Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

CHR$(143) - A
Awful name, an aesthetic that is retro to a fault, seems like Chip's Challenge meets Boulderdash, but ends up being the most esoteric blend of puzzle elements I think I've ever seen that somehow manages to come together in a way that works. Costs $2. Easily my favourite puzzle game in years.

Cult of the Lamb - B+
Dungeon crawling that's way too easy, and cult management with a lot of fun unlocks and progression... and babysitting, and bugs, and bad/lacking UI. The aesthetic manages to carry a lot on its shoulders. Hoping post-launch support can improve this one.

Vintage Story - A-
I can't believe it's not Terrafirmacraft. (Really, it can be hard to tell the difference.) Survival Minecraft with interesting temperature/crafting/farming/cooking/spoilage systems, repetitive knapping, frustratingly overwrought mining, some "working as intended" issues with worldgen, and combat that actually manages to be worse than Minecraft's while already being tuned to kick your rear end. Still, highly configurable, and nothing that's really a dealbreaker but it still lacks a real endgame to work towards for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU