Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

slouch posted:

hi yall it looks like i have definitively lost really badly. this is an extremely regrettable outcome in my opinion. i appreciate all the support i have had from my poster friends along the way. i will do a more complete post script to the race tomorrow. it was overall a good experience and now i at least know that Texas is an irredeemable shithole with bad taste

This post sounds very melancholy but it should not be. Really.

Texas is trending bluer and you have been a piece of the reasons for that.

You have stood up.

You have taken action.

You have made a difference.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
without question or pause
To be willing to march
into hell for a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
to this glorious quest
that my heart will be peaceful and calm
when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this,
that one man scorned and covered with scars
still strove with his last ounce of courage.
To fight the unbeatable foe.
To reach the unreachable star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

dickwolf I'm sorry to hear about the depressing turns of events. I still say there was nothing embarrassing about your campaign, not even the loss margin. You've got a level head and that's a good analysis. Thanks again for fighting the good fight.

• Locked thread