Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

this CORP.TAXCUT train is a wild ride. that being said if you're still feeling good about them not being able to pass it through (even with Rubio back on board) NO shares are selling for 17c right now.

edit: make that 13c

Make that 8c. You might try this as a flip play - buy at 8, sell at 10, etc. But it's passing next week so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Seems like today's the day. Just threw $3 more on the pyre because it's still 2017 and perhaps a couple Rs will drop dead before the final vote is tallied

Glad you ignored me, it seems. I went short on it too! Thanks for the thousand dollars, folks.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

Congrats everyone on another successful market. Hope no one got left holding the pointy end.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

Waiting on the end-of-year pennies.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Yeah that's the weird thing. He'll be the chair of the FOMC, but to serve as the chair of the FOMC means you're the chair of the Board of Governors! But that's before his swearing in on that!

It's madness!

Free advice: you are wrong about this. If you're holding long, I wouldn't. The reasons why have been debated ad nauseum, but suffice it to say the short holders are correct and I am max short Powell.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

and here i was excited for some new Predictions, but no.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I'm all in on the Mexican elections babeeeee

What you got? AMLO takes it unless Meade drops out.
EDIT for more context: I have seen some reports saying that one of the two right-wingers, Anaya or Meade, will drop out. I think it'd have to be Meade, to coalesce a blocking vote against AMLO. I should have bought AMLO early, and I regret flipping my Meade shorts so cheap - I thought Anaya might drop out, but no way at this point.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

Let's go anyone but Duque in Colombia!

I think the market is undervaluing a) the chance of a runoff election and b) the chance that second place will go to someone that isn't Petro.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

bawfuls posted:

with 13% reporting I look like a chump

you win some, you lose some.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

It turned out to be a bad take, but eh, still a good odea. I did the same bet on district 39, where folks seemed even more sure that the GOP candidate would finish first. As of today, it's currently within 2.5%, which is close but not quite close enough. Lots of votes to be counted (~33% still outstanding) and it was 3% apart after the election night, so it's been closing. If it was within maaaybe 1% it would have the potential to be an enormous windfall, as most of the users don't even realize the vote count in CA on election night is super preliminary.

I was on a similar thing with Fajardo in Chile. He was trading in the low single digits, 2-3c and turns out, he came within like 1.3% of placing second. If he had made second he would have won in the runoff.

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

My first m-m-m-mega wipe in a while: losing basically a double max on Chris G in Nevada. Was anticipating initial positive results for her, and some time before Clark came in. Got crushed before I could flip anything.

• Locked thread