Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
good thread concept

the last game i played was heroes of might and magic 3, which i'm going to give an extremely accurate 89/100. it's one of the most unique strategy games i've ever played, even compared to other games in the same series, because of how broken magic is. most games try to have some semblance of balance between offensive options and defensive options, but heroes 3 completely trashed defensive play with the introduction of the spells Town Gate and Dimension Door, which allow a sufficiently leveled hero to travel the length of even the largest map sizes in a single turn. this turns the late game in big maps into total chaos, with all of the remaining players having gigantically overpowered heroes that can take multiple castles per day. you have to whittle them down with gimmicks like sending weak heroes in just to cast armageddon and then run away dozens of times, or capturing key enemy castles on the first day of a week just to buy out their stock and deprive them of resources.

playing against the AI is fun because although there are plenty of ways to exploit bad AI decisionmaking, it's possible to stack the odds hugely against yourself to keep the challenge up. all in all it's greatly fun but i wish it had come out a bit later with a way to set up online games more easily

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Downwell - sp 69/100
downwell was pretty short but that still seems like a low score to me, i found it to be really well designed for what it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU