Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oakland/Dallas who loving cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I really hope Shazier gets well but this is really annoying and I wish they'd shut up about it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Reminder, Kawalimus is full on gimmick. Don't spin your wheels.

The gimmick is that im a live human. Ill be dead after tonight!!

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I think it was the right call to wind the clock. But on that play where Maclin got hurt and they called an injury timeout.... I think they should change the rules that if your team is on offense and one of your players is injured on a play where the clock is stopped, it should NOT cost your team a timeout. Why should your team be penalized for one of your players being injured?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

DrunkPanda posted:

I think it was the right call to wind the clock. But on that play where Maclin got hurt and they called an injury timeout.... I think they should change the rules that if your team is on offense and one of your players is injured on a play where the clock is stopped, it should NOT cost your team a timeout. Why should your team be penalized for one of your players being injured?

its to stop people from using them as free timeouts. also the ravens entire season is defined by them being penalized for their players being hurt so its very fitting

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

DrunkPanda posted:

Cause a player can act hurt and stop play then get up and basically give an extra timeout. Its a lovely rule, but sadly necessary cause it will be abused.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

now now it doesn't matter that the Ravens put up 38 lame points on the Steelers. the Steelers TORCHED the Ravens for 39!!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

oh poo poo i was right about only needing 1 point to win

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

now now it doesn't matter that the Ravens put up 38 lame points on the Steelers. the Steelers TORCHED the Ravens for 39!!!

We were very strong in the second and third quarters, yes. But thr refs handed us those last 7.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Im sure there were no steeler touchdowns through a bullshit pass interference

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
No NFL touchdown is untainted by sin.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

i'm dumb, can someone explain to me why the clock didn't stop when the ball went out of bounds?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Mystic Stylez posted:

i'm dumb, can someone explain to me why the clock didn't stop when the ball went out of bounds?

When it was fumbled forward it was a dead ball before it ever went OOB is what I think the rule is

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kawalimus posted:

The gimmick is that im a live human. Ill be dead after tonight!!

Are you Ryan Shazier

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/footballzebras/status/940083738112802816

Edit: what Intruder said

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mystic Stylez posted:

If it was recovered by the Steelers, it would have been their ball wherever they recovered it, or where they were downed. Once the ball moved past the fumbler (Flacco) if it goes out of bounds, or is recovered by the Ravens, the rule is that it is treated as if the fumbler was simply tackled. The clock winds, because according to rule, it was a tackle in bounds. This rule exists to prevent "Holy Roller" type plays at the ends of games.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

thank you guys, I get it now. I knew about a forward fumbling rule but I thought it applied only when it was an intentional one by the offense.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Mystic Stylez posted:

thank you guys, I get it now. I knew about that forward fumbling rule but I thought it applied only when it was an intentional one by the offense.

The problem is that its hard to determine intent in most scenarios. So having a blanket rule, but having it only apply in end game situations seems to be a fair compromise.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SamuraiFoochs posted:

None of that matters if the Ravens got the first down on the play I've been referring to this entire time, dingus.

You always insult people but get let go because the mods feel bad for you. This is especially tiring in PSP.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Roman Reigns is good and my friend

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Intruder posted:

Roman Reigns is good and my friend

Dean Ambrose is my hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

You always insult people but get let go because the mods feel bad for you. This is especially tiring in PSP.

God forbid I call someone a name like dingus. How horrible of me. Also quit with the stalker gimmick.

• Locked thread