Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ah, the sound of Civ4.

Perfect combination of the best neighbor and a succession game. Magic waiting to happen. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe it's because you can't really use them offensively and that the defending stack will always use the best so a shocking axeman will tear through enemy swordsmen a lot better than an archer can. But I'm so rusty at this game whatever little skill I had are down to might win on settler difficulty.

Poil fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 13, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Suitable music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14YHs0375tY

Things are going well, and one of the cities has a much cooler name than the rest. :toot:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you build petra it will be a 1f1p. :downs:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

One turn wonder without a great engineer? Very impressive.

Personally I've always hated the liberalism bonus. You're ahead of everyone else in science? Have a free tech. Why not give the player who first reaches an amount of culture in a city a free great artist? Or hand the player who first reaches a certain army size a whole bunch of units for free?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So environmentalism is good because it lets you build coal powerplants everywhere? Um...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is the AI cheating by dividing up the two first religion techs? One of them always goes Meditation and the other Polytheism instead of both trying for, say, Meditation and then the one who didn't priorities the second tech?

• Locked thread