Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Dune 2 looked and sounded great, but would have been way better with a completely different cast (except keep Stellan Skarsgård), I dunno who, just, not them. Also it could have been under two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I never said it was a good take

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I probably should have specified the main cast, everyone else was good and believable. Willy wonka and zenyada are not good actors, Josh Brolin is "Josh Brolin" in every movie he's in, and Bardem seemed to be the only one hamming it up for some reason, even though he's usually one of the best in every other movie he's in.

Spice must flow, much like my bad opinions.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Was the main villain supposed to be laughably inept in the books, he's all hyped up, kills two drugged prisoners, and almost gets owned by a guy whos probably been in that cell for a long time.

The very next fight he just gets fuckin owned and dies lol

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

I will say that whole sequence on that planet was one of the coolest things i've seen, made me wish I hadn't skipped out on seeing it in the theater. I have a decent home setup but I feel like being surrounded by all that sound would have been awesome.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

https://x.com/CBMovieFan/status/1779479169266577433

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Sometimes i feel like I'm not smart enough for a direction like that, and sometime I think Villeneuve doesn't fully understand how a native english speaker talks and can't tell the difference. There's large sections of the movie where its just great and engrossing, and just a few moments like that one where I just wonder how a movie thats so meticulously crafted just kinda went with those takes.

Wow this post is starting to get longer than dune, I'll stop saying bad things cause it was one of my favorite movies to watch for the first time, it all just looks so good, I want a Giedi Prime movie after part iii