Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I liked God Emperor the best and my favorite scene was when the immortal worm-man saw an armed insurrection rising up against him, went “gently caress yeah some action” and charged his mobility scooter through a crowd of resistance fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Murray Mantoinette posted:

God Emperor is probably my favorite of the lot even though it’s just Herbert’s weird rantings disguised through the lens of a hideous omniscient manworm

That's what's good about it. It's the bizarre outcome of the events of the previous book and it's such a far echo into the future of the first three, and is so completely warped from them, that it becomes fascinatingly weird.

Also the Billy and Mandy homage to it where Billy is God Emperor Mandy's Duncan Idaho is fuckin' great.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ELI PORTER posted:

the Dune book rules, i've never read the others because I don't give a gently caress. Love to think for hours on end about riding those drat worms like they are a "bucking bronco"

Read God-Emperor

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Those are rare butterflies from another planet that have been extinct for millennia upon millennia, they're basically precious jewels woven into her dress :colbert: