Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I've read Dune twice and it was great both times. There is no reason to read anything past Dune. Just stop, seriously. If you get apologists telling you anything else, ignore it. Dune is fantastic. Everything else is garbage. I have warned you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
If you have already read Dune or read it multiples of times, then watched the normal cut of Dune, there is no reason to avoid the uber omega retarded fan cut 3.5 hour version of the Dune movie. Just watch it. There will forever be arguments of what makes the best version of the Dune movie, but why not watch it all as a book reader. It's not like you won't want to see all the poo poo they filmed.

I for one think it is a severely crippled interesting sort-of slightly masterpiece in some ways. Have I qualified it enough? Basically, Dune is hard to adapt and I give them credit for attempting. Bonus points for dope set/costume design. It was the 80s, after all, what better could we expect? Also, I love anything David Lynch, even if he has vocally discredited his involvement.

Damo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 13, 2018

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
This thread makes me feel bad I never read past DUNE and like, the first 75 pages of DUNE MESSIAH (I read it right after DUNE but got bored). Should I really go back? Should I dive back into this poo poo I haven't thought about reading since I was like 17 years old, thread? Is it really worth it?

I think not. But I will take your opinions.

Either way, I will definitely not read Herbert's son's poo poo. I'm talking about reading Frank's poo poo to the end and calling it quits.

I guess, at the least, I could read DUNE again. I know that is a good book, for sure.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
gently caress that watch that super long 3 hour ultimate cut that has everything in it.

The more Dune the better.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
i've only read dune and I still keep up with this thread glad to see it is back sort of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
maybe some day I will read the rest of the herbert books. I tried once but got bored like 1/3 through dune messiah.