Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The last game I played (taking this literally) that wasn't on my phone was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

As someone who has been playing Mario Kart since the 90s with MK 64 I think this is easily the best Mario Kart ever. The course selection is incredibly varied and considering it contains all the DLC from the Wii U it's great. Three different Rainbow Roads to choose from! (My boyfriend doesn't like Rainbow Road but gently caress him.) There are a ton of racers too and they've fixed the battle mode. Basically this is the number one best local multiplayer game on the Switch. I've played a ton of it but a cheaty thing to do is to make the game play itself to unlock things if you are sad and lonely and only see your P2 a few times a week. (Or if you don't have a P2.) Thanks to smart steering and auto acceleration and automatically having two joy-cons, you too can cheat your way to unlocking all the parts! Smart steering and auto acceleration are also great if you have young offspring or nieces and nephews to entertain.

Overall I give it a 94/100. I don't know what MP and SP stand for.

The last game I played on my phone was Animal Crossing Pocket Camp!

This game is a fun time waster for anybody that loves Animal Crossing and will be completely boring to anybody who doesn't. You can set your own goals like trying to make a creepy murder camp or get all the seasonal items before they expire but there's really nothing telling you what to do. It's nice that the game just throws the premium cash at you so you don't have to shell out if you don't want to but you may find yourself accidentally spending it to complete an item or something when you have insufficient materials because the game is not very clear about stopping you from doing that. Completing all the requests can be boring or it can be relaxing, it really just depends on what kind of person you are and if you like Animal Crossing. It does have some neat ideas like Honey and Fishing Nets which I would like to see incorporated into the next full version of the game but in the end you are just left hoping that Nintendo announces that version very soon!

73/100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU