Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i did not take any pics but i can say he is a good candidate and worth your support

highly lol that you’re in (from?)that part of the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

the goon candidate is here at this DSA meeting haha yes

it's really happening

yeah i was there. super cool to see you btw. andrew morris's responses to all the DSA people's questions were boring though. if i ever do a q&a i promise way more excitement and much shorter answers. it's cool to hang out with the DSA people because ive kinda ended up spending a lot of time with normie democrats lately. they're all super nice and helpful but nobody there is demanding free weed from the government

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

It's just Denton, is a relatively large suburb of Dallas.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Dallas was very disappointing when I was there

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Dallas sucks a lot, go to Fort Worth or Denton they're way cooler.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

dallas, denton, fort worth, austin, houston all stink. please move to one of the suburban towns in house district 63

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I was in Roanoke recently.

No.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Roanoke is ok, they got all the fuckin wacky food places you could want. Not much of a town though.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
lol

- sent from glorious people's republic of california

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

lol

- sent from glorious people's republic of california

yall still on fire lol

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Agean90 posted:

yall still on fire lol

We got mudslides and rain now.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

The Aardvark posted:

We got mudslides and rain now.

lol

- sent from the part of the glorious people's republic of california which hasn't had that poo poo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

lol

- sent from the part of the glorious people's republic of california which hasn't had that poo poo

??? so its the part thats still on fire

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

slouch posted:

dallas, denton, fort worth, austin, houston all stink. please move to one of the suburban towns in house district 63

Yikes you've just lost my internet vote. (suburbs are the worst and should be destroyed as part of a 50 state strategy)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

the goon candidate is here at this DSA meeting haha yes

it's really happening

:hellyeah:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

from the facebook page

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

from the facebook page

I am for the other guy now

death to the goon candidate

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i refuse to believe that dick wolf executive produced that image

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Comrayn posted:

I am for the other guy now

death to the goon candidate

rip me.

just got done with my dallas morning news editorial board interview. they asked me enough times how i would plan to pay for things that i doubt i will get their endorsement lol.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
^^what were your answers, out of interest? (forgive me if I've missed a website or something)

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

slouch posted:

rip me.

just got done with my dallas morning news editorial board interview. they asked me enough times how i would plan to pay for things that i doubt i will get their endorsement lol.

Did you say eat the rich over and over, there's really only one right answer to this.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

El Grillo posted:

^^what were your answers, out of interest? (forgive me if I've missed a website or something)

theres a voters guide questionnaire thing coming out soon that pretty much covers everything they asked.

as for "how will i pay for things" i talked about raising the state franchise tax, oil and gas production tax, and establishing a state level estate tax to cover the gap left by the new federal estate tax law. they asked me about that because i told them that my answer to dealing with poverty and welfare in the state included "... just giving people money." without means testing or work requirements or other bullshit

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

slouch posted:

while this tragic crime occurred outside my district, i do feel for the loss of the victim. i do not want us to miss the forest for the trees, however. the big crime here is Wizard's of the Coast artificially raising the "value" of their cards for the purpose of selling more gambling-style booster packs to children. i would gladly serve on a committee to find productive solutions to this issue that satisfy industry needs while still protecting consumers.

I liked this part.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ruzihm posted:

from the facebook page

you're p cute op

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Jose posted:

you're p cute op

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Jose posted:

you're p cute op

Look, we all know the op is handsome, that is not in dispute, that is why we gave him $20 or whatever.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you

go be this dude
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/12/how-to-turn-red-state-blue-purple-alaska-politics-2018-216304

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Don't go bald

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

im like 90% there i just have to win the election and this will be me. also i didnt go to yale

also i'm filing my first campaign finance report today and holy crap some of yall who donated are like, really smart and well employed people. makes me wonder what brain disease made you think to donate to me. thanks a bunch to everyone by the way

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

slouch posted:

im like 90% there i just have to win the election and this will be me. also i didnt go to yale

also i'm filing my first campaign finance report today and holy crap some of yall who donated are like, really smart and well employed people. makes me wonder what brain disease made you think to donate to me. thanks a bunch to everyone by the way

this is the secret about these dead comedy forums
we were all computer touchers and nerdlords before and now computer touchers and nerdlords make the figgies
a fact which the lowtax-form does not understand

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

slouch posted:

daww you are too kind :kiddo:

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Where do you stand on the consolidation of data centers?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ruzihm posted:

from the facebook page
can confirm he looks like that. somewhat che guevara like in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbHZ4JDx8eQ

ScrubLeague posted:

Roanoke is ok, they got all the fuckin wacky food places you could want. Not much of a town though.
i can back this up because ScrubLeague has taken me to eat fuckin wacky food in Roanoke. It was pretty good IMO

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Richard Wolf of Flower Mound is a 23-year-old college dropout who lives at home with his parents and says he's never held a job for more than a few months and "never paid taxes." Nevertheless, he's quick to outline which taxes (paid by others) he'd increase to pay for his favorite programs. We suspect residents in this district would prefer somebody with a bit of life experience who can complete a questionnaire without resorting to profanities or boasts that he "will be the best legislator of all time."

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/2018/01/18/no-recommendation-democratic-primary-statehouse-district-63
This district voted for Trump, so the Dallas Morning News clearly doesn't know what it's talking about. But the Dallas Morning News having no idea what it's talking about is not unusual.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
well he's got my vote

i'm going to illegally vote in a primary for a party i'm not a member of in a district i don't live

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

hell yea

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
boasting that you’re going to be the best legislator of all time proves that you truly understand the post-escalator era.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague posted:

i'm going to illegally vote in a primary for a party i'm not a member of in a district i don't live

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its s ahem u didnt run as dick wolf and on a law and order platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I cannot in good conscience vote for a candidate without the endorsement of the Dallas Morning News.

• Locked thread