Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
me? I'm a software guy. i dont really care much about the hardware. i want the thing to be stable and not have to worry about driver support on linux but i'm perfectly happy to let someone more knowledgable make those decisions for me.

but software? i like coding _a lot_ and i love learning about the latest algorithms and monads. even if they're of no practical use, it's all super interesting to me.

i guess...as long as the hardware can execute my code, i'm happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

OldAlias posted:

hardware because you can have useful hardware without software (but also depending on how you define “software”), but can you have software without hardware?

yeah you can code without a computer. it's just a set of instructions. if you can get a group of people and make them respond to instructions for you can program them..people software.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

MrMoo posted:

AWS appears to have created their own iLo to manage bare metal servers, I wonder why it took so long.

but can it run node?

• Locked thread