Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

God dammit the worst Broncos team ever can't even lose out properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Losing out on a top 5 pick sucks, OTOH Deshaun Watson

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

Losing out on a top 5 pick sucks, OTOH Deshaun Watson

The Texans are going to be monsters next year if everybody recovers from injury properly. Gonna be so fun to watch them!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Texans are going to be monsters next year if everybody recovers from injury properly. Gonna be so fun to watch them!

Maybe. The offensive line and the secondary are both atrocious and neither is affected by injury

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

I swear to God if Pagano pulls 2 wins out of his rear end, I will riot.

You know we'll beat the Texans week 17, just gotta hope they can pull out a loss against the Ravens.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Teams not losing right is the worst thing.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I hope the Buccaneers tank for draft pick on Sunday full-bore so I can enjoy Week 17 without worrying about a playoff spot for the Panthers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cash Monet posted:

Teams not losing right is the worst thing.

I dunno, unless you're going to get a top like 2 or 3 pick, the difference in ranking is fairly irrelevant. Like someone posted recently about a team dropping from 9th to 12th and that's like... a 4th round draft pick in value. Win some games, prove you got pieces that aren't trash.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
value for trade seems about right

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/942822313334136832

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Those cheese sticks gross me out

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

And too much of both will make you sick.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Of the 10 top TEs in the league currently I doubt any were drafted in the 1st round. It just seems like a position the NFL overall hasn't figured out how to scout. I know at least that Ozzie Newsome was high as a kite on Ebron, so we lucked out pretty hard when the Lions jumped on him before the Ravens could.

E: Okay, so Engram is doing better this year than I'd thought.

Current leaders by yards at TE 1st round picks bolded.

1. Gronk
2. Kelce
3. Ertz
4. Engram
5. Graham
6. Rudolph
7.Walker
8. Brate
9.Henry
10.Witten

Your order isn't quite right but it seems a lot in the top 10 are still taken in the first 3 rounds. More in 2/3, probably because it's not a highly coveted position.

1. Gronk (r2p10)
2. Kelce (r3p1)
3. Walker (r6)
4. Ertz (r2p3)
5. Engram (r1p23)
6. Cook (r3p25)
7. Doyle (UDFA)
8. V. Davis (r1p6)
9) Henry (r2p4)
10) Rudolph (r2p11)

So only 20% taken outside the first 3 rounds. If you keep going Witten (3rd), Brate (UDFA), Ebron (1st), Graham (3rd) continues the trend.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gronk would have been a first if not for his injury history

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hunter Henry owns.

Please retire, Gates

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Couldn't the first down marker have a garage door sensor on either side and if the ball breaks the laser it's a 1st down?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mean, it's funny because spotting the ball is super subjective to begin with, especially from the bottom of a pile

Being super precise with your measurements when it's that close is worthless because who knows where the ball really should be anyway

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The outer skin of the ball should have a mesh sensor netting that triggers the stadiums fireworks whenever any part of the ball breaks the plane of the endzone.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
OK instead of that, make the Skycam mandatory because it rules.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Your order isn't quite right but it seems a lot in the top 10 are still taken in the first 3 rounds. More in 2/3, probably because it's not a highly coveted position.

1. Gronk (r2p10)
2. Kelce (r3p1)
3. Walker (r6)
4. Ertz (r2p3)
5. Engram (r1p23)
6. Cook (r3p25)
7. Doyle (UDFA)
8. V. Davis (r1p6)
9) Henry (r2p4)
10) Rudolph (r2p11)

So only 20% taken outside the first 3 rounds. If you keep going Witten (3rd), Brate (UDFA), Ebron (1st), Graham (3rd) continues the trend.

Olsen has only played in 3 ish games this year. He was a first.

Thanks Chicago!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

how many great tight end based offenses are there in college anyway?

It seems like the college game has mostly gone to spread offenses, which is why the NFL is loaded with tons of guys who are insanely good with the ball in space now, but giant freaks of nature are as rare as ever.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/942857635396767746

Good; fines aren't cutting it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Reminder that Gronk only got one game

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gronk is just boys being boys you know how boys are.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Who did Gronk hit?

Now who did Davis hit?

Who else hit who Davis hit?

How many games did he get?

:discourse:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Seeing people defend that hit on twitter and Zach Brown's comments is just wild. They fully admit to just not giving a gently caress about player safety.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

It seems like the college game has mostly gone to spread offenses, which is why the NFL is loaded with tons of guys who are insanely good with the ball in space now, but giant freaks of nature are as rare as ever.

I don't watch a ton of college ball anymore, but Notre Dame really featured the TE when they had Rudolph and Eifert and Niklas.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

His mistake was apologizing

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jimmy G might not be Matt Cassel guys

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/942858663202566144

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still maintain that the Texans didn't go QB in the second round because they expected Jimmy G to be there in the third, and that Belichick took him as a "Welcome to the big job, son" message to BoB since the Patriots had no reason to go QB in the second round

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Jimmy G might not be Matt Cassel guys

I like Waldman's breakdown of his throwing motion.

https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/942826497508888576

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who's #11? If he makes any effort to block at all that's a TD

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Man I miss Kyle and some of his play designs. So much fun.

Intruder, google tells me that is Marquise Goodwin.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

College tight ends now are separating further into "actual lineman" and "really huge wr" archetypes so you have to pick one and develop the other skill or just say gently caress it and turn the huge wr tight end into an actual wr. there's no point drafting an obviously fatally flawed player in the first round

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Who's #11? If he makes any effort to block at all that's a TD

Marquise Goodwin, 5'9" 180lbs. Not really his forte.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Marquise Goodwin, 5'9" 180lbs. Not really his forte.

All he had to do was kind of get in #25's way so the dude who had the ball (lol I don't know any of their names) could go down the sideline for an easy 6, but instead he turned and ran down the field for... reasons?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Blitz7x posted:

The outer skin of the ball should have a mesh sensor netting that triggers the stadiums fireworks whenever any part of the ball breaks the plane of the endzone.

Constantly x-ray the entire field so we can always view an image of the ball through the players. They can bear a smidge of radiation so we can always have accurate first downs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Street rules. If it's dope as gently caress it counts.

For first downs I think we should just use weapons grade GPS systems, just in case we need to destroy the Raiders from orbit.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

All he had to do was kind of get in #25's way so the dude who had the ball (lol I don't know any of their names) could go down the sideline for an easy 6, but instead he turned and ran down the field for... reasons?

Most 49ers fans don't know them, either. My dad, a lifelong Niners fan, literally has to ask me who "that #XX guy" is every time I talk to him.

It's Kendrick Bourne, UDFA, and college teammate of Cooper Kupp. I think Quise was trying to provide a moving screen for him, but Bourne didn't realize it and tried to cut back? I dunno, but it turned out okay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

College tight ends now are separating further into "actual lineman" and "really huge wr" archetypes so you have to pick one and develop the other skill or just say gently caress it and turn the huge wr tight end into an actual wr. there's no point drafting an obviously fatally flawed player in the first round

Missouri has a redshirt freshman tight end that actually does tight end things in a super up tempo spread offense. It's weird, and if he has a pulse I bet he gets drafted at some point just for that (assuming they keep using him that way).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Sorry Ross. Hunter Henry has a lacerated kidney. :(

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/942870774662254592

• Locked thread