Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can't wait for Trump to buy the NFL network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Its Rinaldo posted:

A+ Thread Title would read again
Agreed.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, maybe uncomfortable to talk about but the reality is that Shazier was critical to any hopes the Steelers had of slowing down the Patriots passing game.

e: I actually think the Steelers might win this one, setting up heartbreak in Steelerland when the 2017 AFCCG turns out exactly the same as the 2016 AFCCG

Patriots going to lose out and miss the playoffs. That's still possible right?

Spoeank is back with the Week 15 NFL Power Rankings. Denver is back on the list! We no longer think Clemson is better.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Bigass Moth posted:

I just don't get these people, not just the football players, but all the politicians, actors, and so on who are getting busted or accused. They're famous, have money, generally good looking or in shape (at least he athletes) but still corner women and pull their dicks out? How hard is it to find a horny single in your area on Tinder? I guess it becomes more about power than sex at some point.

Also remember that since high school these guys have been captain of the football team, drilling cheerleaders and the homecoming queen, have had their pick of women going into college and throughout their careers, so they're used to sticking it in any hole they come across.

I'm surprised there aren't more of these cases at this point.

How 'rapey' do you think guys like Magic and Wilt Chamberlain were? Think of all the people accused of this poo poo in the past like Big Ben, Favre...

nah
Mar 16, 2009

i guess the NFL Network poo poo is like the least surprising thing ever, but it still sucks. a bunch of former players who have literally never been around women in any sort of professional way their entire lives have no clue what to do with that new information and act like dumbasses. good riddance

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Look at that loving lightning bolt

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

piss tape israel posted:

Jesus Christ, the rabbit hole in that sexual harassment lawsuit is deep and might be the end of NFLN as we know it:

human beings are actual poo poo

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

pubic works project posted:

Lmao this happens on every team every game. It would drive my dad insane, but it's absolutely hilarious.

you're definitely not wrong, just frustrating to watch during a game where you needed (and probably could have had) about 10 more of those plays. guys were dropping coverage all night long, even on plays that seemed like slam dunks at the start. letting Cutler scramble out of the pocket and complete 15 yard passes to wide open targets isn't a sustainable gameplan, even against the loving dolphins

i'm loathe to admit it, but the guys on 98.5 were right this morning when they said that maybe Bill and the gang got caught looking a little too far ahead to Pittsburgh.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

human beings are actual poo poo

Sapp was right tho.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Sexually molest your heros before they molest you first, folks

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I'm honestly curious about his comment....was her office in the bathroom?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

you're definitely not wrong, just frustrating to watch during a game where you needed (and probably could have had) about 10 more of those plays. guys were dropping coverage all night long, even on plays that seemed like slam dunks at the start. letting Cutler scramble out of the pocket and complete 15 yard passes to wide open targets isn't a sustainable gameplan, even against the loving dolphins

i'm loathe to admit it, but the guys on 98.5 were right this morning when they said that maybe Bill and the gang got caught looking a little too far ahead to Pittsburgh.

nah they're wrong

Bill just got out coached by young coaching savant Adam Gase

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

nah they're wrong

Bill just got out coached by young coaching savant Adam Gase

Adam Gase is one of those guys who wears a baseball cap non-stop because he's going bald. Adam Gase is a coward.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jags defense and Saint offense :stare:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think if you show that graph to Jets fans before the season, they'd be ecstatic

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Packers have a respectable offense but a mediocre defense?

You don't say.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

iospace posted:

Packers have a respectable offense but a mediocre defense?

You don't say.

That's with 8 games of Hundley -- that position is going to shoot rightwards soon.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

The Lions' defense is godawful so I have some suspicions about the accuracy of this chart

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Guys, Jeff Fisher was fired one year ago today

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SKULL.GIF posted:

That's with 8 games of Hundley -- that position is going to shoot rightwards soon.

Those 8 games A. went by fast, and B. ended up better than I expected.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DariusLikewise posted:

Guys, Jeff Fisher was fired one year ago today

One year ago today, the Rams were a laughingstock, Goff was an all-around bust, and making the playoffs in the next few years was a pipe dream.

It's really mind-blowing just how bad of a coach he is.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol broncos

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh hey, no one posted quick reads; http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-14-quick-reads

There's a fun break down of snow games in it as well, shockingly Brady, Roethlisberger, Favre, Jay Cutler and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the only guys with significant pass attempts in snow games (Really, no Rodgers?)

Also, since he's been pretty anonymous, I feel this worth posting:

7. Mitch Trubisky: I don't know how many people were watching the Bears and Bengals, but those who tuned in saw the best game of Trubisky's young career. He really turned it on with about 10 minutes to go in the third quarter. At that point, Chicago was clinging to a 12-7 lead. But on the Bears' final five drives, he went 7-of-8 for 91 yards and a touchdown, plus a DPI for 1 more yard and another first down.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Naturally Selected posted:

One year ago today, the Rams were a laughingstock, Goff was an all-around bust, and making the playoffs in the next few years was a pipe dream.

Case Keenum and Nick Foles agree.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I like how the Broncos, Ravens and Jaguars are the three different levels of great defense.
rear end offense, Bad offense and Okay offense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And now Bears fans everywhere are clamoring for John Fox to be shown to be hopefully as lovely as Fisher.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Oh hey, no one posted quick reads; http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-14-quick-reads

There's a fun break down of snow games in it as well, shockingly Brady, Roethlisberger, Favre, Jay Cutler and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the only guys with significant pass attempts in snow games (Really, no Rodgers?)

7. Mitch Trubisky: I don't know how many people were watching the Bears and Bengals, but those who tuned in saw the best game of Trubisky's young career. He really turned it on with about 10 minutes to go in the third quarter. At that point, Chicago was clinging to a 12-7 lead. But on the Bears' final five drives, he went 7-of-8 for 91 yards and a touchdown, plus a DPI for 1 more yard and another first down.
Lol at Tomlinson being one of the leading rushers in snow games

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bortles at #4 :stare:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kalli posted:

Trubisky is legit good for a rookie QB. He still has those dumb rookie decisions in him, but his ability is fantastic an if the Bears get someone who know how to call plays, he's going to be solid as hell for them.

Him, Cohen and a coach who isnt 3 years past caring, and the Bears are a playoff team

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

man, now that you bring it up, I don't think the Packers have played in a legit snow game in years

Closest I can think of off the top of my head is the polar vortex game against the 49ers in.. 2013? where Kap ran all over the defense

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Athanatos posted:

Trubisky is legit good for a rookie QB. He still has those dumb rookie decisions in him, but his ability is fantastic an if the Bears get someone who know how to call plays, he's going to be solid as hell for them.

Him, Cohen and a coach who isnt 3 years past caring, and the Bears are a playoff team

Don't forget Jordan Howard. I'm still lovely that Grigson didn't take him in the 4th round.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

There's still the chance that what Goff is right now is his ceiling, but more then likely last year was a mulligan and right now is Goff's rookie season. He still looks like he needs another full offseason of McVay coaching him up, but the future looks bright.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

piss tape israel posted:

I've been doing it wrong all along

Go get cte and try again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Athanatos posted:

The Bears need some wide receivers that don't break their leg every year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I don't know how many people watched that game over Rams - Eagles, but Bortles was legit in that game.

I still don't believe in him at all, but for one game he flashed and had an excellent performance.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bob Morales posted:

Also remember that since high school these guys have been captain of the football team, drilling cheerleaders and the homecoming queen, have had their pick of women going into college and throughout their careers, so they're used to sticking it in any hole they come across.

I'm surprised there aren't more of these cases at this point.

How 'rapey' do you think guys like Magic and Wilt Chamberlain were? Think of all the people accused of this poo poo in the past like Big Ben, Favre...

kareem is the thinking mans basketball player

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

lmao at gabbert and mariota being the 35th and 36th worst qbs of the week

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a new study bible! posted:

I can't wait for Trump to buy the NFL network.

He couldn't afford it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

There's still the chance that what Goff is right now is his ceiling, but more then likely last year was a mulligan and right now is Goff's rookie season. He still looks like he needs another full offseason of McVay coaching him up, but the future looks bright.

There were some glaringly awful mechanics and footwork and other issues he still had early in the season, that were improved significantly by midseason. First year being a mulligan is probably accurate. Fisher had neither the ability nor willingness to coach up young QBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think Brady had a crap game last night. Floating passes that turn into interceptions & throwing at receivers’ feet are not how you win games. Defense seemed either slow or out of place, having to close down on angles to intercept Dolphins receivers.

Meanwhile the Steelers are keeping things close & are winning with last-second field goals. Rely on defensive stops, utilize Bell & Brown for offense. I feel that even if the Pats win next week, the Steelers are a better team & could easily make it to the Super Bowl.

• Locked thread