Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Monolith

It's Binding of Isaac if it leaned way harder on its shmup inspirations and was much more reasonably balanced. Worth many kinds of punts.

8/10

i can't wait to provide all of my extremely awful hot takes as I formulate them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Iconoclasts

A very pretty game with a lot of heart put into its characters, aesthetic and storyline couched between a Action Puzzle Platformer that I found to be kind of surprisingly bland and uninteresting to play through. You slide the blocks, you move the blocks, blah blah. Bosses aren't up to much but are very flashy. Some enemies take just ever so slightly too many hits to kill and some just act like roadbumps with large amounts of HP for no reason I can divine. I find the most apt comparison to be Owlboy in basically all aspects, very pretty, interesting characters and story, took a gazillion years to actually release, not that much fun to actually play. I'm sad.

Disclosure: didn't finish, not going to

i warned y'all about my awful hot takes

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Celeste

Literally one of the best platformers I've ever played. The pacing is immaculate, the sound design is ace, the characters/story are likeable and entertaining, everything about it feels goddamn good to handle and it gets a completely incredible amount of mileage out of a simple, intuitive and elegant set of base mechanics and basically it's just so loving good you guys it's unfair to most other indie platformers out there

9/10 climb that goddamn mountain