Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the pdf reader in edge is so weird though, or at least for me it sometimes seems to refuse to render a pdf for no good reason

though that is the (current) edge story, renders nicely, is fast and fluid, and then sort of glitchy and unfinished in all the chrome and surrounding bits

ended up going back to edge though when it turned out it lets me do the full workday without bringing my laptop charger, where both firefox and chrome hit the battery ever so slightly harder so it'd start complaining just before the end of the day v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ultravoices posted:

saving your employer money for electricity.

a good employee and microsoft products user.

motivated neither to buy another power brick (research grant where it'd effectively come out of my pocket no matter how i do it) nor to carry the one i have around during the day

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qhat posted:

Do Microsoft nerds get angry when people refer to edge as its rightful name, that is Internet Explorer?

it is at minimum a bit confusing since every system with edge also has a separate application named internet explorer

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

different kinds of brokenness are not interchangeable though, and in my book edge has the newer cooler set of weird behaviors~

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

akadajet posted:

As a web dev, I don't test my poo poo for either browser. Use Chrome.

you having a terrible job, and coping with it by doing it poorly, is doing very little to inform any of my choices really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

akadajet posted:

Chrome is the gold standard web browser implementation and lol if you use anything else.

yeah, sort of true of course, much like ie4, 5 and 6 from '97 long into the naughts, and webdevs back then certainly didn't bother considering or testing outside of those either, but i still played around with the crashtastic netscape releases of the day, mozilla nightlies and so on

sometimes the road less travelled is just a bit of fun you know

• Locked thread