Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

one of my recent purchases. Wax is kinda annoying to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Suicide Watch posted:

Are you guys buying from shops or dispensaries?

Denver rec/med dispensaries.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I remember the last time I bought from a dealer. He got busted a week later, which was about two months before I moved to Colorado. I was dry for about a month. There was no variety. And I paid almost triple what it costs retail out here.

I'm never living in a prohibition state again.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Move to a legal state. The black market only survives here because of all the prohibition states around us. Even with 25% sales tax, it's cheaper than any dealer in any city I've ever lived in, and the variety is incredible.

Best wax I've gotten so far was 92% thc. I've got a few dabs worth left.

Found the picture of it.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 11, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehhh. Quality will always have a swing. And there will always be problems with labeling batches and poo poo correctly beyond a certain scale.

I like getting wax because it's easier to get higher percentages. Shatter, I see max out around 87% where I shop. Live resin can get up there too, but the cost is not justifiable for $40-50/g when wax is half that price and can hit the same percentages. It may not taste as good as live resin, but the results are the same.

I'll buy any wax or shatter that breaks 80%. Below that, depends on how discounted it is.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not getting a medical card, just not much of a point. I mean, I wouldn't have to drive to Denver every 2-3 weeks (Colorado Springs doesn't do rec sales), but beyond that and some taxes I actually support paying, I wouldn't be saving much.

That and California courts ruled that medical card holders can't buy firearms, and I'm just waiting for that to be ruled as precedent here.

Otherwise it'd be the mountain of medical records for my back, leg, and depression/anxiety.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

That poo poo is protected by HIPPA iirc, so it would be self-disclosed. I technically quit smoking weed every time I get done smoking a bowl. It's a shame that I decide to start using again an hour or two later. So it wouldn't be lying either. The problem is the questions are ambiguous enough for you to be technically right by lying.

I have a med card because I need one, but I'll probably continue to have one because if it ever does come to it, I'm gonna want proof that the VA is gonna pay my bills.

There was a lawsuit out east where someone successfully sued to have his MM paid for by his health insurance, and that makes me hopeful that the VA will eventually (5-10 years) accept marijuana.

California supreme court upheld the decision last year sometime, I think. If you have a MMJ card, they can be cross-referenced for state level background checks on firearms purchases. Since MMJ isn't recognized as HIPAA compliant (federal scheduling, health insurers won't cover it, docs may be required by state to provide registration of MMJ card), they can scan any state database they have. Until it's rescheduled and federally accepted as similar in vein to alcohol, you'll have to bullshit your transfer paperwork.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Keep in mind that's California. Basically if you have a card and lie about it on the transfer, they can hang you from confirming through the database on the state end of the background check.

I don't think any other state has picked it up as precedent though. Just Cali. But, due time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

Can they prove in court that possession of the card means that you're smoking? Because if the law in written to imply that you can't buy a firearm by having a card that doesn't actually pass a constitutional sniff test, and if its written that smoking bars you from ownership then they imply that possession of a card means your violating the law, which again, wouldn't fly?

Of course the court decisions going to side against individuals because gently caress you, state is mighty and gently caress precedent.

From the California NORML faq:

quote:

25. Can I own or buy a gun if I use marijuana?
The federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms sent letters to gun dealers in 2011 warning them they could not sell to known marijuana users. When buying a gun, question 11e on the ATF form asks, "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana?"

Answering yes makes you ineligible to purchase; falsely answering no is in principle punishable as perjury. This should not affect current gun owners.

On August 31, 2016 a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals rejected a challenge to this policy from a medical marijuana patient in Wilson v. Lynch. The opinion states: "Wilson could have amassed legal firearms before acquiring a registry card, and [federal statutes] and the Open Letter would not impede her right to keep her firearms or to use them to protect herself and her home. In addition, Wilson could acquire firearms and exercise her right to self-defense at any time by surrendering her registry card, thereby demonstrating to a firearms dealer that there is no reasonable cause to believe she is an unlawful drug user.”

Although California law does not prohibit marijuana users from having guns, using a gun in connection with an offense such as cultivation or possession with sale can result in additional criminal charges. Users are advised to keep their guns in a location that is separate from their marijuana.

It's a matter of federal dicking around. Until it's established that weed be treated like alcohol, there will always be a federal dick in it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Having the card is an admission to smoking, yes. To avoid that, don't get a card, or forfeit your card and tell them to gently caress off.

The part HIPAA covers at all is if it's related to anything in your medical records outside of the state registry or pot shop. The VA can't tell the ATF about classifying me as marijuana dependent, unless it results in a judge declaring me mentally unfit for some reason or another.

Besides, I don't mind paying $4/g in tax for hash when it's $16/g before tax. If I was medical, it'd be significantly cheaper in terms of tax, but I don't remember the rate. And those prices absolutely kick any dealer I've ever had in a prohibition state squarely in the dick.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"My name's kitten and I like sitting on hash."

Found some live resin for $25/g, so I got four grams. And four grams of some 80% wax for $16/g. And the cat will sleep on all of it for a good half hour before I get around to trying the live resin.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Used to listen to The Wall a lot when I smoked before the army. Dark side of the moon wasn't my generation, but caught rotation.

I mostly stick to drive-by truckers and similar sad alt-country.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The live resin I got is maui wowie. I was going to get shatter of it but the dude at the shop mentioned he had it in live for $1 more, also 87% to the shatters 83%.

The wax I got is called strawberry citrus. Haven't tried it yet, but the live resin is just thin enough to dip the wax on the spoon in it and add a layer of tasty flavor.

I still have some maui poison and pura grimace from the last trip, but it wasn't going to last until next week.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
90s rap best rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeL9gagV_VA

Love me some gin and juice on bluegrass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur1N3UyT1lE

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I played alto saxophone when I was a kid, from 1st until 6th grade. Around 18 I picked up a guitar and tab sheeted my way through a few songs. Eventually bought an electric, then a banjo while I was in the army. In true bad decision fashion, I sold it so I could afford to go to Bonnaroo one year.

Music is great. It drowns out the tinnitus. I'd love to say I love peace and quiet, but when I finally get close to it... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm baking a loaf of banana nut bread with a gram of that 80% thc strawberry citrus wax.

My apartment smells amazing right now. And that banana bread is gonna put me on the moon.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ I did too.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

That sounds nice. Care to share the recipe?

I just used a krusteaz box and substituted butter for oil.

It's pretty effective. I ate an end piece about five minutes out of the oven, around ten hours ago. Had me giggling like Butthead for a good bit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Whenever you bake, your stuck at around 325 or else the THC starts to evaporate. Causes problems so sometimes different ingredients are called for

I baked it at 350. THC doesn't turn to vapor until 392*F. When I was decarbing it, the excess that wasn't thc boiled off. I did my decarb and butter mix kinda weird. I stuck the hash in a small mixing bowl and stuffed it in the toaster oven for about ten minutes at 250, and gradually added the whole stick of butter over the next 15 minutes, still around 250. It was hot liquid buttery goodness going into the mix.

It's yellow because it's a box mix. I didn't feel like going around finding all the stuff I needed to make a proper one. And I'm lazy. Gonna make another batch friday, since I have a four day weekend, but I'll get a proper recipe before then.

If I did this right, the loaf has 800mg-ish of thc. About 80-100mg a slice. And it definitely feels like I did it right. I didn't dab this morning and I'm right where I'm comfortably stoned but capable of doing poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 18, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The lighting is awful and my phone is four years old.

It's more brown than yellow, but fluorescent lights are the only thing in the kitchen.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm going to be lazy tonight and make box brownies. Gonna put a gram of hash in that too. I'm giving 4 out to coworkers and gonna munch on the other 8 all weekend. I should probably scrape together all my old gram jars and throw those in the toaster oven with the gram I'm going to cook.

Shooting for 60-80mg per brownie.

Had a thick slice of that banana bread this morning, the rest will be lucky to survive the night.

I will say, I've hardly dabbed since I baked this loaf. I've cut back at least half, maybe two-thirds what I typically smoke a day.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 20, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I spent five years in bar kitchens.

gently caress cooking.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
When I started cooking, I didn't drink or smoke weed at work. I'd take my shift drink after clocking out and smoke a lovely schwag joint at home.

By the time I moved to Memphis, I cooked more consistently when I was full out baked. Hooters was not as cool with it as the chain and dive bars I worked prior, but the aesthetical surroundings were rewarding enough.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never fished the company pond when I was at Hooters. Those women were fine but batshit insane. The most goddamn damaged women I've ever met (outside of strip clubs) worked at Hooters. Had a steady college girl at the time anyhow.

Hash brownies came out every bit as potent as I hoped.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good poo poo, man. I still ride the persistent wave of zoloft, but weed has taken place of a few other psych meds and driven off the need for painkillers. I'm also more active than before, maintaining a steadier weight, but not really eating any healthier.

I'm making a box of some cranberry orange muffin mix later today. Gonna make it a loaf. Probably gonna use the strawberry citrus wax I have laying around. Should make the next few days tolerable.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to make something besides banana bread. Probably make cookies or something tomorrow night.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Grow4Vets is a decent sized thing here.

I made a blueberry muffin loaf thing with about 1.3g of wax and live resin tonight. Ate a slab of it about an hour ago. My eyes are already getting heavy.

I'm getting into the idea of laying off dabbing and going to edibles almost entirely. Enough to the point where I'm looking at buying something called a Nova Decarboxylator. It's basically a little precision temperature oven, but I'm not keen on paying $200+ for the thing.

I've tried a couple different methods of decarbing. So far the best results come from the toaster oven, around 250*F until it stops bubbling off CO2, then mixed with melting butter in a pyrex in the same toaster oven. After the butter melts down it gets stirred in the pyrex then thrown into the mix.

I'd like to take the guess work out of decarbing and just have something simple I can throw some hash in, push a button, and come back later for butter use. I'm lazy, but I'm a cheap kind of lazy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to get in touch with a vet weed group here. Maybe it would open a door to an inventory control job in the field. I'd still need to get my MED support badge (Marijuana enforcement division, basically an occupational license in CO), but that's a couple week wait now at most. And I seem to tolerate counting things while stoned very well.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nice. Good friends give things friends love.

The most recent slab of blueberry muffin bread was probably a touch thick. I probably ate 150-200mg while I was on the phone with my mother a while ago (she calls me out when she hears the dab rig stuff). Anyhow, it's pretty great.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
So, remember how I mentioned the CA supreme court decision on firearms and medical marijuana? Pennsylvania is doing it too.

Medical marijuana patients must choose: guns or medicine ...
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2018/01/medical_marijuana_patients_mus.html

Precedent set. Until marijuana is re-scheduled, you can have prescriptions for opiates and still own firearms, but not a weed recommendation.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Any other way would make it stickier.

I'm nowhere near stoned enough for today.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tonight's banana hash bread has two grams of hash in it. About 1500mg of THC after decarb and bake.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Anything with butter and doesn't call for baking over 350*F.

I just buy the Krusteaz box muffin mixes. They can be made in a bread pan at around 325*F for 50-60 minutes. I do 350*F for 50 minutes, altitude probably fucks with it too.

I'm lazy about my butter infusing. I just toss a stick in the container I'm decarbing in and let it melt down into the hash, then just dump it into the mix as a liquid.

Stay clear of anything that wants 400*F since THC vaporizes at 392*F.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm hesitant to use it in a skillet. If I keep it on low, sure, but no higher.

I like banana bread a lot these days. I was getting a slice before work from the gas station before I started making it.

I know it's a carb load and probably has more sugar than if I made a real recipe, but it's good before work and I'm good and baked by break.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to wander over to TCC and see what they have for weed food threads. Plenty of good cook books out there too. I'm just making what's easy right now. When I have a real kitchen again, I'll go a little more crazy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you pizza when you should french fry, you're gonna have a bad time.

Whatever you get, stay on the light side of dosing for a while. Prerolled joints are great when you have no tolerance. Just hit it twice and snub it out. If I was in your shoes, I'd just buy a small bowl and an eighth. No paper taste, easier to determine how much to use.

I wouldn't dabble with concentrates of any kind, or edibles, this early. It's not like the old days, when people were happy to cook with 10% thc weed. It's constantly 20-30% thc now.

And you definitely don't want an edible I make. I think I ate 150mg this morning. At least. And it is definitely doing the work required.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My bong is covered in a shameful amount of dust. And my bubbler. I have no idea where my spoon is, think I gave it to someone. Grinder and box/hitter are somewhere in the apartment.

I've been using a dab rig (quartz nail, $30 rig) and a cheap two-coil vape thing that sits on 510 thread batteries. Coils are 5/$15 and batteries are $15-30 depending on how fancy I want to be on the cheap.

On hash and poo poo. When you think about the numbers on it, thc content and whatnot, once you've established a modest tolerance, you can move on to it relatively easy. A gram is usually in the 65-85% thc window (over 90% in semi-rare instances). A gram of flower is 20-30%, generally. Good legal flower, not a dealers' garden. A gram of hash is essentially an eighth of flower in overall thc content.

I smoke about 1g a week, and cook with 2g a week now. Overall I'm eating about a quarter of comparable flower and smoking an eighth. Pepper in some vaping here and there, maybe another half g a week. It's not a lot, and I'm not a power smoker, but if I smoked flower, it'd be a two plus ounce a month habit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I have no idea how it's survived all of my moves and sheddings of poo poo.

Derp.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bong Ross is an M72 LAW. I got it when my last unit decided to clean out their storage. I asked a sergeant what to do with it, since it was just an inert tube, he told me to trash it. No way in hell that was going to happen.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, it's still rough. The downstem is still hosed up and I need to clean up the mouthpiece. Worst part was trying to get the pvc insert in the tube without destroying too much fiberglass.

There's a plastics shop at work. I should just take it in there and finish it someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I need to polish up bong ross a bit. There's a lot of finish that can be done easily if I took it in to work, I'm just lazy. I mean more of the functionality side, aesthetically it's perfect as is. I need to straighten the front sight a bit, fix the downstem, shorten the pvc mouthpiece, and make it collapsible again. I kinda want it to be able to extend to hide the mouthpiece entirely.

It's so much more half-assed than it looks in pictures.