Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Mega Man X [Snes]: After playing most of the classic mega man games, this is the first X game I've played. Overall, it was a lot of fun. Finding secret stat upgrades was fun, and levels were all great to play through. I really liked how playing, and beating, certain stages would change other stages.

4 out of 5 - it's got me excited to play the rest of the X series when the X collection comes out this year.

Donkey Kong Country 1 [Snes]: This is the first time I've played a Donkey Kong Country game, and it was also awesome. With the emphasis on momentum, this is feels like the closest thing to Sonic on the SNES.

4 out of 5 - I already started playing DKC2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

man i wish i was you, experiencing MMX and DKC for the first time. both great games although i truly believe DKC2 is as close to perfect as a snes game gets.

the snes classic really is just a GOOD GAME machine

Awesome! DKC2 has been a lot of fun - I'm glad I was able to grab a snes classic, since I was a sega kid growing up. Lots of good games on the genesis, but now it's fun to dive into the SNES.

Are there any platformers or action platformers I should try for the SNES? Besides the Mario games.