Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Dolby Cinema presentation and audio better than IMAX IMO, especially the scenes filled with different blacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The Gedi Prime stuff was so great; I’ve been expecting more infrared stuff after Nope’s amazing day-for-night and BOY did they nail it.

Other high points are the Dolby Cinema policy with Denis plugging Dolby and the languid visuals; they could have cut 45 minutes out of the movie easily, but that would have lost the majesty.

Finally the Chani/love angle was great, even though I needed the Emperor to spell it out. The contrast between Paul’s father’s decision bringing disaster and Paul’s bringing power were very clear, as was Chani’s ultimate decision.

Side note, the Zendaya trailer was the only one that didn’t look like garbage.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
So is Paul 1/5 ?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I can’t stop thinking that the shock of that little twink taking over the empire could have been HUGE with better casting. The humiliation of Arnold or Clint or even Dinero or Harvey Kaitel kissing the ring would have been so much more powerful than a barely ambulatory Walken. Insert Walken ambulatory joke.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

kiimo posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/steven-spielberg-reviews-dune-2-162019189.html

“So let me start by saying that there are filmmakers who are the builders of worlds and we know it’s a not a long list, but we know who a lot of them are,” Spielberg said. “Starting with [Georges] Méliès and of course [Walt] Disney and [Stanley] Kubrick. George Lucas, George Pal, Ray Harryhausen … [Frederico] Fellini built his own worlds. Tim Burton, obviously. Wes Anderson. Peter Jackson. James Cameron. Christopher Nolan. Ridley Scott, Guillermo del Toro. The list goes on. But it’s not that long of a lis

George Miller was the first person that came to MY mind, and he’s not on the list. Second was Wachowskis. Leaving out ok but doing that and including NOLAN? Is there some beef?