Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

basic hitler posted:

Frank's cock was named Leto for sure.

I feel like Dune Messiah is way more straightforward than even Dune itself. It's not bouncing around a whole bunch of characters, instead it hones in on Paul and just a few other pov's, and the narrative scope is very narrow and more traditional.

I remember children of dune the least, and it's why i started this adventure again. I'm glad to be back to it and reading it again, but so far it's about the same.

God Emperor is so loving weird as i recall it, once i finally understood what was happening i had a WAIT WHAT moment and i made myself reread everything before that moment to grasp it again.

Loved it though.

I never made it to God Emperor what happens thats so mind blowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
im for lasgun proliferation

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

basic hitler posted:

I really want to sit in a chairdog.

Holy crap i thought this was a joke

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Spinster posted:

The first book is REALLY worth reading if you haven't yet.

ive read the first one but it was decades back now when i was in middle school and i dont recall no chairdogs

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Doctor Dogballs posted:

The super gay sci-fi masterpiece, DUDE

all these words sound cool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

phasmid posted:

It's worth a watch. Dali had some weird thing where he wanted a pair of toilets shaped like dolphins (and a flaming giraffe but that's not related) because he didn't want the poo poo and the piss to touch eachother. He was basically acting like a stooge and trying to ruin the movie.

The spaceships are Chris Foss, and I love the cool-rear end look he gave to pirate ships, having them painted to camouflage them against nebulae and such.

dali was kinda a tool from everything ive read about him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

did one person do all the art for the covers and poo poo? cuz man, their aesthetic is so loving alien and evocative that it really helps the mood and contributes to making this world so alien and mysterious. chapterhouse might be my favorite and ive never even read the book

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

did one person do all the art for the covers and poo poo? cuz man, their aesthetic is so loving alien and evocative that it really helps the mood and contributes to making this world so alien and mysterious. chapterhouse might be my favorite and ive never even read the book

Conversely, this is totally poo poo:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

its even more insulting because its the alternative to this

which looks like someone got giorgio de chirico to do it. its just depressing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DebonaireD posted:

I never thought this interpretation was particularly successful. Wouldn't his face be 15 feet tall? Though I'm not sure what the God Emperor would really look like but that isn't surprising since most of Herbert's images don't really add up to much beyond sounding evocative. There's a revealing interview with Lynch's production and design head talking about trying to get Herbert to more concretely describe what he was imagining for some of the things in the book, and the guy just get flustered and tells her to just do whatever is in the book. Welp, it's too bad they're remaking it - for better or worse, Lynch's Dune IS more Dune than Frank Herbert's Dune.

who are those guys yelling at him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zeniel posted:

Not that I dislike the Lynch's Dune, it's great, its just that it should either have been done in more than one film or possibly a proper tv series with an actual budget and good actors this time.

This is what ive been saying a lot about a ton of books that people are eager to see adapted. you cut it to a length that'll be palatable for the average moviegoer and the story's going to be truncated as all hell. or in the case of say james franco wanting to adapt blood meridian, the mpaa would absolutely loving savage any cut you brought them. Take that poo poo to HBO you dummy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

would you rather be awe some or awe full, friend

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

did you guys ever play the WC3 UMS tides of blood? They had Duke leto in it and he was pretty good iirc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

My favorite joke in literature is Leto II musing to Moneo about putting a tiny plastic dong on himself somewhere and seeing what would happen when someone notices.

I don't remember this in the original novel nor really got any further than that but please post an excerpt :)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

Malky took a moment to recover from pain, then: "Tell me, old worm, is there a magnum dong hidden in that monster condom of yours? What a shock for the gentle Hwi!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mojo1701a posted:

That's what I did. $6 for the first three. Even came with a free photo of a trio of local nerds!

post thephoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

do freemen and freewomen shave? (down their(