Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Leto II did everything wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Zippy the Bummer posted:

All of the characters post-Dune are so loving alien and far removed from humanity as I know it that I cannot relate to them at all and I therefore find it very difficult to give a gently caress about them or their struggles

moneo was the only dude with his head on straight in all of God Emperor

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ohfuckohfuckohfuck this god drat monster is gonna kill me shitshitshitshit

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i want a God-Emperor series with 10 minute episodes where each one ends with Moneo escaping from a conversation with Leto distraught and terrified

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

actually make it 20 minutes but 10 of them are just pauses in dialogue as they measure each other up

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it would could be so good

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Yandat posted:

a black mirror portraying a successful luddite revolution where they kill all the techies would be pretty sweet, surprised it hasnt been done

bm deals with good things going bad, not bad things going good

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Makers are a Fremen myth! There was NO COLLUSION with IX!! What about Lady Jessica's 10,000 shigawire spools?
Make Arrakis Great Again!

make arrakis green again

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

She tricked Scytale into thinking the BG believed it, too.

i kept waiting for some double or triple trickery there but apparently the tleilaxu are just disappointingly easy to dupe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

WhatEvil posted:

I'm a big Dune fan and somehow I only just found out about this thread.

Nth-ing the viewpoint that the end of the third book is a good stopping point... that said I haven't read the fourth one, I just stopped after 3 and feel really satisfied with how things wrapped up there.

god-emperor is the best one though