Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Fungah! posted:

are you fuckin kidding me
nope it's true and i cannot believe konami killed this powerful brain trust
https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/...kojima-del-toro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

weird that the protags havent thrown that crotchspawn into the crater yet. do we think the baby is maybe a key quest item?

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

weird that the protags havent thrown that crotchspawn into the crater yet. do we think the baby is maybe a key quest item?

Equipping Agidyne Baby to add fire element to my bullets

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I would be shocked if ito wasn’t involved in death stranding in some way

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the gameplay could be basically anything and i'll buy it day 1 for the visuals

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe it's a pachinko gallery - i'd still play it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the guy stabbing himself in the chest as he floats helplessly towa rds the insane hand-headed leviathan. its so loving good

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

HolePisser1982 posted:

the guy stabbing himself in the chest as he floats helplessly towa rds the insane hand-headed leviathan. its so loving good

Yeah. It’s loving awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

that was ruthless

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Brutal

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

so sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that insane multi-limbed shadow tht goes over reedus while he's in the ocean

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i just love the way mud looks in this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll keep coming

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

The masked figure on top of the vehicle had a pod on him as well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe the bodies that the things consume turn into the Skull Soldiers you saw in the first trailer.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fungah! posted:

that insane multi-limbed shadow tht goes over reedus while he's in the ocean

It was plucking bodies out too.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Another theory about the babies is that they power the suits/flashlight arm things.

Apparently when the one dude throws the baby over to Reedus his robot stops working and when Reedus picks it up his starts working.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in earlier promo stuff for the game someone pointed out that the letters with tendrils spelled out EAT STANDING

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

When I finish death Stranding

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HolePisser1982 posted:

its incredibly powerful to not be treated like some idiot baby and being challenged as an audience [literal baby gives me a cooing thumbs up]

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

I'll keep coming
Sincerely my favorite tagline

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

When I finish death Stranding

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I got significant Lovecraftian horror feels from that trailer. Especially the giant man that turned in to the Moon Presence.

The babies may have something to do with time dilation?

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 8, 2017

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

It was plucking bodies out too.

ah, time to watch the beautiful trailer again. Thank you

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

HolePisser1982 posted:

ah, time to watch the beautiful trailer again. Thank you

Watching this trailer on loop on 500 screens, each with a time offset of .25 seconds so that I scrub through endlessly taking notes without having to pause, running back and forth cross referencing time stamps to finally decode the hidden meaning of the latest trailer till the next one comes out in a year and renders my research invalid.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Crain posted:

I heard one theory that the baby pods might be tied to player respawns. Which is why the dude threw it to Reedus when he knew he was getting got.

Other ideas:

-Denying (Ala DOTA2) the kill might be a mechanic in order to prevent something with the enemies. Could be simple as just captured allies turn against you like they were zombified, or something else. Which is why the dude killed his friend and tried to kill himself, granted this could also just be thematic "Better to die than deal with the enemy" because they're just that bad.

-"Life" might be treated similar to how "Heat" was used as a resource in the Lost Planet series. The only proof towards that is the "Don't even breath" bit when the invisible dudes are around. They clearly don't "see" the characters, and even though Reedus also says to be quiet, the robots reacting to their presence make plenty of sound that doesn't draw their attention.

i think you play as the baby

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

seemed to be an 8 minute long trailer with no gameplay op

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

i think you play as the baby

i hope so

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

seemed to be an 8 minute long trailer with no gameplay op

Topic Locked.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you are the invisible baby from jojos bizarre adventure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

you are the invisible baby from jojos bizarre adventure

And Dark Souls 3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
inside the pod you play as the baby solving match 3 puzzles to supply health drops to the movie people

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

inside the pod you play as the baby solving match 3 puzzles to supply health drops to the movie people

the lootcrate distributor

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

nope it's true and i cannot believe konami killed this powerful brain trust
https://twitter.com/RealGDT/status/...kojima-del-toro
The world is insane. Why would anyone ever stop this from happening. I hate them so much.

It's just crazy in general that the only Junji Ito games were a couple of lovely handheld Uzumaki things for the loving Wonder Swan.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

kojima really is a genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

playing puzzle bobble with blastocysts and stem cells in norman reedus's man womb

• Locked thread