Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

the bird in hand / bird in bush exchange rate has been fluctuating wildly in recent months. some chalk this up to brexit anxiety, others to the well-known "handbirb" trend in social media. for myself I'm not sure, but I'm laying in a good supply while price trends are favorable! gonna flip me some birds, maybe work my way up to an elephant.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

the bird in hand / bird in bush exchange rate has been fluctuating wildly in recent months. some chalk this up to brexit anxiety, others to the well-known "handbirb" trend in social media. for myself I'm not sure, but I'm laying in a good supply while price trends are favorable! gonna flip me some birds, maybe work my way up to an elephant.

actually I take that back, I blame bitbird

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Birbs =/= dogs. Ergo, birbs ar not the best tingsd.

caiques are essentially puppies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbtk0CqIkhM

Manifisto

my new dog posted:

birds were the first animal to evolve to hold a grudge

one of my first experiences with parrots in the wild was meeting some king parrots at a campsite on the great ocean road in southern australia.

I was like, "hey these are cool birds, let me see if I can get closer to take a photo." because I'm used to north american birds, which mostly just fly away as soon as you get too close.

I should have been warned by the way one of the birds was looking at me as I approached, which could probably be translated as "U WOT M8?"

however, I was utterly unprepared for what happened next - basically the bird flying straight at my head:

I'm pretty sure it was just trying to chase me off from its territory (and possibly mate), but I don't doubt it would have tried to gently caress me up if I hadn't taken the hint

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Hugh Malone posted:

Bird rules :

If you love bird let it go.

If it comes back you have to make a nice place for it with seeds and let it inside when there is bad weather.

Don't make fun of cloaca. Very sensitive about this.

Pet bird 3x, no more, no less.

Birds do not like any post-wwii attempts at new orleans style jazz.

assemblyrequired posted:

I can tell you anything you want about birds
"Birds have a voracious appetite for pizza" - say the word and I'll tell you it
"Birds are a close relative of the jellyfish, because of their lack of feathers" - again, your wish is my command, I'll tell you it if you want me to
"There is only one bird, his name is melvin, and he's indigenous to eastern Pennsylvania" - I can't tell you this, sorry. I'm so sorry.
I'm sure there are more things I can tell you about birds, just ask me a fact and I'll see if I can tell you it

ty nesamdoom!

• Locked thread