Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

cannot pake posted:

I don’t drink any more but if I did I would drink wine distilled from Huge Green Grapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Blue Train posted:

I like to get wrecked on ouzo

I did this, once, 30 years ago.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo I just tried it slightly warmed. It's so much better

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah if you soak the bottle in warm water for a while it makes things a lot easier. your muscles relax more and you generally have a better time

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

the black husserl posted:

raynal is just as good as hennesssy and costs less cause you're not paying for the bullshit marketing, but i still would avoid it

cognac should taste like caramel sunshine and liquid gold. its expensive for a reason. martell at least has that cognac experience and you can actually buy it at a standard liquor store

i hope everybody gets to sip a boutique cognac sometime, they're amazing

I'm withholding judgement on this cheap rear end bottle of raynal until I get over this cold, but so far it just reminds me of a sweet bourbon. It's also incredibly smooth for a $17 bottle of liquor, which I wasn't expecting after first smelling it. If this is what Hennessssy tastes like then I get it. It's relatively smooth and a 1.75L costs about what I paid for a bottle of Titos while I was there.

Whereas a $17 bottle of bourbon would taste like petrol.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Marxalot posted:

Whereas a $17 bottle of bourbon would taste like petrol.

As someone who frequently buys $20 bottle of bourbon, can confirm.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I usually drink jäger. Never had much cognac, let alone special cognac, let alone very special cognac.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Hennessy makes u feel like a despot

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!
Hennessey is overpriced poo poo. Buy a decent bottle of scotch instead.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

the black husserl posted:

raynal is just as good as hennesssy and costs less cause you're not paying for the bullshit marketing, but i still would avoid it

cognac should taste like caramel sunshine and liquid gold. its expensive for a reason. martell at least has that cognac experience and you can actually buy it at a standard liquor store

i hope everybody gets to sip a boutique cognac sometime, they're amazing

You can buy Hennessy at standard liquor stores, they just aren’t allowed to have it on open shelving; it has to be behind the registers or in a locked case. Probably a stupid marketing reason to make it appear more special than it is. I never cared enough to ask the retailer.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also wanna try Martell now. My lady likes Henny but it’s way overpriced. I can get a p decent Scotch for the same or a few bucks more.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Super Grocery Kart posted:

You can buy Hennessy at standard liquor stores, they just aren’t allowed to have it on open shelving; it has to be behind the registers or in a locked case. Probably a stupid marketing reason to make it appear more special than it is. I never cared enough to ask the retailer.

Nah, it's a high theft item. I worked at the liquor store in BJs and that was the only thing that was routinely stolen.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ganson posted:

Hennessey is overpriced poo poo. Buy a decent bottle of scotch instead.

these items have very different tastes, you ape. you lemur.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

I Brake For MILFs posted:

Nah, it's a high theft item. I worked at the liquor store in BJs and that was the only thing that was routinely stolen.

I worked at a liquor store a long time ago and we had to do this with Ciroq, Grey Goose, all the big name cognacs and eventually Patron as well

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Picked up a bottle of Martell VSOP and pleasantly impressed. It’s really complex and rich, especially once it warms up in the snifter a bit. Thanks to the several goons who recommended it!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I wanna drink but I just got surgery yesterday and I'm taking Percocet and ketorolac. I'm bored.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Take like 4 percs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Blue Train posted:

Take like 4 percs

It made me just wanna sit around and do nothing.

Sucks

• Locked thread