Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is the clock even supposed to wind in that case? I don't think anyone knew that because the ball went OB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Zyla posted:

what the gently caress are you supposed to do there?

Rush to the line so you can snap it a few seconds after the ref sets the ball and blows the whistle, I guess?

Seems to me the refs should've been clearer about what was happening.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

incompetent posted:

the game is over, you can stop crying now

hey man you cant just tell someone to stop crying. never stop crying kawalimus

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Mike tomlin will be the NFLs all time winningest coach.

lay off the drugs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Lol at "propping the steelers up". Get real! Those PI calls went the Ravens way the whole quarter! And they couldnt loving close out the game!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

seems like the refs gave baltimore plenty of opportunities too

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

Did they play bad down the stretch yes. Was the game over when they were up 9? No

I didn't say it was I said in the hands of a competent team it would have been.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if the ref doesn't tell anyone that he's going to wind the clock i can see it. he spots the ball, steps back, makes the wind signal and nobody on offense is looking at him

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Lol at "propping the steelers up". Get real! Those PI calls went the Ravens way the whole quarter! And they couldnt loving close out the game!

yeah yeah

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kawalimus posted:

Mike tomlin will be the NFLs all time winningest coach.

I'm still really pissed that Jeff Fisher got fired before he could become the NFL's all time loseingest coach.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't say it was I said in the hands of a competent team it would have been.

Lot of competent teams get torched by ben and brown

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

seems like the refs gave baltimore plenty of opportunities too

The refs more or less handed them the game in the 4th. They were like "oh here ravens, need another TD? Its yours!" AND WE STILL loving LOST

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
drat, I thought there were some good games coming this week, and I was right. What a show. The only one that wasn't as good as expected was Chargers Redskins, but a bunch of other games this week were just great. Two overtimes, an absolutely bananas snow game, and two high-scoring games with less than a few points between them.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ketchup vs catsup posted:

contract the ravens and all their fans

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The moistest of farts

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Did you know their names start with B

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
but seriously guys

gently caress both of these teams

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This was a bad offensive game. I mean it was exciting, but also poo poo. TheSteelers were practically moving the ball without any trouble late. Thats just boring to me. Not exciting. The Ravens didnt get a single pick.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chinatown posted:

but seriously guys

Agreed friendo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

Lot of competent teams get torched by ben and brown

None of that matters if the Ravens got the first down on the play I've been referring to this entire time, dingus.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ketchup vs catsup posted:

contract the ravens and all their fans

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Chinatown posted:

but seriously guys

This is true, but Ray Lewis is gone, while Ben- a literal rapist - Roethlisberger continues to lead the Steelers.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

The moistest of farts

I've had plenty of scotch and spicy foods so mine are pretty fiery right now.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

None of that matters if the Ravens got the first down on the play I've been referring to this entire time, dingus.

One play makes or breaks a teams competency ok

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

but seriously guys

i mean, i guess, but i'm too busy with gently caress the pats, cowboys and seahawks right now. plate's kind of full of gently caress

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

SamuraiFoochs posted:

are you still mad about that 3rd and three where a defender made a fantastic play? it was open, the ball was on target and on time. it was both a good call and well executed, the only reason it didnt work was cause unfortunately they allow the team defending the ravens to play the game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Josh Lyman posted:

Is the clock even supposed to wind in that case? I don't think anyone knew that because the ball went OB

Since the ball was fumbled forward I think it's considered a dead ball before ever going OOB so once it's spotted the clock starts

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Ravens didnt just"get torched". They gave up 500 loving yards. Thats beyond torched. Thats total incompetence. Teams dont just give up 500 yards a week.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Despera posted:

Actually more like that series but yes.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

are you still mad about that 3rd and three where a defender made a fantastic play? it was open, the ball was on target and on time. it was both a good call and well executed, the only reason it didnt work was cause unfortunately they allow the team defending the ravens to play the game

Apparently

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Actually more like that series but yes.

k cool opinion

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

don't worry, tomorrow the dolphins play the pats, and i'm sure new england will lose

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Despera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rPIg7ZNQ8

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens didnt just"get torched". They gave up 500 loving yards. Thats beyond torched. Thats total incompetence. Teams dont just give up 500 yards a week.

How many yards did the Ravens gain

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

I'm saying RUN THE DANG BAWL, yes.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

yeah that surely would have won them the game

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Reminder, Kawalimus is full on gimmick. Don't spin your wheels.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Also, gently caress it all because now I have to cheer for the Patriots next week against the Steelers, and I hate cheering for the Patriots.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

SamuraiFoochs posted:

this is a pretty stupid point to make. the play they called was good enough for a first. the defenders are allowed to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I just did a sinus rinse and what came out was this game

• Locked thread