Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I always read the Tleilaxu as Mesoamerican coded, but I don’t think I grounded that in anything other than the name really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

If Denis quits now he's gonna go into the history books as the biggest coward

It would be overshadowed by however hard a Dune 3 would miss the mark without him

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I think you could pretty easily excise Children by pushing up the schedule of Alia’s possession and making Leto II v1, uh, Leto II. Sorry, Ghanima.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

jeeves posted:

DENIS apparently has a huge bug up his rear end about extended editions or directors cuts apparently, which honestly is like dude what? The shits already been filmed! It’s not like the LOTR extended editions where Jackson specifically filled more poo poo after the fact.

Actually it would be awesome if DENIS did exactly that because his editing down of the story is like one of the worst parts of his otherwise decent adaption.

Also I bet the dude loved the “directors cut” of Blade Runner when he made BR2049 and it’s like…. Okay hypocrit much?

good. he’s the anti-Ridley Scott i.e. he lets his films stand on their own as finished works instead of second guessing himself and releasing 5 cuts over the course of two decades or whatever

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

kalel posted:

random thought:

in the final confrontation, the fremen penetrate the shield wall and approach the imperial landing site on sandworms. shortly thereafter, paul becomes emperor.

the circular ship is representative of the power of the imperium (an imperium, mind, which is controlled behind the scenes by an all-female order). paul combines that power with desert power, represented by the sandworms, and births a new dynasty.

he penetrates the wall and when his worm meets the egg-shaped ship, emperor muad'dib is born.

good call. considering some of the visual language toward the end of BR2049 (Joe fighting Love in a curiously smooth, white car on the crashing shores to deliver Deckard to his daughter who is crafting tomorrow’s dreams in a suspiciously womb-like room) I’m absolutely inclined to believe that was all or partly intentional

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
also eyes, the guy loves eyes

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Reading Heretics

Stupid sexy Bene Gesserit :argh:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Opening the tomb at Dar-es-Balat:

Bubblyblubber posted:

emperor dickless worm was a turd alright

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Gatts posted:

You know we joke about him not having a penis but the dude is a worm and in some ways he is a massive dick himself.

Hwi. Don't do it. When you want to go through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Duncan Idaho (R-ID)