Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

binge crotching posted:

If you have season tickets, MLS Live was about $20 or so.

Only if you were a Sounders STH. I've gotten Seattle people to give me their login codes for a couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

El Jebus posted:

With any luck, I can watch 4 games simultaneously in full screen.

But why?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Because I hate myself.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

trem_two posted:

Hopefully it doesn't suck as bad as WatchESPN

WatchESPN works great for me. What problems do you see?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

Friend of mine theorized that Dykstra will be your new #2 and MacMath will get traded. I could see that if there's someone who actually needs a starter, but no team really jumps out (San Jose maybe?).

Please no, I want MacMath to replace Howard. And the sooner, the better.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

porkface posted:

WatchESPN works great for me. What problems do you see?

One time I fell asleep watching a match and when I woke up Australian Rules Football was on. My complaint is that it's not on more often.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

plainswalker75 posted:

One time I fell asleep watching a match and when I woke up Australian Rules Football was on. My complaint is that it's not on more often.

It's on Fox Soccer Plus regularly.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Nice straight red for Vytas in a pre-season match.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh my word. Per Goff, there will be a DC United Supporters Academy. I can’t even imagine what that means but I can only picture song sheets and everything else we joke about in here.

Also single game tickets are only available through one specific SG, the one that’s team sponsored and chanted for pupusas at official events

Bitches went full corporate

MLS caricature has finally been achieved

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

porkface posted:

Nice straight red for Vytas in a pre-season match.

Is today Get a Red Card Day today or something?

https://twitter.com/JonathanSigal/status/963837825593602048

:v:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Oh my word. Per Goff, there will be a DC United Supporters Academy. I can’t even imagine what that means but I can only picture song sheets and everything else we joke about in here.

Also single game tickets are only available through one specific SG, the one that’s team sponsored and chanted for pupusas at official events

This has the potential to generate some really solid comedy that we've been lacking; I'm all for it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Picture authentic culture through the unfiltered lens of a marketing graduate in their first job

Imagine the possibilities

Just a shining sea of AstroTurf

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I wish I went to a supporters academy when I was younger, I'd be so good at supporting by now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

It's on Fox Soccer Plus regularly.
As far as I'm concerned Aussie Rules should have its own channel.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I went to a university for supporting, and look how poo poo I am at it!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Edward Mass posted:

I went to a university for supporting, and look how poo poo I am at it!

I got too drunk when I went there and ended up the valedictorian.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Picture authentic culture through the unfiltered lens of a marketing graduate in their first job

Imagine the possibilities

Just a shining sea of AstroTurf

you thought the pupusa chant was good, think of what the brainiacs in MLS marketing can come up with

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I have a masters in tifo creation and a minor in craft beer from the supporters academy

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm spending the money I saved by not buying DCU season tickets to fly to a couple Atlanta United games instead, and this news just reconfirms that I have made the correct choice.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the total non-advertised weird poo poo is the best thing about watchESPN. who else knew they had the rights to home cricket matches for England and New Zealand

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the total non-advertised weird poo poo is the best thing about watchESPN. who else knew they had the rights to home cricket matches for England and New Zealand

Agreed. I watched almost every A-League match on WatchESPN last year and I’m super bummed that they didn’t pick it up this season. I miss you Connor Pain :ohdear:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Behold your benevolent overlords

https://twitter.com/ScreamingEagles/status/958831402207805440?s=20

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The Screaming "So Organized That's Why The FO Chose To Work Only With Them But Not Organized Enough To Foresee Any Backlash And Don't Have A Statement Or FAQ Ready" Eagles

https://twitter.com/ScreamingEagles/status/964110811953356800

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVZ9bPRTiIA

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

camoseven posted:

The Screaming "So Organized That's Why The FO Chose To Work Only With Them But Not Organized Enough To Foresee Any Backlash And Don't Have A Statement Or FAQ Ready" Eagles

MLS really is the Mecca of hilarious supporter drama isn't it

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

camoseven posted:

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm trying to delete it"

Aren't there at least two other big DCU SGs?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

shirts and skins posted:

Yea, Barra Brava and District Ultras. They are both pretty pissed.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

shirts and skins posted:

There are. Barra Brava are melting down. Ultras are laughing hysterically and having a good time. Eagles were the theoretical adults in the room, and man alive did they lose that title quick

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Disband the club imo.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I guess I don't get why people are getting butt hurt over this? Is this just normal stupid SG stuff?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I guess I don't get why people are getting butt hurt over this? Is this just normal stupid SG stuff?

It is

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Apparently Gamarra to the Red Bulls is finally officially done.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/new-york-red-bulls/story/3385696/red-bulls-finally-sign-kaku-gamarra-as-young-designated-player

Hopefully he has more of an impact than Veron.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 16, 2018

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Jovial Cow posted:

Apparently Gamarra to the Red Bulls is finally officially done.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/new-york-red-bulls/story/3385696/red-bulls-finally-sign-kaku-gamarra-as-young-designated-player

Hopefully he has more of an impact than Veron.

This has been one of the longest and dumbest sagas. I'm glad we have him though. I'm saying this confidently- he will definitely be better than veron. It's not that hard.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Disband the club imo.

This but unironically, loving let Real Maryland take their place its not like they could play worse or present themselves less embarrassingly

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
A USL club in the Baltimore/DC area would make a killing. poo poo, put out your stuff in Spanish and you're already light years ahead of the current batch of maniacs.

Fun story: I went to call the team about everything, and it turns out the entire sales force has been cleaned out. They've all taken jobs at USL clubs. It's great. This team is disintegrating due to some dude in a polo screaming BUT NEW STADIUM, WHY NO MONEY

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Sounds like folks can no longer by tickets in the supporters' section unless it's through the Eagles, including home and away game matches. That's a lot of control given to one group.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
CCL thread up

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/967044686291509248

Heck yes give me that young international talent.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

we're going to outperform last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/967044686291509248

Heck yes give me that young international talent.

I'm not sure we should be stealing children from elementary school and forcing them to play soccer but ok

• Locked thread