Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
and... it's good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
nobody cares op

mods do the needful: close thread, ban op

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I guess you could say.... I love edging :pervert:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

pram posted:

its actually bad hth op

this but ironically unironic

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

it's called edge...because it's a browser designed with edge case (microsoft) users in mind

:eyepop:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

it's called edge...because it's a browser designed with edge case (microsoft) users in mind

:iceburn:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

:drat:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

akadajet posted:

As a web dev, I don't test my poo poo for either browser. Use Chrome.

that’s a terrible way to approach sites as a web dev. these days there’s really no excuse for a site that only works in a single browser

ultravoices posted:

saving your employer money for electricity.

a good employee and microsoft products user.

I specifically have my charging schedule synced up so that all my devices charge at work, sorry employer

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

HoboMan posted:

:yossame:

i just leave most of my chargers at work now. saves me $20+ a month

do devices seriously use up $20 a month of electricity?? I always figure it’d be a buck max

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

akadajet posted:

If it works in the reference web browser (chrome) and not in your lovely web browser, then your web browser is broken and it's your responsibility to fix it.

*churns out a bunch of pages with lovely css and JavaScript* hey it works in chrome!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

The_Franz posted:

chrome is going to be the new ie6, isn't it?

"uh, this page doesn't display correctly in firefox or safari"

"works for me in chrome"
*CLOSED*
*WONTFIX*

that’s already happening, it’s why you see a push from Mozilla and Microsoft to improve their browsers

even so though, really? 10 minutes to test your page in another browser to make sure you aren’t churning out garbage is too much to ask? 🙄

i mean the standards today are implemented pretty evenly right now, so it’s not even a huge ask. though, that might change if google can dictate the standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

mmmm I wonder what kind of web standards hell awaits us from an ad company

• Locked thread