Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
DESSERT POWER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I'm up to God Emperor of Dune on my re-read, what a great book. I had completely forgotten about this Hwi Noree character the Ixians manufacture to gently caress with Leto. And the instant love triangle it puts him in with poor Duncan Idaho. I guess the deal with the Duncans is that they all eventually go nuts because of the shock of going from serving Atreides on Dune to the new Shai-Hulud Tyrant and his hosed up society? Is he also constantly engineering specific Idaho mates like Siona or do the Duncans sometimes go nuts in the Fish Speaker orgy and spread their genes all over the place? It's pretty funny how Duncan is outraged by all the loving he is being offered.

On the earlier books, Dune Messiah is really just the epilogue to Dune. The current end of the Dune novel always felt cut off to me and Messiah has a banger of an ending. I really enjoyed Children of Dune, I had forgotten how Leto reveals himself to the people by doing poo poo like lifting a spaceship. I noticed this time how the characters expressed regrets about what happened to Alia because they each figured out what was going on and how to handle it independently, like setting up a specific ancestor and their crew to be your primary guides, but had no idea how to help her at that moment. It was pretty funny how the Baron turned her into some sort of lecher though.

Turpitude fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 16, 2024

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Ithle01 posted:

I know I'm a bit late to the discussion, but it takes more suspension of disbelief than I can muster to think that Jason Momoa would be horrified by an invitation to a muscle lady orgy so I guess that means he's not the ideal Duncan. Although from what a friend told me Momoa was apparently really enthusiastic about the role so that's cool.

:hmmyes:

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Memoirs of a Ghola

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

Signed, Fremen in Alia's Arrakeen

Some have started calling her Dark Baron and photoshopping red eyes on her on Frembook

I heard that she is constantly messaging twinks on the melange dating app

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Edit: misread post

Turpitude fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Characters also refer to tleilaxu as 'filthy' but Herbert does not describe what kind of filth, if they roll in poop like a dog, if they are stinky, what kind if stinky they are, etc etc