Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
having seen part 2: it's good

i will not be taking any questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

khwarezm posted:

You know I have to be honest, I don't understand at all why people have said that the first book at least is particularly 'unfilmable', like its hardly the only book made into a good movie that has a lot of internal thoughts for its characters?

I think it got that reputation after Jodorowsky just completely failed to get anything off the ground (and insisted that it needed to be like ten hours long to properly adapt it to the screen).

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
In fairness on the timing, the 5-6 hours that Villeneuve got is a lot closer to 10 than the "must be less than 2 hours" that Hollywood was insisting on when Jodorowsky was pitching it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Deptfordx posted:

That worm scene was indeed amazing.

What I couldn't help but thinking.

How does everyone else get on? Especially let's say pregnant Reverend Mothers who aren't trained in this.

Also how the gently caress do you manage the dismount?

the reverend mothers have that wicker palanquin, right? (we see jessica riding in it when they head south). they probably just sit in it while the more physically capable fremen hoist it onto the worm