mummy dude with the gold skull face

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
weird that the protags havent thrown that crotchspawn into the crater yet. do we think the baby is maybe a key quest item?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

dude, you should take care of helpless infants no matter what, i shouldnt have to tell you this

Hideo Wokejima

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

when they revealed that junji ito was also working with them on silent hills, i destroyed my monitor

are you fuckin kidding me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think kojima was really ready to do something not mgs lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

weird that the protags havent thrown that crotchspawn into the crater yet. do we think the baby is maybe a key quest item?

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fungah! posted:

are you fuckin kidding me

Nope. He was involved.

• Locked thread