Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Oh gently caress off, he lead with his shoulder for a start

Hmmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

What, you gonna believe your eyes and not what he says?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man named BlindSite arguing against clear visual evidence

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
So yeah. Defenseless player, blind side, speared with helmet.

Thomas Davis can join Jerry when he leaves the league.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
It was a dirty hit. He didn't make an attempt to look at what he was hitting and just tried to blow him up.

I love TD, but it was absolutely horseshit.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Alaois posted:

man named BlindSite arguing against clear visual evidence

lmao

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

During the Seahawks game, Carson Wentz got destroyed on a blindside hit by an LB that jumped offsides before the snap and nobody did poo poo. Refs should have blown the play dead.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

See how he extends his arm? That's when youre moving through a motion with your shoulder.

He didn't lead with the crown of his helmet, he's turned side on and you're judging something happen at an extreme speed in slow motion.

This wasn't even as bad as the juju hit and no where near the intent.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

See how he extends his arm? That's when youre moving through a motion with your shoulder.

He didn't lead with the crown of his helmet, he's turned side on and you're judging something happen at an extreme speed in slow motion.

You might be able to argue he intended to lead with his shoulder, he factually did not. You're right, we can see this because of the gift of slow motion. And either way he was clearly going for a kill shot, if he felt bad about it afterwards that's the wrong time to consider such things.

In other words...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a neat cape posted:

Josh Lambo
Younghoe Koo
Nick Novak
Drew Kaser
Travis Coons
Nick Rose
Thanks for Josh Lambo! He is like 19/20 so far for the Jaguars.

BlindSite posted:

This wasn't even as bad as the juju hit and no where near the intent.
lmao :frogout:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

a new study bible! posted:

During the Seahawks game, Carson Wentz got destroyed on a blindside hit by an LB that jumped offsides before the snap and nobody did poo poo. Refs should have blown the play dead.

Hitting a ball carrier is different than blocking.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't get the punishments. Why was that worth 2 games but Gronk only 1 game? I thought Gronk's hit was much worse considering the play was over and it was clear he was trying to hurt him. I'm all for suspending players a bunch of games for blatant cheap shots like that but show some loving consistency.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Niwrad posted:

I don't get the punishments. Why was that worth 2 games but Gronk only 1 game? I thought Gronk's hit was much worse considering the play was over and it was clear he was trying to hurt him. I'm all for suspending players a bunch of games for blatant cheap shots like that but show some loving consistency.

Repeat offender?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Niwrad posted:

Ground is a star who should have gotten 4 games and an indictment for aggravated assault. Thomas is a repeat offender nobody and the league is trying to look like it cares, 2 games appealed down to one. Burn down the NFL is my point here.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Will be reduced to one game after the appeal I reckon. The Gronk thing has killed any semblance of consistency. If you can get up and obliterate a guy after the play is long dead and only get one game, poo poo, I fear what it would take to get more than that. Three rolling German suplexes followed by a standing shooting star press?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Michael Bennett got nothing for rolling into an o-lineman’s knees, repeatedly, after the whistle.

Star treatment is real.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If the Steelers weren't on the schedule I would bet my life Gronk would have gotten 2 games.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Vikings Jags super bowl please

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Keith Atherton posted:

Vikings Jags super bowl please

Same, but Panthers.

The 1996 Expansion bowl will happen, just two decades late!

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
What has been the longest suspension given (pre and post appeal, for completeness) that has been given for unnecessary roughness/cheap hits?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Coolwhoami posted:

What has been the longest suspension given (pre and post appeal, for completeness) that has been given for unnecessary roughness/cheap hits?

Donte Stallworth was suspended a whole year for his hit.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/942978175616684033

Comments are mostly "someone can pay me 6500 a week to sleep in a car" and the rest are "but job security!!!"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coolwhoami posted:

If you count bounties as an on field infraction 1 year. If you don't Haynesworth's stomp got 5 games, which I think is the longest.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

algebra testes posted:

Comments are mostly "someone can pay me 6500 a week to sleep in a car" and the rest are "but job security!!!"

I'd argue that you should invest in a decent sleeping spot to guarantee that you are able to perform at peak levels as an athlete.

Oh and the numbers in that story are misleading, given that 6500 a week work out to about 104,000 a year if we go by 16 game weeks.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

algebra testes posted:

The cost of living in Jacksonville ain't that drat high, bro.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I agree. I am trying to find a reasoned response to this, and it is something like "you should probably not buy a house considering job security, but perhaps living in a car is sub optimal for a pro athelete.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Doesn’t seem too ridiculous. You can get cut from the practice squad at any time. Those savings could come in handy if you’ve invested your whole life into football and don’t have much to fall back on.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Jon Bois covered this in the Randell Cunningham "Pretty Good" episode.

Pretty lovely SS so apologies but it basically sums up how an American on $25k from mid 20s to retirement (In the 80s) usually ends up in a better position than an NFL Player on 250k from the same era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844046

thanks i'll take your responses off the air

• Locked thread