Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Titanfall 2 - sp 87/100 ; mp 94/100

no need to elaborate but goddamn this reminds me how great tf2's multiplayer was / is. was obsessed with it for a good long while, zipping around from building to building like a maniac.

finished with the christmas break so heres some Switch games i have played a lot of in the last month:

Overcooked - sp N/A mp 85/100
Doom - sp 95/100 mp 60/100
Enter the Gungeon - sp 75/100 mp 80/100
Tallowmere - sp N/A mp 80/100
Splatoon 2 - sp 75/100 mp 99/100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ashes also has Friede, aka the best boss fight in dark souls 3

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

CowboyAndy posted:

Mega Man X [Snes]: After playing most of the classic mega man games, this is the first X game I've played. Overall, it was a lot of fun. Finding secret stat upgrades was fun, and levels were all great to play through. I really liked how playing, and beating, certain stages would change other stages.

4 out of 5 - it's got me excited to play the rest of the X series when the X collection comes out this year.

Donkey Kong Country 1 [Snes]: This is the first time I've played a Donkey Kong Country game, and it was also awesome. With the emphasis on momentum, this is feels like the closest thing to Sonic on the SNES.

4 out of 5 - I already started playing DKC2.

man i wish i was you, experiencing MMX and DKC for the first time. both great games although i truly believe DKC2 is as close to perfect as a snes game gets.

the snes classic really is just a GOOD GAME machine

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

clone on the phone posted:

Can someone explain the GxFx system?

i think its a VideoGames original system -

g = game, from a technical point of view. is it well designed, have good art direction, sound design etc
f = fun. is it actually fun to play aka the real measurement

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

okay so i just finished the main game of Celeste - G5F5

a really, really great game. i am sure there's gonna be other people posting thoughts over the next month but for me this is the definitive masochist platformer, simply because that's not all it is.

whereas meat boy and others take a delight in "kicking you while you're down", celeste is ballbreakingly fair. every death is by your own hand and the game just keeps encouraging you. "you can do it!" it says, and suddenly some kaizo mario horseshit becomes totally feasible for klutzes like me.

music is great, but the real highlight are the incredible platforming mechanics. its weird that any 2D platform game could still pack a punch in 2018 but here we are. the controls are perfect, every motion has weight and grace in equal measure. technically this game is what platformers should aspire to be.

others have gushed about the story, and i enjoyed it at the start, but eventually i sort of just wanted to get to the summit. its fine if you want a story about mental illness and depression but my real life has enough of that so id rather just skip it and get to the game. thankfully theres more than enough game.

so all up its one of the best platforming games ive ever played and everyone should enioy it!!! GAMES!!!!!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

games i have played real quick:

Dishonored 2 Death of the Outsider: G3F3
Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus: G3F2
Dark Souls old XB360 vanilla edition: G3F5
Agatha Christie's The ABC Murders: G4F3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - G5F4

great, great game that only started wearing thin about the same time that i achieved 100%. i didn't get stuck into hard mode, because the death cycle / respawn animation and the levels felt too long, rather than fun.