Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
God damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Chargers.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Are... the bills actually gonna make the playoffs????

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Are... the bills actually gonna make the playoffs????

Here's the cheat sheet! https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/2017-buffalo-bills-path-to-playoffs-cheat-sheet

The upcoming game in Miami seems exponentially more important than this week's game against the Patriots, for whatever reason.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

I like Waldman's breakdown of his throwing motion.

https://twitter.com/MattWaldman/status/942826497508888576

remember during the lead up to the draft when scouts were talking poo poo about Garoppolo because his throwing motion was too quick

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ProducerKyle/status/942834170967023622

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Richardson is out of the picture with the Panthers
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21807683/tina-becker-becomes-carolina-panthers-coo-day-day-control

quote:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Tina Becker was named the chief operating officer of the Carolina Panthers on Monday, taking team owner and founder Jerry Richardson out of the day-to-day management of the organization.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I have to say I'm extremely surprised at how quickly Richardson stepped aside

Compare this to Donald Sterling

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

remember during the lead up to the draft when scouts were talking poo poo about Garoppolo because his throwing motion was too quick

There is no such thing as too quick for a throwing motion as long as you are able to put zip on the ball?

I guess release point could be a thing but in that case the problem is release point, not the speed of the delivery.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I do not understand. You are a multibillionaire. You can afford to hire a literal scouting team for women who ate DTF you and pay their airfare. poo poo you hve enough money to make the women do a combine for the privilege. Instead youre leering at women in jeans like a run of the mill grocery hobo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's scary :stare:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

I have to say I'm extremely surprised at how quickly Richardson stepped aside

Compare this to Donald Sterling

It's a seller's market for teams right now because of the impending TV bubble popping for sports. I'm pretty sure it's more "get out while you still can" as opposed to any sort of altruism.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Now we have to start Antonio Gates ugh

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Barudak posted:

I do not understand. You are a multibillionaire. You can afford to hire a literal scouting team for women who ate DTF you and pay their airfare. poo poo you hve enough money to make the women do a combine for the privilege. Instead youre leering at women in jeans like a run of the mill grocery hobo.

It's about power and privilege, not really sex. It's the same basic reason nominally straight dudes teabag other dudes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Becker has been doing a lot of repping for the team at league meetings etc for a while now. Logical choice.

Richardson stepping down so quick isnt weird to me. He has always been a protect the shield owner so while he's a huge piece of poo poo he probably realises its best for the league and team to gtfo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Richardson stepping down so quick isnt weird to me. He has always been a protect the shield owner so while he's a huge piece of poo poo he probably realises its best for the league and team to gtfo.

Seems more likely to me that he's terrified of things going to court and coming out in discovery about himself than any thought for the good it will do the NFL.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

There is no such thing as too quick for a throwing motion as long as you are able to put zip on the ball?

I guess release point could be a thing but in that case the problem is release point, not the speed of the delivery.

I think I remember comparisons to Akili Smith but don't quote me on that

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think that horse bas bolted when every outlet is reporting it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nah he will be making money from the NFL for life so while you’re right to assume selfishness he has a vested interest in protecting the league.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers cut Travis Coons and signed Nick Rose.

I don't know who that is

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a neat cape posted:

Chargers cut Travis Coons and signed Nick Rose.

I don't know who that is

He was with the 49ers in preseason. Looked good, only reason he didn’t stick was because of Robbie Gould.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How many kickers did the Chargers run through?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

How many kickers did the Chargers run through?

Josh Lambo
Younghoe Koo
Nick Novak
Drew Kaser
Travis Coons
Nick Rose

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Diqnol posted:

Nah he will be making money from the NFL for life so while you’re right to assume selfishness he has a vested interest in protecting the league.

How much longer does he realistically have? Dude's in pretty poor health, no?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
News:

From Marvin Lewis's presser today:

quote:

Lewis didn’t make an overwhelming plea to make a return to Cincinnati happen.

In fact, when asked if he wanted to be back with the Bengals next year, he offered: “Imma coach football.”

When pressed again if he wants to coach football for the Bengals, Lewis kept it simple, if uninspired.

“Sure,” he said.

Via:

https://twitter.com/Enquirer/status/942904094657732608

Views: I'm dead.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This woman was a cheerleader in 95, became Topcats Coordinator in 1999, and from there worked her way up the organization.

She's p cool.

https://twitter.com/LibbyWeihsmann/status/942876061142011905

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 19, 2017

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Is there only one lady in the top row there or is my geometry all hosed up

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Missouri has a redshirt freshman tight end that actually does tight end things in a super up tempo spread offense. It's weird, and if he has a pulse I bet he gets drafted at some point just for that (assuming they keep using him that way).
I think the Offense is gonna change, so probably not.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
N: Thomas Davis suspended two games

V: Not enough.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Guys are only suspended 2 games so when they appeal they still get 1 hth

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

thrilla in vanilla posted:

News:

From Marvin Lewis's presser today:

Via:

https://twitter.com/Enquirer/status/942904094657732608

Views: I'm dead.

amazing

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I didn't see it live but the Davis hit is worse than JuJu v Burfict imo, though it'd feel right if Gronk had gotten 2 games because his hit was not part of a regular play aka a real chickenshit move

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abugadu posted:

Should be one game if that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Abugadu posted:

Tae has had 3 concussions in a bit over a year. He's going to get hugely paid and he deserves every last penny but I'm really worried we'll have another Sam Shields situation on our hands soon if these defenders keep on taking shots to his head.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

BlindSite posted:

Should be one game if that.

But Davis is a Repeat Piece of poo poo, who did this, please note the absolute lack of any attempt to use arms or things other than his helmet aimed directly at the back of Adams' helmet:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ilT...6201/adam.0.gif

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Abugadu posted:

But Davis is a Repeat Piece of poo poo, who did this, please note the absolute lack of any attempt to use arms or things other than his helmet aimed directly at the back of Adams' helmet:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ilT...6201/adam.0.gif

Oh gently caress off, he lead with his shoulder for a start the head contact was incidental he was obviously heart broken on the sideline after.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Intentional or not, he blindsided a defenseless player.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah so a one game suspension is fair enough.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BlindSite posted:

Oh gently caress off, he lead with his shoulder for a start the head contact was incidental he was obviously heart broken on the sideline after.

Come on man, he earholed Adams. "Incidental contact"?

I've seen tacklers lead with their shoulders, Davis wasn't leading with his shoulder at all. If anything he was just trying to run straight through Adams instead of block him.

Here's another blindside block, which are bad and players are bad for making them, and this is what leading with the shoulder looks like when you end up still nailing someone in the head:

This, is not:

https://twitter.com/MikeCianciolo/status/942482649968467968

This is how you block someone who isn't looking at you:

edit: replaced still images with video:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

BlindSite posted:

That's a weird lookin shoulder.

• Locked thread