Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Imagine hating the Beatles

It's easy if you try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
pfff not liking the beatles is the most contrarian assholey poo poo opinion of all time like yeah you have a huge chip on your shoulder about people liking things gtfo you big sourpuss

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
If only it was possible to like the Beatles without asserting that they were the best.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

cda posted:

If only it was possible to like the Beatles without asserting that they were the best.

"What do you think about the Beatles?"

"They're pretty good"

"What!? They're the best! Did you know they invented rock and roll!?"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My main email address is probably close to 20 years old and it's a Paperback Writer reference.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Auritech posted:

Also I love Tomorrow Never Knows all day every day

its by far one of their absolute best songs

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I love the Beatles and hate John Lennon

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's
Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" is the best solo release of the Beatles. To whoever said none of them put out a decent solo.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Plastic Ono Band/John Lennon owns

Also Yoko’s sister record to it owns too

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

cda posted:

Post any Beatles performance that's as good as this.

Were the Beatles known to be amazing showmen, though? Seems like you’re comparing apples to oranges here. You’d have to compare James Brown to The Who or The Doors if you want an apt comparison.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’d be willing to say Jim Morrison was a better frontman than James Brown honestly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Omnitrix posted:

Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" is the best solo release of the Beatles. To whoever said none of them put out a decent solo.

Got My Mind Set On You cover was pretty good. I remember seeing the video on MTV when it came out and I loved the taxidermy animals moving around.

He also had some great songs that he wrote with the Beatles. Taxman, Here Comes the Sun, Something, While My Guitar Gently Weeps which was just epic.

I think Something might be my favorite Beatles "love song."

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
Not like I want to suck off John Lennon's corpse or anything, but the Beatles were together for 8 years, only touring during the first 4. Try and name any other group that had the same level of output and artistic influence over such a short period.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll take the initiative and suck off John Lennon's corpse.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

facebook jihad posted:

I’d be willing to say Jim Morrison was a better frontman than James Brown honestly.

That's so crazy that I respect it.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Pube Factory posted:

Not like I want to suck off John Lennon's corpse or anything, but the Beatles were together for 8 years, only touring during the first 4. Try and name any other group that had the same level of output and artistic influence over such a short period.

I wanna play joke and say Ugly Kid Joe but people actually think they're good nowdays so idk fuc

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Hello I'm an English "rock critic"

Zeppelin, Deep Purple, McCartney? Sucks, bland, predictable

Temptations or Four Tops in matching suits and loving cabaret dance steps? BEST MUSIC OF ALL TIME

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Pube Factory posted:

one time i was off my face on acid and i was in the middle of downtown playing the bongo with a guy on a guitar he had hooked up to a karaoke machine we dumpstered while wearing halves of a globe on our heads.

Greatest musical act of our generation

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My main email address is probably close to 20 years old and it's a Paperback Writer reference.

You're the dirty man, aren't you?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the guitar line in Norwegian Wood pisses me off for absolutely no rational reason. I hate listening to it. but the idea of burning down someone's house because they were....a lovely date?? a lovely prostitute?? idk but it's an interesting concept to tackle in a song

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Can we just agree Pink Floyd owns all these bands?

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Willie Nelson

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

cda posted:

"If the cop honestly felt that this was a young black man (as politically incorrect as it sounds, this is the most violent category of people in the USA) aiming a gun at him, the cop can hardly be blamed for shooting first." - The same guy that wrote the thing you quoted.

If you really loved black men so much you would agree with that statement. Being politically correct will not solve the problem. Each of us (regardless of skin color) has the same reaction when meeting a group of young black males in a narrow alley at night. That is a wildly different reaction than when meeting a group of, say, young Indians. The Indians are most likely software engineers who never committed a crime and have a high credit score.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Ted Adorno did nothing wrong

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Seaniqua posted:

Revolver is my favorite The Beatles album

That's because it's objectively the best Beatles album. Sort of like Sticky Fingers for the Rolling Stones.

facebook jihad posted:

Can we just agree Pink Floyd owns all these bands? Also some crap about the Doors

Are you a 17 year old teenage boy in the suburbs lmao, these bands are trash. Jim Morrison better than James Brown? The Popcorn alone is superior to The Doors entire lovely discography

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 15, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pivotal Lever posted:

Are you a 17 year old teenage boy in the suburbs lmao, these bands are trash. Jim Morrison better than James Brown? The Popcorn alone is superior to The Doors entire lovely discography

Not emptyquoting.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeE18XTFCnA
proclick

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

help was churned out to promote a movie

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pivotal Lever posted:

That's because it's objectively the best Beatles album. Sort of like Sticky Fingers for the Rolling Stones.

Well to be fair I haven’t listened to this old poo poo since I was like 17 so yeah I guess so.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

facebook jihad posted:

Well to be fair I haven’t listened to this old poo poo since I was like 17 so yeah I guess so.

Its all good, just click the popcorn youtube link and enjoy some James Brown instrumentals :slick:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Pivotal Lever posted:

Lol you think sticky fingers is the best Rolling STones album and you have some weird James Brown fetish not sure which is worse honestly

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Harakiri Potter posted:

You're the dirty man, aren't you?

Far less clever. It's basically Paperback Writer just spelled in a different way. It used to be my favorite Beatles song when I was maybe 12 or so.

Oddly, since I've grown older I've started liking their later stuff more and more. They did so much in just <10 years in time.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

As a huge Beatles enthusiast. This so hard.

Seriously, though, it's track arrangement. The back half of each album are quite similar in style, but RS had... well wait now I'm wondering if you're talking about the us or british releases. On the american version, the Juxtaposition of Baby you can drive my car, Nowhere man, Norwegian wood, and you won't see me reallay expanded the room-of-sound's corners.

Help! was just going in order from the film. No thought.

OH, wasn't Help the last one they toured with? Or was that RS? a 5 month release schedule becomes way longer if you're not writing poo poo on the tour bus an hour a day.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 15, 2017

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Link Wray is the most underrated guitarist of all time, sad to see the hipster retards not mention him or even the classical “but what about Chuck Berry???” you usually see in discussions about The Beatles

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Val Kilmer is a better Jim Morrison than Jim Morrison.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I've just seen a face is my all time fav Beatles song

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Oasis was better than the Beatles.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Pug Rodeo posted:

Oasis was better than the Beatles.

i like beck

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Best Rolling Stones album is Satanic Majesty’s Request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Art comes in it’s own time OP. I think over a year passed between cucky pizzone and huge green grape.

• Locked thread