Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

basic hitler posted:

They aren't, however a lasgun + shield explosion looks no different from an atomic blast. You have to be really careful about using them or your intended victim can easily turn that accident into opporunity by screaming about atrocities with atomic weapons and then you're 100% hosed by the rules of that society

In "Messiah" when Paul is monologuing about the death-toll caused by the jihad of his imperial ascension, he numbers the casualties across the Imperium in the tens of billions, but never mentions the use of atomics as being part of the campaign, and still regards them as being forbidden. Since the jihad is being waged presumably by a few million fanatical Fremen and their converts, it seems reasonable to me to think that the lasgun + shield combo might be one of the many tools of destruction being employed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Pillbug

Tomorrow you'll need all your faculties to meet my gom jabbar.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Pillbug

basic hitler posted:

Lmao i want a choam gang tag.

Amazing.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Pillbug

paul_soccer10 posted:

wouldnt CHOAM have like hundreds of quintillions of 2007 dollars

Maybe they're estimating the total economic value of all current international commodity shipping? It's the closest analogue I can think of.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Pillbug

phasmid posted:

I still haven't seen that movie. I hear it's...interesting?

The Spice is good, the Penis is evil.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Pillbug

moller posted:

Ridin' a worm with Stilgar.

EDIT: The strength of the base of the pillar.

"He looked at his hand. How inadequate it appeared when measured against such creatures as that worm."

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Pillbug
Mine is Gurney-man, because it carries this old pug dog into battle and has known the comfort of his ex-boss’s woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Pillbug

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Gonna run out of empty wasteland states soon pls help

Logan

Nebraska