Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Skyrim: Special Edition is my first Elder Scrolls game and so far it's the nicest thing I've played in awhile. I'm definitely very invested and can't put it down.

A few gripes for me is that it's difficult to stay driven enough to do one questline or quests specific to the kind of character you want to run with. I have an Argonian mage and he's very overpowered, and I wanted to do the mage college questline and but since I'm bombarded with a new optional unrelated quest about every ten minutes, I've gone about ten levels without doing anything for the mage questline. In terms of freedom it's great but too much freedom has actually dampened my experience in the plot overall. It's like the game had ADHD and wants to be very immersive, but can't focus long enough to complete a sentence.

Random drops are also a little too generous. Like i said, my character is a mage with little allocated to Stamina and Health and most everything allocated to Magicka, but around level 15 I found an enchanted hammer that was stronger than any of my spells (even being a little overleveled), and since then that hammer has usurped my entire library of spells in terms of deadliness, so there's some dissonance (maybe on my part of keeping the hammer, but why sell it for 600 gold pieces when it's so useful?). Mages are by principle not supposed to tank but my mage is breaking the rules in a big way.

We here at X-Play give the game a solid 4 out of 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU