Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Milo and POTUS posted:

ive read the first one but it was decades back now when i was in middle school and i dont recall no chairdogs

according to the wiki, chairdogs are first mentioned in the 5th book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vashro
May 12, 2004

The Bloop posted:

It was all the rage for 3,000 years

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I expected some landing gear shots but wow that was a lot

Vashro
May 12, 2004

gf really like the new one with no previous dune knowledge and wants to watch more, do we watch the lynch movie? ( I have seen but dont remember much) or the mini series?( I have not seen) is mini series any good?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

If you're gonna watch the Lynch movie, watch the Alternative Edition Redux - it's a fan-edit made out of segments of both editions of the movie (both theatrical and home-video), as well as a bunch from the directors cut as well as extras.
It also changes the movie to be more in line with Frank Herberts message, instead of making Paul have literal magic powers.

thanks we will watch this. Do they remove the part where he makes it rain? Ive only read the one book but that part seems stupid

Vashro
May 12, 2004

what is the name for when the music has that loud non english wailing they do in this movie a bunch? not hating I enjoyed it but that was a bit much

Vashro
May 12, 2004

not an oz of excess body fat between our desert lovers and I am here for it

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I hope the second movie explains mentats even a little bit. My non dune knowledged partner thought he was a normal assistant / guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Though I did wonder -

Baron promised not to kill Jessica. But isn't his roundabout way of dealing with her going to be super obvious to a bunch of psychic nun ladies? He's wary enough not to openly defy them, I feel like trying to rules lawyer your way through the problem won't work.

The Jews rules lawyer with Yahweh, Baron can rules lawyer with the Jesserit