Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
I thought there was only one book in the dune series that's good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Yes, the "Battle of Corrin" by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson all the others belong in the trash

You monster.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

paul_soccer10 posted:

lmao the wiki summary for brian herberts version of the butlerian jihad

so loving lazy and stupid

I stupidly read those books. That's about it

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

SickZip posted:

darksaber was the first book that I ever realized was poorly written. i read literally the entire sci-fi/fantasy section at my library and spent every dollar I could get ahold of on buying more genre fiction and kevin j anderson was the one who wrote a book so awful that it featured lazers and aliens and still couldn't appeal to 13 year old me. he broke me of reading every single star wars and star trek novel that came out

Horus Heresy was my saviour. Around the same time I was also reading actual good literature and I was like, 'this is not hard to read because I am bad at reading, it's just incoherent poo poo!'

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

paul_soccer10 posted:

Brian Herbert is lying about finding his father's notes for the next book
He said it so people would buy his own terrible books

holy poo poo no way dude

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
List of good dune books i've read:

Dune