Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Gaunab posted:

The Directors Cut version of A Christmas Prince is on lifetime right now.

are you sure it's not My Christmas Prince, a completely different Lifetime original movie that was also released in 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

mary had a little clam posted:

Me and the wife watched today. She almost tapped out it was so bad. The acting is really stiff and the writing is trash. However we were really troubled by the implications of the finale: MEGA SPOILERS Turns out there are THREE ghosts haunting the inn: Daniel the Hunk, Daniel's Cousin who murdered him, and Daniel's Fiancee Lily. Lily is using nameless magic to keep Daniel stuck in this yearly twelve day cycle of renewal because she believes in his capacity to change (he was a bootlegger and lied to her about it). Kate helps Daniel remember how and why he was murdered, he forgives his murderer and apologizes to Lily. Lily says "Great you're free now, come with me to Heaven!" and he says "Nah tho, I want to stay with Kate." and Lily says "k" and lo and behold, Daniel is reborn as a real man now and he runs to Kate to smooch her.

This dude doesn't have an SSN, he was a Massachusetts innkeeper/rum runner for his short life, he probably doesn't even have vaccinations. He's going to be ill-equipped to live life in loving BOSTON with Kate now. Also, she can never break up with him now, right? Like, "Hey I'm sorry you gave up heaven with your fiancee to be with me but it's just not working out." I sure hope he doesn't have Prohibition era attitudes about women, black people, gays, etc...

We wouldn't know though because there are no POC or LGBTQ characters within twenty miles of this film.

If you can break up with a woman who spends a hundred years fighting death itself to keep you on earth you can break up with some lady you just met

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I was thinking yesterday that these Hallmark movies are amazing. It's not just one thing, but a combination of different things that make these movies so mediocre.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I thought A Christmas Prince was going to be bottom of the barrel but over the past few days we watched The Christmas Spirit and Christmas Inheritance and drat. The Christmas Spirit is definitely the worst for how incoherent the characters and story gets towards the end but I think Christmas Inheritance is my personal least favorite.

Just, like, to have a movie that's already as badly acted and S-tier mediocre in all other ways, and then have the extra level of even worse acting and how much it falls apart the end in The Christmas Spirit, like dang folks.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 25, 2017

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
If you're still looking for.bad Christmas movies I can recommend Noel (2004), which is sitting on a deservedly low Rotten Tomatoes score of 28%. It's grim movie that will make you feel a strong sense of misanthropy after watching it. Most of the characters are intended to have pathos but instead they come off as really sinister and dark. Highlights include Paul Walker as a TOTALLY NOT GAY COP who will FIGHT THE poo poo OUT OF YOU IF YOU CALL HIM GAY, a creepy old man who thinks Paul Walker is his dead wife reincarnated, an incredibly ominous guy who purposefully injures himself badly so he can attend a hospital's patient only holiday party, and Robin Williams in one of his most maudlin and unappealing roles. The only good thing in this movie is that Penelope Cruz has a brief sexy dance scene?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do not watch "48 Christmas Wishes" on Netflix. I repeat. Do not watch.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do not watch "48 Christmas Wishes" on Netflix. I repeat. Do not watch.

I like it because the elves are experts on things like trees but don't understand stockings and are horrified at dressing as Santa. Which implies certain parts of Christmas tradition we original from Santa and some are human perversion.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I think The Room is better than this dreck

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I like it because the elves are experts on things like trees but don't understand stockings and are horrified at dressing as Santa. Which implies certain parts of Christmas tradition we original from Santa and some are human perversion.
I couldn't do it. I quit maybe 15 mins in.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

FactsAreUseless posted:

I couldn't do it. I quit maybe 15 mins in.

It's not worth it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Watch Red Christmas..
It's about a a family of idiot assholes vs An abortion survivor with downs syndrome and retard strength. It was very bad, and seemed to come from a very mean spirited place.

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Now I am watching evergreen christmas. It is the most republican movie ever made. Not even conservative, just republican. Like the main characters are the descendants of Robert E Lee and the problem is that the "estate tax" somehow means they owe millions of dollars they can't pay. On the other hand a family forcibly adopts(?) a girl because her dad won't let her date illegal immigrants and also a donkey is implied to be jesus and saves the day.
I watched this. It was pretty amazing. I also kept thinking I could predict where the plot would go, but made the flaw of thinking previously mentioned things would end up being relevant. Instead it was very unpredictable but pretty amazing.

• Locked thread